[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Couldn't see this but would you recommend it for HC? My scuffed chieftain became a scuffed jugg and looking for something else more fun.

Will maybe convert my scuffed jugg down the line into a boss killer of some sort and use this build as a farmer
"
MrToweliee escribió:
Couldn't see this but would you recommend it for HC? My scuffed chieftain became a scuffed jugg and looking for something else more fun.

Will maybe convert my scuffed jugg down the line into a boss killer of some sort and use this build as a farmer

With how nerfed slayer leech is these days I wouldn't go for HC. Some rares.. especially supped up legion archers will one shot you from across the screen and there ins't really anything you can do for that.

I had one in a map earlier that had gotten possessed as well... was a butt clencher for sure.

"
blackdeath101 escribió:
Ha, no problem. Downtime at work = free time to check thread.

Also, with Devoto's still being stupid priced (10 ex for cyclone enchant), I may mess around with fossil crafting again if I get a decent pre-enchanted base. I made this last league for a WO CWC Ice Spear build. (Low iLvl, but really cheap lab enchant)

With the switch to Frostbite ring, can make up some of the lost penetration with one of these.

Hey man you know I don't mind it. I'll be gone for 3 weeks at the end of the month and will only be able to check in every now an then. So answer away! :p

And yeah I've been looking at helm options... devoto's is stupid expensive.
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 12 jun. 2019 20:44:40
I tried a bit to make a frostbite ring work but it is as someone said few pages ago : since we need one hit to apply the curse it doesn't work on mobs that we one shot and so the herald of ice doesn't proc or only rarely.

I guess i will wait to be in harder tiers of maps where i won't one shot all the trash mobs to see if it works better.
Hi, newbie here.

Started playing poe in Synth league and really wanted to play cyclone, but since cyclone was an attack skill and not channeling it felt really bad to play for me (coming from d3 ww barb). After the changes to cyclone I wanted to give it a new try.

I'm currently having a lot of fun with this build. Running through maps is a breeze but I sometimes struggle a little on some legion monsters and map bosses. I have just started doing red maps and get one/two shot by some bosses. I also got owned pretty bad by Atziri(regular, first time I tried her), but did fine with the trio.

Currently using Belly of the Beast(5L), Kondo(5L) and I have Loreweave in the stash. So I have chosen some sword nodes instead of axe nodes in the build.

I am having a real hard time to figure out what gear is an upgrade and what gear is not. There are so many combinations of affixes on gear in this game. I was hoping that you would have the time to take a quick look at my profile and see if there are some obvious mistakes and potential upgrades I can look for.
"
Sonoryo escribió:
I tried a bit to make a frostbite ring work but it is as someone said few pages ago : since we need one hit to apply the curse it doesn't work on mobs that we one shot and so the herald of ice doesn't proc or only rarely.

Comes down to your playstyle. If you do both, you have the Herald for Frenzy + freezing and then still have curses for everything that lives.

"
Instictpoe escribió:
I am having a real hard time to figure out what gear is an upgrade and what gear is not. There are so many combinations of affixes on gear in this game. I was hoping that you would have the time to take a quick look at my profile and see if there are some obvious mistakes and potential upgrades I can look for.

(Thorough to help, not criticizing)

Weapon: Change Elemental Prolif to Infused Channeling. Can change Dmg on Full Life to Pulverize for more AoE and consistency, but personal preference. I try to save Dmg on Full Life for 6th/7th slot.
Helm: You can keep leveling Increased Duration in helm. Supports are not impacted by CWDT restriction.
Rings: No life on left ring. Just HP/resists, could use some damage rolls like phys dmg to attacks, WED, or cold dmg.
Amulet: Switch Warped Timepiece to Daresso's Salute.
Gloves: I assume the Enfeeble is to be tankier? You stopped leveling it if so.
Belt: Belt is good HP and resists, but could do better. Light to sword is not much. I would start with a phys, hp, 2-3 resists, and WED unless you get lucky with a cheap abyss with all that stuff and abyss jewel with better rolls.
Flasks: You are using Resolute Technique, so you can't crit. Ditch the Diamond flask. Double movement flask is overkill. I would add a Silver, Basalt, and Atziri's and one of the first 2 should be curse immune.
Boots: 4-link and add Blood Magic. Blood Magic makes Leap Slam cost HP and we leech plenty to recover it back, but our mana regen is mostly leech. Also makes no regen maps a lot easier.

Passives:
Ditch Razor's Edge. Bleeding is not for us.
Ditch Martial Experience.
If you have decent jewels or can afford 5-15 chaos for 2 decent jewels, you can get 2 jewel slots for 3 points with HP and 2 dmg rolls. Otherwise, Juggernaut and 5% HP nodes with the remaining points. More HP = survival and more leech.

Gameplay: Try to keep Fortify up whenever you are going to fight something stronger like Legion and map bosses. A lot of skills have shows that you can use to try to avoid, but not all of them. Like some of the Syndicate have some skills where they wind up their weapon and then launch a big damage hit.. so leap or spin out of the way before they finish. Chaos resistance will help with some things and Atziri's will offset a bit of your deficiency. I stacked a bit extra because of snake spitters and it shows during some of the Legion/Syndicate skills.

As for absurd damage with Legion, some of that is on GGG to fix. They made Syndicate too strong and eventually nerfed them and they did the same with a few of the Legion skills. Red wall of death = bad.

*Probably multiple grammatical errors, it is 5:30am :P
Editado por útlima vez por blackdeath101 en 13 jun. 2019 5:32:40
"
Helm: You can keep leveling Increased Duration in helm. Supports are not impacted by CWDT restriction.

Thank you very much for this tip. I did not know that it worked this way. Got burned last league with levelig CWD and was so afraid to level them. And some of the others I've stopped leveling was because I was struggeling with intelligence, but that is fixed now and I just forgot to continue leveling them.
I normally use Infused Channeling on my weapon, but I tried out something else when you saw my profile.

And thank you very much for taking your time to give such good feedback on my character. I will look for a new left ring, I kinda feel the right ring looked good. And my Diamond flask is just to remove curses since I have not had any other drop. I will change this when I find a replacement for remove curse.
I always thought that Blood Magic on leap was stupid, until I got a no regen map and coudln't attack for some reason. Will try to 4L when I manage to get some more fusing. (spent all fusing on Loreweave)

Pasives: I can understand why removing Razor's Edge might be a good idea, but I don't really understand why taking Martial Experience is not worth it.

Again, thank you very much for your reply.
Hey nice build! I've started maps up to T5 for now, going pretty smoothly but only got 3.5k life because of tabula and being lv79, what would you recommend upgrading first?

I'm thinking of changing tabula for a 5L belly or carcass jack.
Great build,easy to play,thank you!
"
revenantt97 escribió:
Great build,easy to play,thank you!

"
momocorpo escribió:
Hey nice build! I've started maps up to T5 for now, going pretty smoothly but only got 3.5k life because of tabula and being lv79, what would you recommend upgrading first?

I'm thinking of changing tabula for a 5L belly or carcass jack.

Thanks you both, glad you're enjoying it.

Belly is a good option, very cheap these days. Also there are a lot of good rare chests out there now that are as good or better than belly of the beast. Come with more resistances as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/2vwO3eFk

Those are some examples.
So I just ripped about 1.5 ex fighting uber atziri got her down to the last mirror phase in both attempts im out of currency now but do you think you could lend me some insight into what my next goal should be to maybe help it go a bit smoother next time. Thanks again for the build guide first league I've even attempted atziri let alone uber!

(Getting good might help as well only had 2 - 3 portals each time I got to her.)

Side note are the crafted axes linked earlier in the thread better than atziri's disfavour? Only my second league so crafting spooks me.

Side side note thanks @blackdeath for the advice earlier made red maps much more comfortable.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional