[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
leloupdesnues escribió:
I managed to 5L my two hand awe with lvl20 fortify, which gem do you think would fit the best instead of the fortify slot ?

There are a few choices

The dmg on full life you have linked currently is perfectly fine.
Can use Pulverize for a bit bigger cyclone radius.
Rage support is a very nice support and gives you the Berserk as an extra dps cooldown.
Close Combat support is also a good dps support.

I've really like using Rage support + berserk for mapping. If you're just plowing through a map building rage and then you can blow berserk on the legion encounter to clear as much as possible. It's a pretty fun playstyle that I've been enjoying.

"
System3D escribió:
Heh, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm still drawn to Cyclone, I've always loved the skill...
Does the build perform good in the bigger encounters, like 4-way or 5-way wars? I guess that's more important than fully clearing monoliths :)

No problem, I check in often at league starts to help people out! Also a few people who have played the build before stop in now an then to answer questions as well. Blackdedath101 has been very helpful in the past an currently by answering questions when I'm away.

I've done a 4 way battle last night and it worked perfectly fine. The only thing I'd change from my current 6-link is to go conc effect + Ele focus to really have that high boss damage for the High HP that the generals(or whatever they are calling them) have.

Still with using Cyclone-Infused Channel-Mele Phys-Ele dmg with attacks-Dmg on full-Pulverize I was able to get the 4 bosses down 4 times each so it wasn't bad at all.

"
ExpatJohnny escribió:
@Muirey

Recently started this game and of all the cyclone's, I love this build. Thanks for updating it for 3.7 and providing lots of feedback.

Have you tested the RT sword setup yet? Maybe with Voidforge?? Your thoughts? I'm really curious as I would like to go that direction with the build.

Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

I haven't tested the sword RT build yet but I believe Blackdeath101 is doing the sword crit version of the build. I did test a voidforge back when it was first released and it does work well but I think you'd want to drop the cold conversion from passive tree and hrimburns to let voidforge really shine. If possible taking elemental equilibrium because that gives a huge damage bonus with how voidforge cycles elements.

Something like this:www.poeurl.com/csRA maybe? It's a bit low on % life from the tree at 158% which is my only concern but that's just off the top of my head.
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 14 jun. 2019 14:31:15
"
Muirey escribió:
I haven't tested the sword RT build yet but I believe Blackdeath101 is doing the sword crit version of the build.

Yup, sword crit here with just a random Terminus I found. Did a T14 this morning and will try T15 and some of the emblem stuff when I get off work. I think like 1 ex invested minus the Taste of Hate. Does fine on damage, just the tankiness is an issue for me with only 5k HP vs some of the broken Legion skills or amped up map rolls.

Not sure about Voidforge, but a whole lot of other stuff like Wise Oak balance, different curse, etc await you with that. Can definitely work though.
Awesome, I will have to look into that. My thought was, run the same cold damage tree as Muirey's RT sword theory, but run elemental weakness instead of frostbite. I'm usually running grouped with an elemental caster, so I think it would play well to aid them as well.

I was also considering for mapping trying increased area of effect and pulverize. Or will that just create an unnecessarily large cyclone while dropping too much dps?

Thanks again for the awesome setup ideas!
Editado por útlima vez por ExpatJohnny en 14 jun. 2019 15:00:59
"
ExpatJohnny escribió:
Awesome, I will have to look into that. My thought was, run the same cold damage tree that you have, but run elemental weakness instead of frostbite. I'm usually running grouped with an elemental caster, so I think it would play well to aid them as well.

I was also considering for mapping trying increased area of effect and pulverize. Or will that just create an unnecessarily large cyclone while dropping too much dps?

Thanks again for the awesome setup ideas!

Elemental weakness would be better than Frostbite for a voidforge build for sure.

It's all a balance thing.. if you do fine damage for mapping with a massive cyclone then go as big as you can. I run a lot of maps that have corridors(waterways, toxic sewers so on) so area isn't as big of a deal for me.

All that said once your gear gets to a certain point you can have 1 weapon for clearing an 1 for bossing. In the t16 boss videos I have 1 disfavour for clearing that is using the 'max freezing' 6-link listed in the main guide and a 2nd one with the elemental focus + conc effect that I make a point to show me switching between right outside the boss room.

Those videos are before the 3.7 buffs as well so it would be even better clear with that setup now. There is a lot of flexibility to the build that allows for personal tastes to come into play so a person can really make it tailored to their playstyle.
Sweet, I'll go and watch some of those vids. So far I may also lean toward trying to craft a good sword... though that may get expensive. I'll be sure to leave an update here on how the RT sword setup works once I get further in. So far so good!! Oh and not sure if this helps anyone else, but I've used a 2h sword and frost blade for leveling. It kept the icy theme and allowed for similar gear slotting.
"
ExpatJohnny escribió:
Sweet, I'll go and watch some of those vids. So far I may also lean toward trying to craft a good sword... though that may get expensive. I'll be sure to leave an update here on how the RT sword setup works once I get further in. So far so good!! Oh and not sure if this helps anyone else, but I've used a 2h sword and frost blade for leveling. It kept the icy theme and allowed for similar gear slotting.

Sounds great! Any feedback you have is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to finish crafting my current ax before leveling a new character and hillock is being a pure bastard to try to get into transportation. I want to finish the craft and do the 5 army encounter before rerolling a character so I know how those feel for the ax version.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. There are a couple of new stance skills now.
Have you tested them out? (Blood and sand, flesh and stone).
I'd be interested in any changes needed to make them work with this build.

Oldenevil.
"
JBN001 escribió:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. There are a couple of new stance skills now.
Have you tested them out? (Blood and sand, flesh and stone).
I'd be interested in any changes needed to make them work with this build.

Oldenevil.

I've tried both of them. Flesh and stone the only real benefit sand stand part of it. If you wanted to use it you'd probably have to pick up a frostbite on hit ring. Dropping frostbite altogether would be a massive dps decrease so I wouldn't advise that.

Blood and Sand is fine to use but reserving another 10% mana for a very small buff probably isn't worth it until you have a lvl 3 enlighten.
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 14 jun. 2019 18:49:24
I just found my first Exalt of the league. So I basically have 1.5 Exalt of total currency.

What should I upgrade? My resists are 109/93/109/-41

*Atziri's axe feels so far out of reach I'll never get it.

*Devotos Devotion is 1.2 Exalt, but I feel like my limited $$ could be better spent?

*My boots are mediocre, but 'better' boots wouldn't change much.

*I'm having trouble convincing myself to get rid of my 6 link tabula... and 6 link loreweaves are ~7 exalts

Thanks in advance for the advice :-)

I'm having the hardest time deciding between Impact and Bane of legends. Initially I went Impact b/c the huge radius was the reason why I chose cyclone as my starter but I wanted to try out Bane of legends.

The movement speed buff feels really nice but I was really surprised how useful the 20% culling strike was. Does anyone else have a hard time picking between the two?

edit: Also for the guy who wanted to try out Blood and Sand, if you have enough resists elsewhere and some room on your rings you could craft the -mana cost prefix which makes cyclone mana cost 0. That's what I did and I get a nice aoe boost.
Editado por útlima vez por Bibpanana en 14 jun. 2019 20:41:50

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional