Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

You're still left with the problem of having no real defense at all; you've lost the ~32% mitigation reduction from lightning coil meaning you're getting hit 50% harder. Where could you pick it up? High armor, endurance charges, AA, and mind over matter aren't really reasonable...

It's really, really tough to push crit beyond 50% even with a high base crit dagger and picking up all the passive points. That makes gearing pretty expensive. While your top-end damage might be impressive, you'll have strings of non-crits and misses that will frustrate the hell out of you. I'd originally intended this char to be a crit-ST life build, but at this point I'd rather invest the 20 points I was going to spend on crit chance/multi on RT, life nodes, and +% elemental/projectile nodes.

Currently gathering my gear together for the witch. She still needs ~11 more regrets, but I picked up an almost perfectly rolled RRWB corrupted geofri's crest for 1ex:

I want to exalt this bad boy:

The base may be bad, but the current mods are all excellent and it has 2 rolls left that could be resists, block, or int. I think it's definitely worth a 2x yolo exalt.

Edit: Also, wonder if this little guy is worth a yolo:

Pretty nifty set of affixes, although they're all only mid-tier. With a prefix left it's pretty much guaranteed to roll something not completely useless.
Editado por útlima vez por jbmcarth en 22 may. 2014 17:34:50
"
jbmcarth escribió:
It's really, really tough to push crit beyond 50% even with a high base crit dagger and picking up all the passive points.

It's really easy to get 90%. Possible even without power charges.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 22 may. 2014 16:28:09
"
jbmcarth escribió:
You're still left with the problem of having no real defense at all; you've lost the ~32% mitigation reduction from lightning coil meaning you're getting hit 50% harder. Where could you pick it up? High armor, endurance charges, AA, and mind over matter aren't really reasonable...

It's really, really tough to push crit beyond 50% even with a high base crit dagger and picking up all the passive points. That makes gearing pretty expensive. While your top-end damage might be impressive, you'll have strings of non-crits and misses that will frustrate the hell out of you. I'd originally intended this char to be a crit-ST life build, but at this point I'd rather invest the 20 points I was going to spend on crit chance/multi on RT, life nodes, and +% elemental/projectile nodes.

no, it's really not that hard, but i probably won't get there.

you forget that i'll have 7 power charges up. that's +350% crit chance. i can get 200% in the tree very easily, more if i want. that's a 6.5 multiplier. on a 5% sword that's 32.5% crit chance. on a 5% base.

i'm getting 5 power charges up right now with a 5% sword and NO crit nodes in the tree simply by using crit weakness. and once the charges are up it's perpetual. the attack speed is so high that the power charges never go away.

so getting crit is not a problem. and i've done non RT builds before. accuracy can be maintained.

it's the defense that's a real problem and i admit it. but my defense right now is complete shit and i'm doing fine. it's just a bunch of work. i have to be fast on the granite and whirling blades is very, very important... things will be much better when i set up CWDT or CWS neither of which i'm using right now. cws + flame totem + blind is a major survivability boost.

i have done CI builds, one of which is an evasion based melee.

regardless i'm about to go into merciless sewers. i need 2 more levels to start using alpha's and then it's time to make up my mind. with my low life i'll never survive the chaos damage in the sewers. of course, that's what i thought in cruel. and in merciless chamber of sins. and in the western forest. lol.

"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
jbmcarth escribió:
It's really, really tough to push crit beyond 50% even with a high base crit dagger and picking up all the passive points.

It's really easy to get 90%. Possible even without power charges.

let's say you have a 9% dagger.

then you need +900% crit chance. you can get maybe 500% in the tree without spending all of your points on crit. i think jake has about 350% in the tree and he's got a _lot_ of crit nodes.

then you would get more on rings and ammy's and things.

i think 90% without power charges _is_ quite difficult.

with power charges - no problem. but it's going to be a glass cannon build. but, as usual, if everything is dead, what do you need to defend against ?
can this build do uber atziri?
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
"
jbmcarth escribió:
Wow ty for the suggestion for geofri's crest! It seems like a remarkably good alternative to a RRRB alpha's howl, saving at least 5ex for the same lvl dps auras when used with empower! I'll be left with just around half as much mana, which might prevent me from running a high lvl clarity/AA, but the main benefit of running discipline/EB was using a 5L lightning coil. Although cannot be frozen and especially -mana reserved are remarkably strong mods, the huge resists and extra ES will definitely help my build as well.

I wanted ~3ex left over to upgrade other slots before I tried gearing my witch for this build, meaning I'd need ~9-10ex if I went with alpha's howl. I can get a linked, decently rolled RRRB geofri's crest for ~1ex or less, and the resists will reduce the burden on the rest of my gear. Once I've gotten my empower to lvl 2 I'll definitely give it a go.

If I eventually manage to 6L a lightning coil, what 6th gem would you recommend after:
ST-LMP-LL-FA-WED?

The choices that make sense to me are either fire or lightning pen, added lightning or cold dmg, blind, or enhance. Lvl 3 Enhance would give: 24% IAS (ST/FA/LMP), +16% increased LL rate, +8% increased dmg (WED).

Any thoughts?

You don't have to wait for your empower to get to level 2. It will gain a level from the helm. I used that same combo before I was able to buy my alphas. RRRB crest with a corrupted level 1 empower. Poor man's alpha :)

Not an expert by any means but I think AA is useless w/o MoM. I think you'll be better of with a cloak of defiance for your planned build. As for your 6th link, I also added lightning damage. Using it as my 5th link. GL!
It seems that i can even solo piety, how come? I guess 1,3k evasion at merciless is way too little ?
Im now level 66 with 3.6k health and around 4k dps, but the low evasion is a pain. argh, and its way to hard to get evasion gear than other gears, hmm
Pop a granite and jade flask whenever you get too close to the baddies
"
Pop a granite and jade flask whenever you get too close to the baddies

oh ya forgot there jade flask in this game. lol thx!
"
"
jbmcarth escribió:
Wow ty for the suggestion for geofri's crest! It seems like a remarkably good alternative to a RRRB alpha's howl, saving at least 5ex for the same lvl dps auras when used with empower! I'll be left with just around half as much mana, which might prevent me from running a high lvl clarity/AA, but the main benefit of running discipline/EB was using a 5L lightning coil. Although cannot be frozen and especially -mana reserved are remarkably strong mods, the huge resists and extra ES will definitely help my build as well.

I wanted ~3ex left over to upgrade other slots before I tried gearing my witch for this build, meaning I'd need ~9-10ex if I went with alpha's howl. I can get a linked, decently rolled RRRB geofri's crest for ~1ex or less, and the resists will reduce the burden on the rest of my gear. Once I've gotten my empower to lvl 2 I'll definitely give it a go.

If I eventually manage to 6L a lightning coil, what 6th gem would you recommend after:
ST-LMP-LL-FA-WED?

The choices that make sense to me are either fire or lightning pen, added lightning or cold dmg, blind, or enhance. Lvl 3 Enhance would give: 24% IAS (ST/FA/LMP), +16% increased LL rate, +8% increased dmg (WED).

Any thoughts?

You don't have to wait for your empower to get to level 2. It will gain a level from the helm. I used that same combo before I was able to buy my alphas. RRRB crest with a corrupted level 1 empower. Poor man's alpha :)

Not an expert by any means but I think AA is useless w/o MoM. I think you'll be better of with a cloak of defiance for your planned build. As for your 6th link, I also added lightning damage. Using it as my 5th link. GL!

I wanted my empower to get to lvl 2 before I switch it because I'm leveling it linked to enhance. However, I guess it's not getting any benefit because it's not an active gem (doh!)

Lightning coil performs the same role as MoM. It only reduces 32% rather than the 40% of cloak of defiance MoM, and it requires running purity of lightning. However, MoM can leave you absolutely fucked if you get hit hard enough, and running wrath, anger, clarity, and discipline leaves me without an ideal amount of mana left over, especially without alpha's howl.

However... I found a cloak of defiance a few days ago and decided to try and 6S 5L it for a chance at profit. Well, it didn't work. I wasn't able to 5L it. Instead, just a little while ago:

So yeah, lol. I guess I'll give cloak of defiance a shot! If I don't like it, I can always sell it. I'll report back soon!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional