[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Kelvynn escribió:
A build with 9 uniques is hardly feasible, you'd lose way too much resists and ES..

I run 8 uniques, everything but the chest. 10K ES (could get it higher but I like dps), over-capped resists (142+ with single boost to cold on a jewel because my chest lacks enough) and 2040 Int. 3.08 casts/sec. 25% area of effect since we no longer use IAoE gem.

6.2K farming dmg, 11K boss dmg with penetration. 6.9k and 12k with full frenzy charges, respectively.

Also, that 1620 is not unmodified, that's his total Int with bonuses and everything lol. I don't see a way to get 200+ Int without all uniques. And Waffle ran his witch with 9 uniques (I'm too poor for Shavs and Acuity's), so there's that too haha.

Kinda not trusting your math any longer lmao (jk).

EDIT: My math looks good actually. Not sure about your issue but don't want to argue. I've studied this build through and through and just post up to share my findings as I continue to tweak. Peace.
Deliver pain exquisite
Editado por útlima vez por ultratiem en 30 dic. 2015 5:19:23
"
"
Kelvynn escribió:
A build with 9 uniques is hardly feasible, you'd lose way too much resists and ES..

I run 8 uniques, everything but the chest. 10K ES (could get it higher but I like dps), over-capped resists (142+ with single boost to cold on a jewel because my chest lacks enough) and 2040 Int. 3.08 casts/sec. 25% area of effect since we no longer use IAoE gem.

6.2K farming dmg, 11K boss dmg with penetration. 6.9k and 12k with full frenzy charges, respectively.

Also, that 1620 is not unmodified, that's his total Int with bonuses and everything lol. I don't see a way to get 200+ Int without all uniques. And Waffle ran his witch with 9 uniques (I'm too poor for Shavs and Acuity's), so there's that too haha.

EDIT: My math looks good actually. Not sure about your issue but don't want to argue. I've studied this build through and through and just post up to share my findings as I continue to tweak. Peace.

Can u plz link ur gear and tree or jsut open acc?

Atm playing on CIS talisman sc, uber done on lvl 94 with 2 rare rings 50 int/50reg/30es/17-18%es
1450 int, 11500es. Poor cis players cant drop perandus signet lol.
atm link
fast casting-echo-ControledDestruction-LL-CTF-rarity/conc for bosses
hate slow cast without faster casting rly. 3.06 aps atm
"
Azraeil escribió:
EDIT: Isn't the added fire damage from CtF a more multiplier, rather than in your example an increased? If the former is correct that would make AoF well superior for damage no?

No, CtF is 'increased', not 'more'. I wish it was! :)
"
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Right, just as I said, 1620 Int is already modified. You lose 4% of the unmodified Int. So my math is correct. Well, almost. :) I forgot to multiply the 16 Int base difference by 1.38, but that's minor.

But for 8 uniques Astra would be hard to replace indeed, because your Int modifier is 1.50. How are you managing that? Could you please post your gear or un-private your character?
BiS ammy?

+1 curse astramentis.
Casually casual.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Right, just as I said, 1620 Int is already modified. You lose 4% of the unmodified Int. So my math is correct. Well, almost. :) I forgot to multiply the 16 Int base difference by 1.38, but that's minor.

But for 8 uniques Astra would be hard to replace indeed, because your Int modifier is 1.50. How are you managing that? Could you please post your gear or un-private your character?

Black Sun
Astramentis
2x Perandus Signets (legacy)
Doryani's Invitation (cold variant)
Sin Trek
Voidbringer
and WI

Running clarity (to handle the Voidbringer's), HoI, discipline and PoE for auras.

4x Fertile Minds, Brute Force Solution and then 4 rares.

Current tree (currently 94):

Deliver pain exquisite
"
Black Sun
Astramentis
2x Perandus Signets (legacy)
Doryani's Invitation (cold variant)
Sin Trek
Voidbringer
and WI

Running clarity (to handle the Voidbringer's), HoI, discipline and PoE for auras.

4x Fertile Minds, Brute Force Solution and then 4 rares.

Current tree (currently 94):

Thank you! Looks interesting.

So you are actually running a different build. No AoF, no US, no VP, area damage instead of duration, tons of aura nodes to compensate for the massive spell cost and lack of resists. A lot less ES/survivability than Baalorlord's main variation. Voidbringers is the 2nd focus of your build after WI, and you sacrifice a lot for its dps.

Questions:

1. What supports are you using in your WI? No CD since you are going for crits?

2. How are you dealing with stuns? Uber? Daresso? Just not going for targets like that, or eating some deaths?

3. No VP? What about hard hitting single targets without tons of adds to leech from? I guess you can skip this question if you are just not going after things like Uber or Daresso.

4. Black Sun... another 15% Int is huge (with 2x legacy PS and that your Int multiplier is 1.67!!). And do you just avoid dark zones completely? You probably can't see anything in caves and dungeons. :)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 30 dic. 2015 15:20:40
@Baalorlord : Were you originally using Black Sun Crest? (your 1st post mentions +1 to socketed gems). Why did you decide to use a rare helmet instead? Your post says don't try it without 8k ES before it. But you do have more than that. Why not take full advantage of Black Sun now?
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 30 dic. 2015 17:05:53
Just a couple of questions as I'm building this in standard at the moment.

1) You don't use a Black Sun Crest in your gear tab, so with your auras do you just run what you need for the particular scenario? I'm finding it difficult to see how you squeeze enough mana out for casting, or is it just a matter of high regen and enough of a mana pool to keep casting?

2) The CWDT + CoH + Fireball + Temporal Chains doesn't seem to work. maybe the changes with trigger gems is affecting it but it'll cast fireball but not temporal chains on the CoH. Am I missing something (i.e socket prorities) or is it broken now? (using a temp chain cwdt inc aoe setup for the time being)

3) Would you still use the gems listed in the OP or would you switch out for something like Controlled Destruction?

I'm not fussed too much at map clearing speed, as I have a Lightning Strike ranger which blitzes most lowish tier maps (enough for currency farming) but this seems awesome for some of the harder ones and specifically atziri
Would the Izaro's Turmoil gem be better for this build? Could a rare be better than it?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional