[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
I'm having the hardest time deciding between Impact and Bane of legends. Initially I went Impact b/c the huge radius was the reason why I chose cyclone as my starter but I wanted to try out Bane of legends.

The movement speed buff feels really nice but I was really surprised how useful the 20% culling strike was. Does anyone else have a hard time picking between the two?

I went for Impact and love the increased AOE, especially while delving
"
HighOfffTums escribió:
Thanks in advance for the advice :-)

Check your skill gems vs the guide. Added fire dmg not as good as other options for totems. Leap Slam + Fortify over Dash for no cooldown movement and keeping Fortify up now that you have 5L Loreweave. Cold Snap over Minion Life for - cold resist.
If you upgrade helm or boots to more resists, you can tweak some of the other rares to have more dmg rolls as cheap pieces pop-up. I sold a few rings that would have been upgrades for you for like 5 chaos.
Hrimburn was like 5 chaos last I checked for some added burn damage. I yolo Vaal'd my Hrimsorrow afterwards and ended up with something I think worth more.
Update flasks. Life flask mods are bad because instant mod. And it would only remove the curse.. but if it is a map curse it would put it right back on. So you want curse immunity on a buff flask. Typically freezing (or bleed for non-Slayer) on life flask. I would change one of your defensive flasks to Atziri's Promise.

Nothing else is really glaring at needing work. Eventual jewel upgrades for more HP + 2-3 dmg rolls and better belt base. When I did RT axes, I think I valued going up towards Discipline Training more, but personal preference.

"
The movement speed buff feels really nice but I was really surprised how useful the 20% culling strike was. Does anyone else have a hard time picking between the two?

100% personal preference. There are merits for both:

Bane: Move faster and you can literally just spin everywhere with occasional leaps as needed (especially if you need to re-Fortify).
Impact: Slower, but bigger AoE and will turn into more Leap Slam to re-position rather than just bulldozing with Bane. For those opting for crit-variation, the accuracy is a nice bonus too.

I'm the opposite for Delve, I love the movement speed from Bane because I just hold right-click and spin pretty much all the way there with the occasional leap when no mobs to save mana. I've not tried Impact yet, but will most likely end up with it as a sword-crit for the range and accuracy (still torn with Overwhelm too, but dmg feels fine without it). Not sure if left-click movement was fixed yet, but could be nice for me with Cyclone and Leap on left/right click.
Editado por útlima vez por blackdeath101 en 14 jun. 2019 20:58:16
Hey Muirey,

Great build guide, I've been loving this as a league starter and I appreciate the time & effort you put into updating it!

My first map was an elemental reflect map, how do you deal with those? Or do you simply... don't?

Cheers man!
"
Gorefight escribió:
Hey Muirey,

Great build guide, I've been loving this as a league starter and I appreciate the time & effort you put into updating it!

My first map was an elemental reflect map, how do you deal with those? Or do you simply... don't?

Cheers man!

Thanks, glad you're having fun!

Elemental reflect and cannot leech are the two map mods this build cannot do. I usually just reroll the map.

If it rolls elemental reflect on a red tier map when you corrupt it for map completion you can just sell the map off.
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 15 jun. 2019 10:31:16
Hey there, not too sure if it's already been mentioned in the comments already, but how do you sustain the hatred, frostbite and blasphemy? that's already 85% mana reserved, I have barely enough to spin for 2 seconds.

Edit- I also have blood and sand aura (should I remove this, it's 10% reserved)
Editado por útlima vez por yannivzp en 15 jun. 2019 15:21:11
Switched to some AoE nodes + Impact and pleasantly surprised at the difference. Did a few T15's and Mastermind with 4.8k HP. And I underestimated Martial Experience for late game single mob fights.

"
yannivzp escribió:
Edit- I also have blood and sand aura (should I remove this, it's 10% reserved)

That is why. Can't use Blood & Sand too until at least level 2 or 3 Enlighten.
"
blackdeath101 escribió:
Switched to some AoE nodes + Impact and pleasantly surprised at the difference. Did a few T15's and Mastermind with 4.8k HP. And I underestimated Martial Experience for late game single mob fights.

It is a good node for sure. I'm looking forward to trying out sword+impact for myself! Going full area of effect an cycloning the entire screen looks hilarious and will be fun to screw around with.
Sword crit feels like the real deal. I'm only rocking a medium rolled Terminus Est with a 5 link poorly rolled Loreweave and my dps is fantastic. I haven't really worried about getting accuracy on my gear, and I'm still sitting at 99% hit chance (94% against evasive mobs).

I'm only at 5k hp right now, but the build feels pretty tanky. 30% damage reduction between Brutal Fervour and the Fortify cluster in the passive tree, Infused Channeling phys damage reduction, and 78% resist all seems to be legit. I've only died a couple of times since I started mapping, and most of my gear is still pretty crappy lol. Just started getting into red maps, and still haven't run into any issues.

Currently at almost 50% crit chance and freezing everything except for bosses.

They definitely buffed the hell out of this build. Very glad I went with this as my league starter.

I just wish the game crashed less on PS4. Luckily, when it crashes while I'm spinning, I'm not dead when I relog.
Editado por útlima vez por fiendishnature_ en 15 jun. 2019 19:15:05
"
fiendishnature_ escribió:
Sword crit feels like the real deal. I'm only rocking a medium rolled Terminus Est with a 5 link poorly rolled Loreweave and my dps is fantastic. I haven't really worried about getting accuracy on my gear, and I'm still sitting at 99% hit chance (94% against evasive mobs).

I'm only at 5k hp right now, but the build feels pretty tanky. 30% damage reduction between Brutal Fervour and the Fortify cluster in the passive tree, Infused Channeling phys damage reduction, and 78% resist all seems to be legit. I've only died a couple of times since I started mapping, and most of my gear is still pretty crappy lol. Just started getting into red maps, and still haven't run into any issues.

Currently at almost 50% crit chance and freezing everything except for bosses.

They definitely buffed the hell out of this build. Very glad I went with this as my league starter.

I just wish the game crashed less on PS4. Luckily, when it crashes while I'm spinning, I'm not dead when I relog.

Fantastic to hear, glad you're enjoying it. Hearing this makes me even more excited to dive into and tweak around the sword version myself! Which if I keep being betrayal starved I may do sooner rather than later.

The changes have been very nice for slayer and the duelist start in general. Instead of there being a single path to take with your passive tree/ascendancy/skill gems an hell even gear there are now loads of options to choose from that really make it fit to any ones playstyle. Which is a very fun thing for me since there hasn't been a lot of change since making this build in Jan of 2018.
Hey so I managed to craftthis and was curious with culling strike on bleeding enemies is swapping out of bane of legends into another node a good idea? And if so which would you recommend I saw a lot of talk about impact but it always feelsbad picking up nodes with crit or acc due to RT.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional