Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Jazriel escribió:

Stop spreading misinformation.

I've said it's needed build to shine, not to function. It's hardly a misinformation.

If you don't have howl's, 6L, or Q gems, build is OK.

If you do, build is badass.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Editado por útlima vez por Thorien_Kell en 17 ene. 2014 17:08:42
the question becomes at what point can a build still be called viable.

Potentially, you can do something like tabula + junk rares and a plain blue jeweled foil with 25+ IAS and this build will still "work". youll just be doing less damage and less survivable.

Something to keep in mind for this build is that there is no way to scale the damage past a point regardless of how godly your gear is, the offset is that gear requirement in order to be viable is incredibly low and ideal for players who may not be able to afford end game immediately.

For example:

Voltaxic crit with koams and high end gear will run well over 400 exalts at the very highest tier but the damage output on a scale of 1 to 10 is about a 9. (10,000 LA chained)

Power siphon , ES based will run well over 600 exalts and output 9.5/10 in terms of damage. (34,000 PS chained)

This build with spectral throw even with 500 exalts worth of gear will only achieve a maximum power scaling of perhaps 5/10 or 6/10 if i was being generous. (Basically 14,000-16,000 unchained Spectral throw).

this build with PS and 500 exalts: 8/10 (18,000 PS chained)

Now, assuming if youre running with under 20 exalts it looks very different:

Voltaxic crit not is not possible

PS is not even close to possible

This build with ST would still be able to achieve 3.5/10

With 160 exalts:

voltaxic crit: 5.5/10

PS: 6/10

this build: 4/10

These are rough numbers but I hope they serve to illustrate a point about cost effectiveness vs end game scaling potential. In this scenario, I was comparing only offensive abilities but this build will generally be more survivable than voltaxic crit due to having more evasion/block but less life and a bit less than PS due to VP.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Editado por útlima vez por Nephalim en 17 ene. 2014 17:22:05
I don't know WTF you guys are on about with a million gazillion exalts - but I'm doing just fine with gear worth less than 1 ex in total, and mostly selffound. 4k tooltip DMG with lmp, 4200 life, max resists - no Alpha's yet, obviously (3 dmg auras + purity of elements). But from where I'm standing, even 10k DPS sounds like pure luxury, because I can do 73-74 maps just fine, thank you (didnt find any higher ones yet).

So yeah, you have to be patient and a bit lucky with trading and searching the forums maybe. But you CAN get gear that works well for this build for 1-5c a piece. And I think that is one of the real strong points of this build; even new players like me who don't have any real currency can succeed :)
"
therealjcool escribió:
I don't know WTF you guys are on about with a million gazillion exalts

Nephalim theorizes about high end gear damage scalability and dps potential of various builds. In short he tries to answer a question, If you had thousands of exalts, would this be good build to pick.

"

- but I'm doing just fine with gear worth less than 1 ex in total, and mostly selffound. 4k tooltip DMG with lmp, 4200 life, max resists

Well those are pretty impressive stats by invested cost certainly. Could you link your gear perhaps? Most gear is not that expensive (except weapon perhaps) but I had trouble in finding WED jewelry, amulet and belt at any reasonable price.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Editado por útlima vez por Thorien_Kell en 17 ene. 2014 19:43:26
"
Nephalim escribió:
the question becomes at what point can a build still be called viable.

Potentially, you can do something like tabula + junk rares and a plain blue jeweled foil with 25+ IAS and this build will still "work". youll just be doing less damage and less survivable.

Something to keep in mind for this build is that there is no way to scale the damage past a point regardless of how godly your gear is, the offset is that gear requirement in order to be viable is incredibly low and ideal for players who may not be able to afford end game immediately.

For example:

Voltaxic crit with koams and high end gear will run well over 400 exalts at the very highest tier but the damage output on a scale of 1 to 10 is about a 9. (10,000 LA chained)

Power siphon , ES based will run well over 600 exalts and output 9.5/10 in terms of damage. (34,000 PS chained)

This build with spectral throw even with 500 exalts worth of gear will only achieve a maximum power scaling of perhaps 5/10 or 6/10 if i was being generous. (Basically 14,000-16,000 unchained Spectral throw).

this build with PS and 500 exalts: 8/10 (18,000 PS chained)

Now, assuming if youre running with under 20 exalts it looks very different:

Voltaxic crit not is not possible

PS is not even close to possible

This build with ST would still be able to achieve 3.5/10

With 160 exalts:

voltaxic crit: 5.5/10

PS: 6/10

this build: 4/10

These are rough numbers but I hope they serve to illustrate a point about cost effectiveness vs end game scaling potential. In this scenario, I was comparing only offensive abilities but this build will generally be more survivable than voltaxic crit due to having more evasion/block but less life and a bit less than PS due to VP.

Just wondering what chained and unchained mean?
chained means it uses the chain gem and unchained means not using the chain gem.
"
Nephalim escribió:
chained means it uses the chain gem and unchained means not using the chain gem.

I wouldn't know because I have not played those builds but wouldn't 15,000 spectral throw that will hit most things 2 times (30K DPS) plus 100% pierce be close in clear speed to 10K LA that chains 2 times? Heck, this build does 30K single target without needing another skill.
"
Daarknight escribió:
"
Nephalim escribió:

I wouldn't know because I have not played those builds but wouldn't 15,000 spectral throw that will hit most things 2 times (30K DPS) plus 100% pierce be close in clear speed to 10K LA that chains 2 times? Heck, this build does 30K single target without needing another skill.

The time it takes for the second spectral blade to hit is surprisingly long but yes you could think of it as 30 000 dps 100% pierce, Also, getting 15000 ST dps is incredibly difficult and I think only one or 2 guys in this thread have managed it. The issue with comparing it to LA is 1) the former does not shock 2) it does not chain (which basically cuts paper dps in half) 3) it does not have LA's innate AoE which synergies incredibly well with chain. Factoring all of this in I think you would really need to be doing 25 000 to 30 000 ST dps to be comparable to 10 000 LA chained which is beyond impossible unless you somehow manage to sneak crit into the build. Even if you did manage that you still have to deal with the inherent short range and slow projectile speed.

Similarly, even 17 000 PS chained is still inferior to 10 000 LA due to mana consumption issues and the lack of innate AoE.

In practice, 10000 chained LA will clear roughly twice if not thrice as fast as 15000 ST and I can show you this in game if you would like.

Actually you can just take as look at this map clear on -max ele reflect to see what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP7TjCt_Q4&feature=youtu.be

Editado por útlima vez por Nephalim en 17 ene. 2014 21:09:33
"
Thorien_Kell escribió:

Well those are pretty impressive stats by invested cost certainly. Could you link your gear perhaps? Most gear is not that expensive (except weapon perhaps) but I had trouble in finding WED jewelry, amulet and belt at any reasonable price.

Yeah, people are asking insane prices now for those amulets. I wanted to buy an upgrade for my selffound one yesterday, it was 25 WED, 60 ish life and 1 res, fire I think. "c/o 3 exalt" was the answer ^^ I got a 29% WED / 44 life for 1c yesterday though (no res).
My rings are both from 1 chaos sellouts, just keep scanning those and you will find something.
Belt was 2 or 3c (23% WED / 99 life / 37 cold res)

How do I link my gear?

Edit: NVM found it ^^

The RRRR shoes are for testing this CWDT stuff (also 1c), as for amulets I am still undecided as to which I wanna use.
Editado por útlima vez por therealjcool en 18 ene. 2014 6:42:33
Level 81 now and aside from Academy boss and Undying Evangelists nothing can stop me. Academy boss kills me withing 1-2 seconds while Evangelists are annoying but still manageable. How do you guys handle these?
Academy boss might be doable with Faster Projectiles instead of FA in a 6L but that doesn't help against Evangelists when they are in their stupid bubble.

Someone mentioned Cast on Damage taken with End Cry + Incr Dur + Immortal Call, but first 4R is not possible on a pure evasion gear and second with only three End Charges I dunno how effective this is.

Gear

4.2k HP
7K DPS
82/77/82 Res

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional