Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
tacodisco escribió:
Okay i tested Oro's Sacrifice with 700eDPS -
10.3k DPS with 2.0 APS 240 eDPS sword,
10.4k DPS with 700 eDPS Oro's Sacrifice.

Conclusion - You don't want to loose all those stats and def just for 100 more dps. Also my weapon is pretty bad atm, when i get 2.16 APS 300+ ele dmg sword, Oro's Sacrifice will be like 5k less DPS compared to that.

Thanks for the quick check. I guess I thought it would be more considering that the elemental damage is huge and of one type, plus Frenzy Charges. To make it effective you'd have to use the Fire Penetration gem as well. It doesn't look like anyone's found a place for this sword yet!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
tacodisco escribió:
Tempada -

Provide me one for a test and i'll tell u what the difference in dps will be, my current it 10.3k.
Also, without shield you loose alot of Evasion/HP/Resists while with that 2hander you get slower attackspeed aka slower lifeleech and... 20% More Physical Damage Taken. Calculations so far say that Oro's Sacrifice for this build is like a shot in the head.

Conclusion - You don't want to loose all those stats and def just for 100 more dps. Also my weapon is pretty bad atm, when i get 2.16 APS 300+ ele dmg sword, Oro's Sacrifice will be like 5k less DPS compared to that.

I have noticed in a couple posts you mention that you believe upgrading your sword is going to give you 5K more dps than you already have. I just had to comment on this.

Your attack speed will increase 8% overall going from 2.0 to 2.16. This will provide you 8% more overall dps. If you have 240 EDPS on that weapon with 2.0 attack speed, then you already have 120 average elemental damage per hit. The max possible is 170 I believe so that is a 42% increase. Mathil has a close to perfect sword and only 20% of his damage is coming from the elemental damage on his sword (most of it is from auras which will not be impacted things like 11-115 lightning damage on weapon). So you will get an increase of 42% of approximately 2,000 which is about 800 dps. 800 plus 10,300 = 11,100 * 1.08 (speed increase) = 11,988.

I say you would be right around 12K with the best sword in game unless you upgrade other gear, 20/20 your gems or change your build. The math just does not add up.

"
Daarknight escribió:
"
tacodisco escribió:
Tempada -

Provide me one for a test and i'll tell u what the difference in dps will be, my current it 10.3k.
Also, without shield you loose alot of Evasion/HP/Resists while with that 2hander you get slower attackspeed aka slower lifeleech and... 20% More Physical Damage Taken. Calculations so far say that Oro's Sacrifice for this build is like a shot in the head.

I have noticed in a couple posts you mention that you believe upgrading your sword is going to give you 5K more dps than you already have. I just had to comment on this.

Your attack speed will increase 8% overall going from 2.0 to 2.16. This will provide you 8% more overall dps. If you have 240 EDPS on that weapon with 2.0 attack speed, then you already have 120 average elemental damage per hit. The max possible is 170 I believe so that is a 42% increase. Mathil has a close to perfect sword and only 20% of his damage is coming from the elemental damage on his sword (most of it is from auras which will not be impacted things like 11-115 lightning damage on weapon). So you will get an increase of 42% of approximately 2,000 which is about 800 dps. 800 plus 10,300 = 11,100 * 1.08 (speed increase) = 11,988.

I say you would be right around 12K with the best sword in game unless you upgrade other gear, 20/20 your gems or change your build. The math just does not add up.

It actually won't even increase this much. Your %attack speed modified weapon speed isn't actually your weapon speed that's used in your dps calculation. Everyone seems to think that's how it works but it isn't (I was included until I sat down and swaped weapons around and watched the changes on the character sheet and did some math).

He'll simply gain the %AS difference worth of damage (plus any base damage incorporation from the weapon, of course). The weapon's base speed (1.7 for these foils) is used, and the % attack speed on the weapon is just piled in with the rest of your character's attack speed and calculated. Go swap your weapons around and watch your character sheet if you don't believe me. Base IAS isn't magical like base damage is. :(
"
Morael escribió:
"
Daarknight escribió:
"
tacodisco escribió:
Tempada -

It actually won't even increase this much. Your %attack speed modified weapon speed isn't actually your weapon speed that's used in your dps calculation. Everyone seems to think that's how it works but it isn't (I was included until I sat down and swaped weapons around and watched the changes on the character sheet and did some math).

He'll simply gain the %AS difference worth of damage (plus any base damage incorporation from the weapon, of course). The weapon's base speed (1.7 for these foils) is used, and the % attack speed on the weapon is just piled in with the rest of your character's attack speed and calculated. Go swap your weapons around and watch your character sheet if you don't believe me. Base IAS isn't magical like base damage is. :(

I'm sorry but this is incorrect. The attack speed on the weapon is local. The listed attacks per second on the weapon the the new base speed. Attack speed from other gear, skills and haste are added together and get multiplied by the new weapon base. I have already tested but I will do it again and eat my words if need be.

Edit.

2.13 sword 6.1 aps - main hand attack speed increase = 259% (why it shows this is beyond me)
1.7 sword 4.88 aps - main hand attack speed increase = 187%

4.88 / 1.7 = 2.87 (speed multiplier)
2.87 * 2.13 = 6.11

Due to rounding there is a .01 discrepency. Contrary to the strange "main hand attack speed increase" stat that you see, the attack speed on weapon does work to increase the base speed same as local physical damage modifiers do on weapon.

Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 16 ene. 2014 20:30:31
it is astronomically difficult to scale dps over 14 000.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
228 eDPS 1.90 APS sword - 9.3k dps
240 eDPS 2.00 APS sword - 10.3k dps

Max ele possible which i am aiming for, ~330 - 340 eDPS 2.16 APS sword - well do your counting:)
I'm also going to have additional 12% attackspeed in next 2 levels
"
tacodisco escribió:
228 eDPS 1.90 APS sword - 9.3k dps
240 eDPS 2.00 APS sword - 10.3k dps

Max ele possible which i am aiming for, ~330 - 340 eDPS 2.16 APS sword - well do your counting:)
I'm also going to have additional 12% attackspeed in next 2 levels

240 edps on a 2.0 weapon is 120 elemental damage per hit * 2 attacks per second.
228 edps on a 1.9 weapon is 120 elemental damage per hit * 1.9 attacks per second.

Both weapons have the same elemental damage. It is the speed that increased your dps, not the "edps".

So, you are already at 2 aps and only have .16 more to go. Trust me, you will be no where near 15K with a perfect weapon.

Considering you took phase acrobatics, you had to use 5 skill points for that. You had to lose something. Considering you have 5.3K health, I would imagine it was not health nodes so I can only assume it was increased aura nodes or attack speed nodes. You will need to hit 100 to have 15K dps assuming you have maxed gems and close to 36% WED from all 4 slots available.

As Nephalim stated, it is extremely difficult to scale dps over 14K with this build. About 15K is absolute max.
Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 16 ene. 2014 18:37:58
Sorry, this has probably been asked but,

1. Is Acrobatics necessary for this build?

2. Why don't you use hatred?

Thanks.
"
Nephalim escribió:
it is astronomically difficult to scale dps over 14 000.

It is but keep in mind that on top of having more than sufficient dps and survivality for solo gameplay you are also buffing every character in any team offensive/deffensive wise. And its not like small buff, for most teams its rather a huge buff.

Higher dps values for spectral throw are reserved for crit builds, that require much more investment in gear and more extensive knowledge about the game in general.
IGN: Kebehsenuf
"
BrbDead escribió:
Sorry, this has probably been asked but,

1. Is Acrobatics necessary for this build?

2. Why don't you use hatred?

Thanks.

1. I would say yes.
2. hatred is a % of physical dps. This build does almost zero physical dps.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional