[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
thelibertarian escribió:
"
Asag escribió:
No, every item has itemlevel (depends where he drop). For 6 sockets you need item with atleast 50 itemlevel. Just mouseover item and press alt to see whats your ilvl on the staff but its just below 50 and thats why you cant roll 6s.

ok lol didnt know that, thanks.
You can still get the 6 sockets on that WI by using Vorici's recipe, regardless of its item level.
New videos posted.

Main most is more or less entirely updated for 2.2 now.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord escribió:
New videos posted.

Awesome, looks like so much fun :D

I got a question regarding lvling with WI, you say that we can swap to CI after we "have good ES gear!"

What constitutes as good ES, what number am I looking for? :)
"
thelibertarian escribió:
"
Baalorlord escribió:
New videos posted.

I got a question regarding lvling with WI, you say that we can swap to CI after we "have good ES gear!"

I am leveling in the new Perandus League as an Icestormer.

I went CI (when you do this it's better to save 4 skill points to invest at a time, one for CI and 3 for the subsequent ES nodes, especially the last one, Infused shield) when I got about 5k ES after Infused Shield (and with Discipline on), and this was halfway A1 Merciless, when I was level 59. This was enough to continue the leveling process without big problems and to farm more gear / currency to get constant gear upgrades in the meanwhile.

Obviously you have to be resistance capped too.

And, trust me, having Vaal Discipline in your arsenal is a great defensive option when leveling.

Hope this helps!
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 7 mar. 2016 8:45:57
"
djnat escribió:
"
thelibertarian escribió:
"
Baalorlord escribió:
New videos posted.

I am leveling in the new Perandus League as an Icestormer.

I went CI (when you do this it's better to save 4 skill points to invest at a time, one for CI and 3 for the subsequent ES nodes, especially the last one, Infused shield) when I got about 5k ES after Infused Shield (and with Discipline on), and this was halfway A1 Merciless, when I was level 59. This was enough to continue the leveling process without big problems and to farm more gear / currency to get constant gear upgrades in the meanwhile.

Obviously you have to be resistance capped too.

And, trust me, having Vaal Discipline in your arsenal is a great defensive option when leveling.

Hope this helps!

Yeah this anwser was great, thanks!
If I want to go full ice/chill (no AOF) for survivability in HC perandus, is it as simple as not investing the points towards AOF? Or are there other considerations I need to make?
"
Kuram escribió:
If I want to go full ice/chill (no AOF) for survivability in HC perandus, is it as simple as not investing the points towards AOF? Or are there other considerations I need to make?

If you want to go pure cold, the following adjustments are advisable:

-Don't get Avatar of fire (obviously)
-Ignore the Snowforged cluster
-Ignore Fire Walker
-Use Cold penetration instead of fire penetration
-Use a different support gem in place of cold to fire. Both hypothermia and controlled destruction are good choices (skip elemental overload if you go controlled destruction)
-Use a different support gem in place of elemental focus. If you are in this for the freeze chance, you need to be able to freeze!
-Don't look for fire damage on jewels
-Invest in a sapphire flask instead of a ruby one if you choose to run reflect maps

Bear in mind that you won't freeze much unless you invest in freeze chance somehow. Everything will be chilled, of course, but that is the case even with AoF thanks to the chilled ground. The saved points can let you go dual curse (Whispers of Doom is right nearby) and you can then run either frostbite for freeze chance or temp chains for more slowdown. Or invest the saved points in more ES - however you want to roll with it.

"
Baalorlord escribió:
"
Kuram escribió:

If you want to go pure cold, the following adjustments are advisable:

-Don't get Avatar of fire (obviously)
-Ignore the Snowforged cluster
-Ignore Fire Walker
-Use Cold penetration instead of fire penetration
-Use a different support gem in place of cold to fire. Both hypothermia and controlled destruction are good choices (skip elemental overload if you go controlled destruction)
-Use a different support gem in place of elemental focus. If you are in this for the freeze chance, you need to be able to freeze!
-Don't look for fire damage on jewels
-Invest in a sapphire flask instead of a ruby one if you choose to run reflect maps

Bear in mind that you won't freeze much unless you invest in freeze chance somehow. Everything will be chilled, of course, but that is the case even with AoF thanks to the chilled ground. The saved points can let you go dual curse (Whispers of Doom is right nearby) and you can then run either frostbite for freeze chance or temp chains for more slowdown. Or invest the saved points in more ES - however you want to roll with it.

Have you played the AOF version in hardcore? How about a pure ice version? I'd rather the extra survivability of frost, but if it's really not too worth it I won't bother.
Im so unlucky. Still cant get 6s on my WI and yet I did not find even one item that I could use for CI and Im already finishing a1 merc :(
"
Kuram escribió:

Have you played the AOF version in hardcore? How about a pure ice version? I'd rather the extra survivability of frost, but if it's really not too worth it I won't bother.

I have not played WI in hardcore, but the original version of this build was pure ice and freezes were relatively rare. If you stacked some freeze chance though I am sure it would work pretty well.

If you want extra survivability, running dual (or even triple) curse is a solid choice however, with or without AoF.
Editado por útlima vez por Baalorlord en 7 mar. 2016 16:47:15

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional