Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Guess its my turn to show off gear and exp with this build

Im lvl 94 in warband ladder atm, Im kinda a nub so I died not 1, not 2 but 4 times on my way to 94 from 93 - which was for sure my own fault, nothing wrong with the build, its very soild but the dmg plateu is there.
Only thing that is killing me is pretty much bleed if I dont watch the debuff and poison cloud, I have been watching some speedrun on my 2nd screen this week and thats why i ended up dying, ouch

This is my gear, where do you guys think i can improve? Im looking to roll better on my shield and get a stone with block, but what else?

I dont use the Fortify + Whirling Blades combo, I can see myself just going thou a lot of mobs and dying, and I manually use my cry + curse

-

i like peanutbutter

-
"
hkbutubaman escribió:
planning this build, question about chests

still " Rare chest with HP and ES " BiS?

because I have Belly and Lightning coil in Standard leaque...with right colour,

so tired to 6S and link it again...

thank you

IMO if you're in standard, Legacy LC is BiS for this build (and really almost everything atm, phys damage is very difficult to deal with).

Regarding WB vs LW/Flame Dash/LS:

The Abyssal Cry setup I'm running in my boots is really, really easily swappable to whatever you want. That 4L is meant to be mixed up based on your playstyle. If you want to run LW/FD/LS, run it there, but don't take out WB. WB is simply too strong of a movement skill. It helps you get around fights in a way I never could with any of the other skills (i.e. when I mentioned dropping aggro during Atziri Trio fight, I have never been able to do so without FA+WB, though I'm sure it's possible, it's just trivial with WB).

Fortify is absolutely too strong to not run, especially since you can basically get it for free. You can run a disjoint mobility skill (LW, LS, FD, etc.) for mapping if you must, but I've learned to live without it (love Abyssal+Vaal Cyclone too much. That pop sound is just so satisfying!).
"
Tweedk escribió:
Guess its my turn to show off gear and exp with this build

Im lvl 94 in warband ladder atm, Im kinda a nub so I died not 1, not 2 but 4 times on my way to 94 from 93 - which was for sure my own fault, nothing wrong with the build, its very soild but the dmg plateu is there.
Only thing that is killing me is pretty much bleed if I dont watch the debuff and poison cloud, I have been watching some speedrun on my 2nd screen this week and thats why i ended up dying, ouch

This is my gear, where do you guys think i can improve? Im looking to roll better on my shield and get a stone with block, but what else?

I dont use the Fortify + Whirling Blades combo, I can see myself just going thou a lot of mobs and dying, and I manually use my cry + curse

It looks like you're running pretty low ES here. You can easily get more out of your helm (300+ with good res and life should be relatively affordable). Given you have a 6L LC (damn, I'm jealous!), you should be able to afford a Lazhwar with some corrupted block roll on it.

Personally, I run a lot of chaos res for quality of life. Lets me deal with Trio in Atziri more safely, and it's just kind of convenient. Life is pretty good without it, too, though.

As far as your belt - you can probably improve a little bit by getting a high armor roll on it. I don't know if you'd really notice the difference, but it might save you in one of those hairline death situations later.

I like your HoT + Blind + Tempest Shield setup. More blind is always nice!

I think the Armor/EV boots are pretty suspect, but I'm assuming you did that for colors. Really, there isn't much more you can squeeze out of your gear besides a little more ES, life, and armor. Your gem setups look fine. It's different from my playstyle, but sensible. Once you hit the 6L Lightning Coil, it was pretty much GG for your gear. The Lazhwar with 4% block corruption is just luxury!
Thanks for the feedback skippyta :) i got 1700 shield, seems to do the trick, but Im not aware if more would help? I know 1000 is like mininum, but dunno about when its too much

If you are jelly about the 6l I probably shouldnt tell this but I had saved up 900 fusings, was planning to get 1500 and just craft, but heard its normally about 900-1k fus per 6l, so i went for it.....and got it in like 60 haha!

If you had to choose, what items if the 3 you mentioned would you change out first? Im looking at a few items on trading, but cant effort all of them :P

thanks again!
-

i like peanutbutter

-
1700 shield is honestly enough. If I understand the mechanics of MoM correctly, you'll only be using up to 30% of your real HP as effective HP from MoM. Assuming you have 5k HP, even 1500 is enough. That said, if you're using flasks, having a little over the 30% margin is nice.

Honestly the areas in which you can improve are minimal. Depending on your current block % (with tempest shield), if you're near another multiple of 5%, it might be nice to upgrade your Lazhwar to one with a block corruption. If you don't already have it, Taste of Hate is also good to have in your flask rotation for heavy phys damage.

The rest is kind of up to you and your playstyle. If you want more damage, probably throw out that iron ring for something with cast speed or fire damage rolled onto it. If you're like me and you're paranoid about chaos damage, figure out a cheap way to rebalance your armor to stack the resistances for it.

Jewels are another option - whether you want to add more projectile speed, life, or fire/spell damage to your block jewels. Occasionally, you should be able to find pretty good deals on rare jewels with additional block with shields rolled onto them (life + shield tends to be more expensive, though).

I don't have a recommendation on what to do "first" here because you're probably beyond any substantial quality of life improvements. It's up to you to figure out what you need for your playstyle. For example, I'm overcapped on res thanks to some spare res I accidentally picked up on a few jewels, which made it easier for me to stack chaos (this helps in PvP and on certain mobs in mapping, but isn't super necessary). I've also got additional projectile speed on a few jewels so I can clear maps more easily. The last minor quality of life changes are probably related to buying a Taste of Hate and a better Lazhwar.
Since you're using a Flame Totem, why not link Culling Strike rather than Faster Casting?
Just did uber deathless at lvl 90 (on standard cos i died in tempest).
http://i.imgur.com/JrnjgPw.jpg

Editado por útlima vez por PoEDan79 en 3 ago. 2015 1:16:47
"
yotrade escribió:
Or alternatively get spell block which is what the build is about, rofl. Stone of lazhwar corrupted with some garbage is 1c or 1 alch

Or alternatively you don't normally need spell block to prevent a death from a CWDT. Fair warning to those who don't immediately buy it before mapping. It might even be possible to rip to the CWDT in A3 merc.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
"
PoEDan79 escribió:
Just did uber deathless at lvl 90 (on standard cos i died in tempest).

Congrats!

I just checked out your skill tree and I love the tweaks you made. I just respeced my lvl 84 char to your tree...

Life increased from 5,000 to 5,250
ES increased from 2,000 to 2,100
DPS increased from 8,300 to 9,500... MASSIVE boost!

I can notice a huge increase in DPS.. the feeling is much stronger.

As a consequence block has dropped from 56/67 to 51/61 and my cold resistance is no longer capped but i'll fix this with my next jewel or tweak some gear.
Editado por útlima vez por brunowa en 2 ago. 2015 12:13:29
Hello, firstly thanks for sharing this build, it's a lot of fun and very solid.

I was checking the PoEDan79 skill tree and i want to ask if for 109/110 skill points its not better to do that:

All blocks node and Foresight

than the skill tree posted by the op.

We gain 22% max ES / +20es
Loose 40 dex, and 10% max life, but for 1 less skill points used.

Life we can gain when going for Sniper.
Final skill tree lvl 96.

Only issue, only 5 jewel slot. ( a 6th at lvl 98)

What do you people think ?
Editado por útlima vez por Kamalh95 en 2 ago. 2015 18:02:11

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional