[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

I got a PM asking how I'm leveling and playing this in Abyss HC so I've quickly thrown together a 4 step skill progression tree and a few notes on what I did. I died a few times along the way and found this progression was best. I'm only 79 at the moment doing low tier maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/build/OZPBSk

Level 1-27 I went MS + AC + LGoH. All you need to bully content

Level 28 Switch to Cyclone + LGoH + FA + MPhys

Level 31 add Blaspheme + Warlords. At this point you should be up in the Scion life wheel. Here I add the Brute Force unique jewel in the socket on the way up which solves ALL your INT problems forever until endgame.

Level 40ish before you do "Death to Purity" in act 5, go do normal Labs and get Bane of Legends first. You should then be close to 44 and equipping Rigwald's Charge. This makes the rest of leveling a breeze.

Level 51 you can equip Terminus Est early in Act 7. You're still cyclon-ing but the game is a joke at this point.

Level 60 you can grind blood aqueducts super super fast for easy levels + Humility cards. I also did cruel Labs in preparation for using flicker

Level 65ish you can switch to flicker and still grind blood aqueducts. I did this to 71 just because it was so easy and fun with flicker.

Level 65+ fill the tree out as per the guide.
When I watched a videos of this build or similar builds I realized the number of frenzy charges rarely go below 4. So what is the point of travelling that far in the tree to get frenzy charges.

Is it the speed bonus or is it the small possibility of using 5 of them with out any critical hit? Or is it for bosses where we can't generate any frenzy.

I think this is a great build for using weapon swap imho. And we can get more and more dps and life nodes instead of frenzy charge that can compensate our attack speed.
"
Mutasyon escribió:
When I watched a videos of this build or similar builds I realized the number of frenzy charges rarely go below 4. So what is the point of travelling that far in the tree to get frenzy charges.

Is it the speed bonus or is it the small possibility of using 5 of them with out any critical hit? Or is it for bosses where we can't generate any frenzy.

I think this is a great build for using weapon swap imho. And we can get more and more dps and life nodes instead of frenzy charge that can compensate our attack speed.

You do sometimes drop below 3 charges sometimes on single target and when you do, you're going to have a bad time mmmkay.

But you're mostly right, you want the 5 charges for single targets where you get the charges up with diamond flask and have enough to sustain with bad rng. It's easier than you think to get stuck sometimes with dick in hand and no frenzy charges. Even with close to 70% crit.

Don't ask how you fail to generate frenzy charges on single targets with 70% crit and multistrike. GGG makes it happen.

"
Mastodonic escribió:
"
Mutasyon escribió:

You do sometimes drop below 3 charges sometimes on single target and when you do, you're going to have a bad time mmmkay.

But you're mostly right, you want the 5 charges for single targets where you get the charges up with diamond flask and have enough to sustain with bad rng. It's easier than you think to get stuck sometimes with dick in hand and no frenzy charges. Even with close to 70% crit.

Don't ask how you fail to generate frenzy charges on single targets with 70% crit and multistrike. GGG makes it happen.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Yeah yeah probability isn't that low in the case which you farm with this build for ten hours a day. But we are not playing in HC I feel like for a single frenzy charge we can gain a lot. But I'm pretty noob when it comes to build a char. It would be great Kargot would try this instead of me :D
"
Mutasyon escribió:
"
Mastodonic escribió:
"
Mutasyon escribió:

Thanks for the fast answer.

Yeah yeah probability isn't that low in the case which you farm with this build for ten hours a day. But we are not playing in HC I feel like for a single frenzy charge we can gain a lot. But I'm pretty noob when it comes to build a char. It would be great Kargot would try this instead of me :D

That's the thing, I personally am playing HC with this build and even with 5 frenzy charges i need 2 life flasks for those odd times that 5 charges doesn't sustain single target. It's rare, but it does happen.

BUT

You also need to remember that each frenzy is 4% MORE damage. 8% more is nothing to sniff at.
"
Mastodonic escribió:

That's the thing, I personally am playing HC with this build and even with 5 frenzy charges i need 2 life flasks for those odd times that 5 charges doesn't sustain single target. It's rare, but it does happen.

BUT

You also need to remember that each frenzy is 4% MORE damage. 8% more is nothing to sniff at.

Playing hc with flicker strike you are very brave :D

I also realized going other places with extra skill points dont give us too much survivability and damage.
This build is a BLAST! (quite litteraly)

I started the 2h non-crit version of the build, when suddenly a Terminus dropped and I knew what I had to do. A quick day of leveling later I was blazing through maps again and the fun isn't stopping.
It takes some time in the beginning to figure out what makes your flickering stutter (frenzy charges/mana/dps/fps). Once you get the hang of it though your eyes kinda get addicted to the fast mashup of all the different visual effects.
I tweaked the tree a bit to run Inspired Learning (right side of the tree) and I run Shadows and Dust too for the rampage explosions. The colours are just amazing!
Will be hunting for those juicy Assassins Mark on hit rings next to get some Hatred going too.

Worst thing about the build: the backtracking for the loot! If the packs are tightly together you end up on the other side of the map faster than the loot filter can trigger the sound of the drops. But that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Thanks for the awsome build!
Editado por útlima vez por Monti_Jones en 19 dic. 2017 14:30:27
Could you guys please look at my profile (ign:RottenBlade) and tell me what i am doing wrong? my dmg is so tiny...thank you!
I’ll just wait for the guide to be updated so I can update my guy too.
Made all the way to lvl 85 but I’m holding back a bit to see how to passive tree would look like with Vaal pact and if I’ll have to change my ascension points.

Orb of regret here I come...
"
ethanju escribió:
Could you guys please look at my profile (ign:RottenBlade) and tell me what i am doing wrong? my dmg is so tiny...thank you!

You to the wrong path at the start of the duelist area and lost 36% inc phys damage.

You're supposed to take IMPACT early in your ascendancy so you don't have to use melee splash and can use melee dmg on full life.

Just those two changes takes your dps from 121k to 182k! That's 50% more dps

Get a 6 link and add fortify and you would be at 195k.

Now if you get the Oskarm gloves you can drop herald of ash and assassin mark for Hatred. You dps is now 235k

Do the above and it will literally double your dps.
Editado por útlima vez por Mastodonic en 19 dic. 2017 20:21:14

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional