[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
"

Chill dude, it's just a game. Also, show me the math please. All you said was that I was wrong, rudely and then told me to run the numbers. Kk. Show me those numbers because when I selected the node, my DPS didn't skyrocket. Also, I didn't know that about the chill, but the freeze is what you want. I ran both variants, pure fire and cold, and the freeze is amazing for CC. Being friendly and kind, what's that yo? People like you are the big reason I don't post on here much GLHF.

Hey man, I don't wanted to sound unfriendly and all, I was just in a hurry, and if you felt attacked by my language I am sorry. I am a kinda direct person, but I don't mean it bad, so sry if I sounded too rude to you. :S

The DPS won't Skyrocket from AoF, but AoF allows you to take Nodes like Snowforged to gain a 50% damage boost. Gems like Izaro's Turmoil for example also double dip for Elemental damage. You should check the poeWiki for damage conversion, to really understand it because I didn't understood it also, before I read that. -> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

I quote WaffleT from another thread:

"Heralds, auras, flat damage from gear is all applied to the spell first. Then all conversions and %increased spell damage modifiers are applied to every part of that damage.Its pretty generous about giving conversions and increases to everything and in the way that means that both the fire damage and cold damage boosts get applied."

In the end it's just about point efficency to get the "better" nodes on the tree and skip useless nodes like Fingers of Frost for example. (I think chill duration is kinda useless and the whole cluster averages at 2% dmg per point, while something like Snowforged would be 25% average for 3 points. Also Nodes like Frost and Firewalker gets more viable then.

As far as I know each 10 Int node you take will be ~ 9% damage and 3-3,5% ES depending on your Int, so if the average damage of lets say 4 nodes in a Cluster for example is lower than 36% Damage you shouldn't pick it. That is also the Reason Why we don't run The Heart of Ice/Fire skills usually.

Without AoF and just CtF ~62% of your dmg output is fire, and 38% is cold, so I would still say you should run Fire Penetration. Penetrations really does MUCH more damage than screendps, and thats what's important in the end.

If you are happy with the freeze and chill, just keep playing with HoI and pure cold. No offense. It's a valid way to play, but I find the freeze kinda useless, because everything dies so fast anyways, and bosses tend to be immune to that.

@wholeworldsux:

How many Int do You have? I'd say try to get more Int, thats the main thing this build needs. Tree looks mostly fine to me. 20/20 gems push the damage also. Your dps will get ~5-6k with controlled destruction and without ce and that should be more than enough. (it is for me, at least).

The 14k dps screen is assuemedly taken with all dmg jewels you can take (ce, cd, CtF, added something, no Spell echo, no Penetrations, no Hypothermia) and isn't that real for fast mapping. However, prove me wrong whoever uploaded that.

hey man u seem to know a lot about this build can u tell me please what is the new 6l with controlled destruction? For bosses and mapping, thanks in advance.
Spoiler
"
"

Chill dude, it's just a game. Also, show me the math please. All you said was that I was wrong, rudely and then told me to run the numbers. Kk. Show me those numbers because when I selected the node, my DPS didn't skyrocket. Also, I didn't know that about the chill, but the freeze is what you want. I ran both variants, pure fire and cold, and the freeze is amazing for CC. Being friendly and kind, what's that yo? People like you are the big reason I don't post on here much GLHF.

Hey man, I don't wanted to sound unfriendly and all, I was just in a hurry, and if you felt attacked by my language I am sorry. I am a kinda direct person, but I don't mean it bad, so sry if I sounded too rude to you. :S

The DPS won't Skyrocket from AoF, but AoF allows you to take Nodes like Snowforged to gain a 50% damage boost. Gems like Izaro's Turmoil for example also double dip for Elemental damage. You should check the poeWiki for damage conversion, to really understand it because I didn't understood it also, before I read that. -> http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

"Heralds, auras, flat damage from gear is all applied to the spell first. Then all conversions and %increased spell damage modifiers are applied to every part of that damage.Its pretty generous about giving conversions and increases to everything and in the way that means that both the fire damage and cold damage boosts get applied."

In the end it's just about point efficency to get the "better" nodes on the tree and skip useless nodes like Fingers of Frost for example. (I think chill duration is kinda useless and the whole cluster averages at 2% dmg per point, while something like Snowforged would be 25% average for 3 points. Also Nodes like Frost and Firewalker gets more viable then.

As far as I know each 10 Int node you take will be ~ 9% damage and 3-3,5% ES depending on your Int, so if the average damage of lets say 4 nodes in a Cluster for example is lower than 36% Damage you shouldn't pick it. That is also the Reason Why we don't run The Heart of Ice/Fire skills usually.

Without AoF and just CtF ~62% of your dmg output is fire, and 38% is cold, so I would still say you should run Fire Penetration. Penetrations really does MUCH more damage than screendps, and thats what's important in the end.

If you are happy with the freeze and chill, just keep playing with HoI and pure cold. No offense. It's a valid way to play, but I find the freeze kinda useless, because everything dies so fast anyways, and bosses tend to be immune to that.

@wholeworldsux:

How many Int do You have? I'd say try to get more Int, thats the main thing this build needs. Tree looks mostly fine to me. 20/20 gems push the damage also. Your dps will get ~5-6k with controlled destruction and without ce and that should be more than enough. (it is for me, at least).

The 14k dps screen is assuemedly taken with all dmg jewels you can take (ce, cd, CtF, added something, no Spell echo, no Penetrations, no Hypothermia) and isn't that real for fast mapping. However, prove me wrong whoever uploaded that.

Hey dude. I am trying this build on talisman sc atm and i would love to hear what you think should be updated on passives and gem choices i would really really appreciate it if its not too much work
"
rods03 escribió:

hey man u seem to know a lot about this build can u tell me please what is the new 6l with controlled destruction? For bosses and mapping, thanks in advance.

For mapping it should be:

Spell Echo or Faster Casting (whatever fits you more)
Controlled Destruction
Cold to Fire
Fire Penetration
Hypothermia
Lifeleech

For bosses you need to substitute the Faster Casting Slot for Conc Effect, but I am unsure if this is more efficient than stacking Icestorms. Also swap Hypothermia for added Cold Damage for bosses that cannot be chilled.
"
"

@wholeworldsux:

The 14k dps screen is assuemedly taken with all dmg jewels you can take (ce, cd, CtF, added something, no Spell echo, no Penetrations, no Hypothermia) and isn't that real for fast mapping.

However, prove me wrong whoever uploaded that.

1621 INT had atm,can up to 1711

"
"
rods03 escribió:

For mapping it should be:

Spell Echo or Faster Casting (whatever fits you more)
Controlled Destruction
Cold to Fire
Fire Penetration
Hypothermia
Lifeleech

For bosses you need to substitute the Faster Casting Slot for Conc Effect, but I am unsure if this is more efficient than stacking Icestorms. Also swap Hypothermia for added Cold Damage for bosses that cannot be chilled.

For atziri should i bring added cold damage? sounds like a shitty support gem...isnt better to just stay away from hypothermia and get a blue socket? or is added cold damage worth it?....Maybe i should just buy a second staff...
hi, do u think area radius and dmg nodes are worth? or should I stack int like crazy ?
nothing
Editado por útlima vez por qiandongyq en 17 dic. 2015 11:31:24
"
rods03 escribió:

For atziri should i bring added cold damage? sounds like a shitty support gem...isnt better to just stay away from hypothermia and get a blue socket? or is added cold damage worth it?....Maybe i should just buy a second staff...

I think in 2.1 for atziri it is best to lose the green socket for another blue and run controlled destruction in place of hypothermia.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
For those wondering about the 14k tooltip screenshot, there are several things to consider:

Firstly, he is not using 6 DPS support gems - that screenshot has hypothermia and life leech equipped (you can tell by the support gem letters on the spell icon). He may be benefiting from someone else's auras or something, but I don't think there is overmuch sheet DPS cheatery going on.

However, he is not using a penetration gem, reducing his damage drastically against resistant enemies.

His cast speed is quite low at .63 seconds. My build when mapping casts more than twice as quickly. The damage number on icestorm's tooltip does not account for cast speed.

He is using legacy perandus rings that are only available in standard.

His build is highly offense-oriented, and has considerably less ES than mine, does not run arctic armor for mitigation, and does not have stun immunity. He would not last 3 seconds against Uber Atziri.

This is not to say his build is bad in any way! For mapping, he would clear considerably faster than me. But there is much content that he cannot do. It all comes down to preference.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord escribió:
For those wondering about the 14k tooltip screenshot, there are several things to consider:

Firstly, he is not using 6 DPS support gems - that screenshot has hypothermia and life leech equipped (you can tell by the support gem letters on the spell icon). He may be benefiting from someone else's auras or something, but I don't think there is overmuch sheet DPS cheatery going on.

However, he is not using a penetration gem, reducing his damage drastically against resistant enemies.

His cast speed is quite low at .63 seconds. My build when mapping casts more than twice as quickly. The damage number on icestorm's tooltip does not account for cast speed.

He is using legacy perandus rings that are only available in standard.

His build is highly offense-oriented, and has considerably less ES than mine, does not run arctic armor for mitigation, and does not have stun immunity. He would not last 3 seconds against Uber Atziri.

This is not to say his build is bad in any way! For mapping, he would clear considerably faster than me. But there is much content that he cannot do. It all comes down to preference.

Please master teach us what is the new 6L for map and boss with controlled destruction now on the game as well, do we drop hypothermia/added cold?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional