[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Regret orbs in hand, I set forth this morning to determine which ascendancy classes are best for the build.

Berserker has already been nailed down as one of our two subclasses, so lets look at what the remaining points can get us:

I tested a variety of options, including just grabbing the 80 int from the stat nodes, but the following options ended up being the best:

The baseline comparison with no ascendancy points spent (other than the ones in berserker) were 12,969 ES and 4430.5 tooltip in Inc. AoE icestorm.

Elementalist: 13,248 ES (and we take reduced ele damage), 4976.5 icestorm tooltip with flame golem active. The 5% extra penetration means that the damage is higher than advertised.

Occultist: 13,712 ES with 1% regen, 4789.5 tooltip when having recently killed a cursed enemy (this is basically all of the time)

Heirophant: 14,214 ES, 4587.5 tooltip. Dat ES. Siginificant mana gain as well.

Raider - 12,969 ES, 5002 tooltip with max frenzy charges. Mother of god, raider is fun, running around a map with +20% move speed maxed on all three charge types and wrecking everything in sight.

I honestly can't pick one of these as completely superior to the others, and I think the choice may come down to personal preference.

If you want even more damage (and don't mind using a golem) then Elementalist is your choice.

If you want a balance between offense and defense, go Occultist.

If you want a crapload more ES and mana, go for Heirophant.

If you primarily map and do not plan on fighting major bosses like Atziri, then go Raider, its incredibly fun.

Having weighed all the options, I will personally be going with Elementalist.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
So I just bought a WI in the templeague and only managed to get it to 5 sockets before it said "Item already has the maximum number of sockets"

Is this a nerf in the latest patch?
No, every item has itemlevel (depends where he drop). For 6 sockets you need item with atleast 50 itemlevel. Just mouseover item and press alt to see whats your ilvl on the staff but its just below 50 and thats why you cant roll 6s.
"
Asag escribió:
No, every item has itemlevel (depends where he drop). For 6 sockets you need item with atleast 50 itemlevel. Just mouseover item and press alt to see whats your ilvl on the staff but its just below 50 and thats why you cant roll 6s.

ok lol didnt know that, thanks.

Christ, the Atziri Vaal Oversouls died instantly.

By the way, Elemental Overload can trigger off Atziri while she is invulnerable.

EDIT: Fun with tooltips!

Editado por útlima vez por Baalorlord en 6 mar. 2016 11:17:07

This just dropped on an atziri run, and I 6-socketed it quite easily.

If anyone wants to try this build on standard, send me a whisper @Harold_Of_Ice_ and you have have the staff for free.

EDIT: Staff given to Xdrag, good luck with the build sir!
Editado por útlima vez por Baalorlord en 6 mar. 2016 12:16:32
Hi,
How is the performance difference with and without Skyforth?

Thanks
"
TheHeadsmasher escribió:
Hi,
How is the performance difference with and without Skyforth?

Thanks

Skyforth was not as big of an upgrade as I was expecting, honestly - though we do have to keep in mind that my previous boots were 200 ES with 50 int.

Overall I am up about 50 intelligence thanks to the different skill pathing, but down some ES. The 10% movespeed over my old boots is much appreciated.

The money might have been better spent on upgrading my helmet and gloves honestly.
Whats with Izaros Turmoil? I find them a good upgrade Jewelwise .. .
I got this in Perandus league:

Too bad cant get 6s and out of jews atm :(

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional