[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Finding WI in this Perandus league won't be a problem at all. Prices on the signets and Astramentis aren't particularly high either, although much more in line with what one could expect. Either way, this league is going to be all about the good rares. Cadiro doesn't help with those, unlike the uniques. Which makes me wonder... maybe it's time to try an all-unique version? It's not going to be as good as what we have in Standard, but I have a feeling that it will be a lot easier to assemble and it may be good enough to complete the challenges. You just have to stay away from certain things.

What do you think about going all-unique in Perandus, Baalorlord?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Finding WI in this Perandus league won't be a problem at all. Prices on the signets and Astramentis aren't particularly high either, although much more in line with what one could expect. Either way, this league is going to be all about the good rares. Cadiro doesn't help with those, unlike the uniques. Which makes me wonder... maybe it's time to try an all-unique version? It's not going to be as good as what we have in Standard, but I have a feeling that it will be a lot easier to assemble and it may be good enough to complete the challenges. You just have to stay away from certain things.

What do you think about going all-unique in Perandus, Baalorlord?

Going all unique is possible, but its not as strong as you would hope - the lack of base ES is a problem, and at some point the flat +int from a rare will help more than another 4% increased intelligence. Also, you'll find that you have trouble maxing resists if you do this. One or two good rares with the rest uniques would be a lot stronger.

That said, here are the unqiues you'd want:

Ammy: Astramentis
Rings: Perandus Signet x2
Belt: Auxium (you'll need the base ES, trust me)
Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings (this would be a lowlife variant) / Atziri's Splendor ES variant
Helmet: The Vertex / Heretic's Gaze / Black Sun Crest for full YOLO
Gloves: Voidbringers? This is the slot to use rare instead of a unique
Boots: Steppan Eard / Sin Trek / Skyforth

The damage output would certainly be there, but I can't see this reaching much more than 7k ES.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord escribió:
"
Kuram escribió:

Have you played the AOF version in hardcore? How about a pure ice version? I'd rather the extra survivability of frost, but if it's really not too worth it I won't bother.

I have not played WI in hardcore, but the original version of this build was pure ice and freezes were relatively rare. If you stacked some freeze chance though I am sure it would work pretty well.

If you want extra survivability, running dual (or even triple) curse is a solid choice however, with or without AoF.

So then really cold damage doesn't offer substantially more survivability than going AOF, in which case it's better to do AOF for the faster kill (and thus less chance to become dead)?
"
Kuram escribió:

So then really cold damage doesn't offer substantially more survivability than going AOF, in which case it's better to do AOF for the faster kill (and thus less chance to become dead)?

Yeah, that sums it up quite well I think.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord escribió:
"
Kuram escribió:

Yeah, that sums it up quite well I think.

Awesome thanks!
"
Kuram escribió:
"
Baalorlord escribió:
"
Kuram escribió:

Have you played the AOF version in hardcore? How about a pure ice version? I'd rather the extra survivability of frost, but if it's really not too worth it I won't bother.

I have not played WI in hardcore, but the original version of this build was pure ice and freezes were relatively rare. If you stacked some freeze chance though I am sure it would work pretty well.

If you want extra survivability, running dual (or even triple) curse is a solid choice however, with or without AoF.

It's actually not that simple. You'll get 5% freeze for free (elementalist), the rest you have to nab. There's a 5% freeze node by GR and you could just spec into FF for another 10% freeze. That puts you at 20%. If you use Izaro's Turmoil (let's say you've got 2 of them), your freeze chance hits 24%. You could also run Doryani's belt (cold variant), for another 10% on flask use. Running HoI with Ice Bite (15% freeze now) nets you even more frozen power. Even at around 35% freeze, everything will be solid ice around you. Great for clears, not so much bosses. But cold variant with a bit of work is amazing. The shatter and constant CC is hella fun to play, way better than fire, which feels bland and lifeless in comparison.

In any case, you can't compare a half ass build with a full ass build. If you want to run cold, you have to spec for it. It'll cost you some dps, but everything in this game is about trade offs so welcome to another average day in PoE.

You decide if it's worth it. But cold > fire for fun and mapping. Fire if you want to bring the heat in tough fights.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
The shatter and constant CC is hella fun to play, way better than fire, which feels bland and lifeless in comparison.

Killing trash is bland and lifeless in comparison to doing bosses. Especially twin bosses. Good luck doing the stuff I posted a few pages up with a freeze WI build. ;)

There are much faster trash clear builds out there. The main point of this build is that it allows you to kill super tough bosses.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 8 mar. 2016 4:02:24
"
StorgutBorsit escribió:
Whats with Izaros Turmoil? I find them a good upgrade Jewelwise .. .

Izaro's are good jewels for this build. Not the best. You can get more from 3-mod jewels and much more from 4-mod ones. But if you can't find/afford any good ones yet - Izaro is your go-to jewel.
is it possible to play this effectively as a life based character? i know the int will be missing but i dont like to play CI in hc. tryed it once and wasnt happy at all.
and thx for the great guide.
How about using Ice Spear - CC - GMP - FC for Elemental Overload trigger? Or you could put it on CWDT. 600% increased crit chance in second form with a high base crit made higher with changes to Crit Strikes support makes it very easy to sustain EO 100% of the time. That's what I currently use.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional