[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

I just got a Whispering Ice drop and was looking over the builds with it. This sounds like a lot of fun and was buffed in 2.1, so I'm thinking of trying it.

1. Are you going to update the top post for 2.1 soon?

2. Do you think a Templar version is possible? I don't see a good way to connect the south branch of your tree, but maybe I'm missing something.
Can someone go over possible new 6L gem links for Whispering with 2.1? Controlled destruction replaces... what? I'm just plodding my way through in SC Talisman and trying to make sure I'm on the right track given the changes.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
I just got a Whispering Ice drop and was looking over the builds with it. This sounds like a lot of fun and was buffed in 2.1, so I'm thinking of trying it.

1. Are you going to update the top post for 2.1 soon?

2. Do you think a Templar version is possible? I don't see a good way to connect the south branch of your tree, but maybe I'm missing something.

1. - I'm not certain much of an update is needed, unless the optimal support gems have changed with controlled destruction (still need to do the math on that)

2. Templar is suboptimal to be sure, but can work. Try something similar to
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBA-4EBw18DkgOXBBYES0RUBGWFdcZLhpsHNwc5x0UHU8dvh8CJ-0o-ilPKjgsnCy_LR8zhzW5NsU3RzrYPQ9FR0V-RnFMs1BCUXRWY1cNV8ld8l8qX2pfsGZUaGVqHmr6a6xtGW-ed-V8u3_GgpuCx4MJg_eExYV7hq6HZYw2jHaO6Y8aj0aP-pMnm7Wdrp48ns2fy6Evoi6io6aZpwinK6cwr42vm6-ntAy1BLiTvorAZsHFwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdWm2CTZYeQi6rrr5Ovu7BjsOO_r8i_zm_nd

Brute force solution gems should make the left half of the tree manageable
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
ShiverXL escribió:
Can someone go over possible new 6L gem links for Whispering with 2.1? Controlled destruction replaces... what? I'm just plodding my way through in SC Talisman and trying to make sure I'm on the right track given the changes.

I'm using the following:

For farming (6,400 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

For bosses (11,350 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Concentrated Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Spell echo is great for spamming, but it's actually the weakest of the bunch as it forces you to plant, leaving open to counter attack. In fact, you can have some fun with the following for general clears (7,100 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Increased Area of Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Taking the area effect/damage nodes makes coverage truly insane. Since things die so fast in general clears, you may have faster clear times with the latter set up.
Deliver pain exquisite
At the very least, controlled destruction is better than Hypothermia. Given that I am often against foes that are immune to chill, I may consider a recolor to RRRBBB and running controlled destruction in place of hypothermia.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
"
ShiverXL escribió:

I'm using the following:

For farming (6,400 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

For bosses (11,350 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Concentrated Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Spell echo is great for spamming, but it's actually the weakest of the bunch as it forces you to plant, leaving open to counter attack. In fact, you can have some fun with the following for general clears (7,100 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Increased Area of Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Taking the area effect/damage nodes makes coverage truly insane. Since things die so fast in general clears, you may have faster clear times with the latter set up.

This information was very helpful! I will be modifying the tree to include area/radius nodes.

A few further questions:

1. Do you think Three Rat Talisman (+12%-16% all attributes) is by far superior to Astramentis, depending on the explicit rolls? (or maybe regardless of explicit rolls)

2. Is the increased skill effect duration on the original tree unnecessary? I see you don't take it, and those points would allow me to take many of the AOE nodes you were recommending.

3. How are you coping without unwavering stance?
Editado por útlima vez por ShiverXL en 13 dic. 2015 12:44:22
"
"
ShiverXL escribió:

I'm using the following:

For farming (6,400 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

For bosses (11,350 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Concentrated Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Increased Area of Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Pls share with us your gear,gems setup and jewel for a 2.1 patch
Editado por útlima vez por wholeworldsux en 13 dic. 2015 13:22:19
And also link for Skill Tree
Thx
"
ShiverXL escribió:
"
"
ShiverXL escribió:

I'm using the following:

For farming (6,400 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

For bosses (11,350 DPS):

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Concentrated Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

Life Leech
Controlled Destruction
Increased Area of Effect
Faster Casting
Hypothermia
Cold to Fire

This information was very helpful! I will be modifying the tree to include area/radius nodes.

A few further questions:

1. Do you think Three Rat Talisman (+12%-16% all attributes) is by far superior to Astramentis, depending on the explicit rolls? (or maybe regardless of explicit rolls)

2. Is the increased skill effect duration on the original tree unnecessary? I see you don't take it, and those points would allow me to take many of the AOE nodes you were recommending.

3. How are you coping without unwavering stance?

1. I don't think so. It's always better to combine raw numbers with percentage boosts. 10x100% is more that 1x500% ;) Easy enough to crunch the numbers but my gut says that the raw Int from Astramentis will give you a larger pool. The Perandus rings already boost by percentage as does Black Sun Crest. I'd be interested to see though.

2. You don't need it. I run 80 maps now and everything dies almost instantly. Then there's the downside of things like reflect, which hits you hard as once you cast, you can't stop. I've killed myself a few times playing lazy or tired. Atziri requires repositioning and her reflect mirror causes problems too wi prolongued ice storms as does target kills. Basically you lose a lot of focused attacks if your ice storm lasts forever. I'm at 4.5 seconds and that's plenty. I wouldn't waste nodes to extend it.

3. I don't like unwavering stance TBH. Stuns are an issues, but through positioning and careful gaming, not a deal breaker. US is just too costly to nab IMO. I'd rather mitigate the stuns and max out dps. Every build has a weakness.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Baalorlord escribió:
At the very least, controlled destruction is better than Hypothermia. Given that I am often against foes that are immune to chill, I may consider a recolor to RRRBBB and running controlled destruction in place of hypothermia.

Yup. In an ideal world, you'd carry two WIs, one for boss encounters and another for farming lol. Generally, hypothermia is great for QoL. For bosses like Atziri, totally useless. I swap it out for cold penetration (forgot to mention that above).
Deliver pain exquisite

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional