[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Asag escribió:
Can Rigwald Crest be better than Perandus Signet?

No. It's barely better than a good rare ring in boosting dps. Intelligence is what drives this build, without it, the ring has limited mileage to it.
Deliver pain exquisite
Hey there,

maybe a stupid question, but why do not take EE?
I think we only do fire damage cause everything is converteed into fire right?
So would be it fine if we drop spelltotem with e.g. Arc to put -50% fire ressis on bosses like atziri?

I may be worng help me :) (and expalin if it does not work)

€: Sorry i mean EE not EB oO yes with 1 Life it would not be that good ^^
Editado por útlima vez por derbe en 26 dic. 2015 13:51:24
"
derbe escribió:
Hey there,

maybe a stupid question, but why do not take EB?
So would be it fine if we drop spelltotem with e.g. Arc to put -50% fire ressis on bosses like atziri?

EB would leave you with 1 life and a great big fat fucking ES covering your mana.

No spell totem with e.g anyfuckingthing is gonna help you out there.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart escribió:
"
derbe escribió:
Hey there,

EB would leave you with 1 life and a great big fat fucking ES covering your mana.

If you would read fully my text you would see that i was talking about EE :)
"
derbe escribió:
"
TheAnuhart escribió:
"
derbe escribió:
Hey there,

If you would read fully my text you would see that i was talking about EE :)

You wrote EB (then went back and corrected it). Not Anuhart's fault dude. You don't use EE because of QOL. If you want to drop a spell totem everywhere you go, then that's a nightmare. If you want to use it just for bosses, it's not required. The standard version can take down uber Atziri, so what's the point, other than to make your life that much harder. Cool on paper, not in practice.
Deliver pain exquisite
Spoiler
As far as I can tell, OP and most other people who have posted their cwdt setups are using a cwdt-coh-spell-double curse combo in their chest to proc a cwdt double curse.
What I don't understand is why we are bothering with coh and a spell to proc the coh. Why not simply do cwdt-curse-curse-defensive spell-defensive spell? not running coh and dmg spell would open up an additional 2 slots for other things. So why bother with coh and, say, firestorm?

EDIT:
Never mind, I figured it out right after posting this. coh+spell allows us to bypass the cwdt gem-level requirement.
Editado por útlima vez por spartanreborn en 27 dic. 2015 3:52:43
Questions:

1. I don't see

in the gear options. Why? Wouldn't it work better than Perandus Blazon?

You lose 30*1.18 = 35 INT, that's 3% inc damage and 7% inc ES, plus 20% inc flask duration. But you gain 30% inc damage, extra leech, resists and chance to ignite.

2. Why Herald of Ice? Sounds like a very small bonus for the reserved mana. We don't even deal cold damage, so the shatter explosion part of it is not used. Isn't there anything better?

Idea: Blasphemy+Temporal Chains aura instead of Herald of Ice? As in:

It would free up one of the 4-links you have.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 dic. 2015 2:37:32
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Questions:

1. I don't see

in the gear options. Why? Wouldn't it work better than Perandus Blazon?

You lose 30*1.18 = 35 INT, that's 3% inc damage and 7% inc ES, plus 20% inc flask duration. But you gain 30% inc damage, extra leech, resists and chance to ignite.

2. Why Herald of Ice? Sounds like a very small bonus for the reserved mana. We don't even deal cold damage, so the shatter explosion part of it is not used. Isn't there anything better?

Idea: Blasphemy+Temporal Chains aura instead of Herald of Ice? As in:

It would free up one of the 4-links you have.

Doryani's is what I run, but the cold variant is better since the cold damage is upscaled. Plus it gives you those resists. Though I don't run AoF, so the cold leech works for me. The 10% added freeze on flask is crazy good too.

HoI is actually pretty good not only for the damage boost (which is quite high when you max the gem and pump it up with Enhance) in and of itself, but link it with Ice Bite and Culling Strike and you turn your ice storm into an AoE maniac. But you're forgetting that all of our cold damage is upscaled with Cold to Fire and AoF (if you run that). That makes % cold far more lucrative than % fire damage.

Side note:

I've been tinkering on Talisman and have found Blasphemy + Enfeeble to one of the best combinations in 2.1. It provides a flat ~30% damage reduction from all sources. I have it linked now with CWDT but if I was going to run an additional aura, that's what I would run. TC is ok if you're having problems zoning, but since it no longer synergizes with chill, but when you get your damage up, it becomes pointless as everything explodes far too quickly and you can just kite around anything for another pass. I do run a golem for the added CC which helps too.

Another variant I've been running on Talisman is to use Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark for the mana and health regen, leaving a slot open on the staff (as you no longer need to run LL anymore). Only downside is you can't run curse immune mods. But it's working quite well. Great for mid tier maps. I've doubled down and taken all the aura nodes, so I can run Discipline, PoE, Blasphemy and HoI.

On standard, I've also been experimenting with Voidbringer's. They give an additional ~2500 ES and at worst, you are just out 30 Int (the Perandus rings turn every unique into about 40 Int standalone). Plus they boost HoI and Ice Bite if you socket them into the gloves. I've tried almost every workable combination and am convinced Perandus with Astramentis (will see if a GG greatwolf talisman can beat out the Astramentis but I have my doubts), then Black Sun, Sin Trek's, Doryani's cold variant, Voidbringer and a rare chest is BiS for this build. I'm far too poor to get my hands on an Atziri's but even with the 80 Int, I don't think it's worth the loss to ES. Even a Shav's can't compete with a GG rare Occultist's Vestment (unless you don't want to run CI and then there's a whole mess of other issues with Chaos damage). With the Voidbringer, you can free up about 5 ES nodes (don't really need Arcane Focus or Foresight). I just grabbed Infused Shield and have 10K ES, which I find more than adequate.

EDIT: Did the math on the Astramentis vs the new talismans. Nope, Astramentis is better for Int. With that said, you'd need a godly talisman. It would have to have 16% attributes, but also 60 Int (so like 50 Int and say 10 to attributes). If you got a greatwolf however, it also comes with % damage bonuses, so that would likely push it ahead in DPS. They also roll with other attributes, so you'd be getting a bit of a bonus. Still, that's going to be hella hard to find. For the average talisman, the Astra still comes out on top (not by much but it does). There there will be the issue of not having enough Dex (or strength), meaning you'd lose everything you've gained by having to take nodes on the tree.
Deliver pain exquisite
Editado por útlima vez por ultratiem en 28 dic. 2015 11:46:51
LvL 86 atm in Talisman, this is my char so far.
Spoiler

Character is "MavanasBananas" if anyone wants to check the tree or jewels.

Stats with this items and level are : 11500 Energy shield, 2700 Icestorm tooltip with faster casting, 4200 with conc. effect (no rallying cry), 1471 INT.

I'm very happy i rerolled to this build to get those challenges done =)!

Btw i decided to not use the Frost Wall - CWDT, i think its a very good defense cwdt but it can get you killed in some situations, HELLO ANTALIE NAPORA +9K DMG BURST IN MAP WITH NO CHAIN MOD.
Can you update the tree and gear for the 2.1 aura setup?

I found the cold version of Doryani better as well, it rounds up the resists really nicely.

Also, no Astramentis here, but I found this item gathering dust in my own stash:

That's far from a perfect roll, but you can get very close to Astramentis on INT with this type of amulet, and it gives you a huge boost in ES and another stat of your choice.

I just started my Scion and she is lv 78 now, but wow! She can do pretty much all maps with almost all mods. She laughs in Atziri's face. Haven't tried anything super hard yet, but this is awesome. Thank you for the build!

ETA: Found an even better one!

Spent 1ex to add ES to it and got a crappy roll of 10%, but this is already better than Astramentis, no?
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 dic. 2015 2:25:48

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional