Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
plasticeyes escribió:

i like this idea, but..., giving up MoM is a serious weakness because MoM is a major contributor to the defense.

AA alone doesn't quite do it. Sure you can troll voidbears thanks to the fire damage reduction, but it's not particular effective when it comes to physical damage (Although it makes you mostly immune to machine guns in lunaris which is really nice - lot's of small hits) Those porcupines in imperial gardens ? they'll kill ya. i know, i've got an AA only character (with armor!) and anything that deals a big hit is deadly.

Running a lot of auras results in small mana pool which reduces the effectiveness of MoM.

Remember that the lightning coil configuration of this build gets a 40% reduction in phy damage. That's much more effective than AA.

Having said all that, this build is somewhat glass cannon. Sure you get a high life pool, at the expense of a ton of nodes, but it has very little defense. Enter lightning coil.

This is a very mobile build, so it may be that AA would be enough defense.

Also there's no reason to start from the witch area. Your build could be done starting from scion very nicely.

Give it a try. All you need are more respecs to fix it if it doesn't work :)

Ah crap, I didn't make myself clear. I intend to use lightning coil too! Lightning coil and the offensive strategy of this build require purity of lightning, anger, and wrath. However, there's enough unreserved mana to run discipline and clarity as well. I'd gain extra defenses from AA and could drop the blood magic, allowing me to run this on a 5L lightning coil with all the offensive supports.

I'd originally intended to run a cloak of defiance based AA/crit version of the build, but crit is really gear and passive intensive (i'd have to give up a lot of projectile damage points) and MoM wouldn't be very reliable with such low unreserved mana left.

I think I can pull off enough mana regen to make this work with a high level AA. There's quite a bit of +%ES and mana regen nodes there, and a high level discipline and a good ES shield should make a huge difference.

I'd basically be trading the OP's 40-50% chance to evade for ~20% evade and high lvl AA. The biggest benefit would be using a 5L, since a 6L lightning coil is beyond my means.

Edit: The witch start is really rich in mana regen, life/mana nodes, and the godly flask nodes that give +3% max res when I pop a resist flask. That'd be 90% to cold/fire, 94% to lightning. Atziri's promise would give another 10% chaos resist.
Editado por útlima vez por jbmcarth en 21 may. 2014 15:58:06
"
jbmcarth escribió:

Ah crap, I didn't make myself clear. I intend to use lightning coil too! Lightning coil and the offensive strategy of this build require purity of lightning, anger, and wrath. However, there's enough unreserved mana to run discipline and clarity as well. I'd gain extra defenses from AA and could drop the blood magic, allowing me to run this on a 5L lightning coil with all the offensive supports.

I'd originally intended to run a cloak of defiance based AA/crit version of the build, but crit is really gear and passive intensive (i'd have to give up a lot of projectile damage points) and MoM wouldn't be very reliable with such low unreserved mana left.

I think I can pull off enough mana regen to make this work with a high level AA. There's quite a bit of +%ES and mana regen nodes there, and a high level discipline and a good ES shield should make a huge difference.

I'd basically be trading the OP's 40-50% chance to evade for ~20% evade and high lvl AA. The biggest benefit would be using a 5L, since a 6L lightning coil is beyond my means.

Edit: The witch start is really rich in mana regen, life/mana nodes, and the godly flask nodes that give +3% max res when I pop a resist flask. That'd be 90% to cold/fire, 94% to lightning. Atziri's promise would give another 10% chaos resist.

aha. i get it. oh - i think it's a very reasonable strategy. my thoughts as to the blood magic are exactly the same, i'd rather not use it. however i've been running the math on the mana, and clarity is a little piggy aura at low mana levels. it's really bad.

BTW, i would not be surprised if you still needed EB to pull this off. You might be ok standing still with AA, but if you want to move, forget it. you _have_ to have EB.

and really, this is a very mobile build, it's one of it's key strengths, so make sure and look at that requirement very carefully. i mean if moving immediately shuts off AA, it's not going to be very useful.

this build makes 0 use of ES, so running EB should not be a problem, and putting on just a few pieces of hybrid gear should give you a very large mana pool.

i myself just cannot tolerate another path of life nodes build. so i'm taking this thing CI. the mana management is going to be a real pain, by the time i'm done i'll probably wish i had just followed the build. oh well... that's what regrets are for. BTW, one interesting reason i think this will make a nice CI build is because of alpha's howl. cannot be frozen. how conveeeeeenient.

edit: DOH! you have EB spec'ed. nevermind...
Editado por útlima vez por plasticeyes en 21 may. 2014 18:12:33
I'm not sure CI makes sense. What chest would you use? You need 3G 2R at least on chest. Do you continue to use lightning coil? That's a ton of missing ES.

IMO there's a lot more accessible health nodes than accessible %ES nodes near the aura passives. The only health nodes that annoy me in the life build are the ones on the bottom right, but the travel time isn't really all that bad. Most the others are on the path between important other nodes or give high rate of return (6% or more per point spent, +chaos res, etc.)

Edit: LOL this post made me rethink the tree I posted earlier. Screw those nodes on the bottom right. I was skipping the hp/mana % nodes!

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFm8XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoelCQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLUctgy9vMYgyiTbpPI5FfkWdRnFJUVBCUzVVS1XGVdZXK1fJV-JZ81ptZOdmnm0ZbWxte3C7cqlzU3fleQN6qnzZf8aApIIegwmG0Yw2j0aQVZMnlwaa4Ju1ogCio6cIp1ynhKw_rKq0DLQ4tUi4k8AawFTB88Sixp7PZdDQ0hnW0dkT2wvcV-GI42rlGeq66-7sOPAf89322vrS-wn79Q==

250% max life is plenty, and I can dedicate any other point to IAS or damage nodes.
Editado por útlima vez por jbmcarth en 21 may. 2014 18:54:51
Hey all, im moving along in the ranks and made it to 73 but feel that my DPS is very low. Im only at around 4.2k with all buffs.

i see other people around my level with 9k dps. is that right?

am i missing something?

"
Griever114 escribió:
Hey all, im moving along in the ranks and made it to 73 but feel that my DPS is very low. Im only at around 4.2k with all buffs.

am i missing something?

1 of the things i see is that your Anger gem should be in the Alpha Howl, your missing the +2 for damage.
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Your damage will blow up when you get wrath and anger to lvl 20, both in your alpha's howl. It'll probably cost you more to roll a RRRB alpha's howl than to sell yours and buy a new one...

You can buy corrupted lvl 20 anger/wrath for pretty cheap.
"
jbmcarth escribió:

I wish I would have known this sooner. I'm still bitter about leveling mine to 20, recipe to 20 quality then leveling them again. Such a huge waste of time when I could of bought them outright for like 15 chaos. At least I didn't need to re-level my auras.
"
jbmcarth escribió:
I think a version of this build with AA would be really neat, and it would be a great way to make this build accessible to players who want to roll a witch. You wouldn't rely on blood magic gem for your attack, so you get all your major dps supports in a 5L.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFm8XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLUctgy9vMYgyiTbpPI5FfkZxSVFKfVBCUzVVS1XGVdZW-lcrV8lX4lnzWkhabWTnZp5noG0ZbWxte3C7cqlzU3fleQN82X11f8aApIIegwmG0Yd2jDaPRpBVkyeXBpu1oSKiAKJAoqOnCKdcp4SsqrQMtUi4k7vjwBrAVMHzxKLGns9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE9sL4Yjjauq66-7sOO4O73rv8PAf8930-Pba-tL7CfzF_ro=

Auras: discipline, clarity, purity of lightning, anger, and wrath.

It's like your typical AA/EB/MoM defense, except you don't have to worry about running out of mana when taking damage.

Hi I'm level 84 atm running a slightly different build with a 5l cloak of defiance, Eb, level 17 AA, wrath anger haste purity of lightning and clarity which leaves me with about 250ish mana left. If I run clarity on life using a malachai simula, I would be able to run purity of fire which leaves me with about 90ish mana lef - Too low to be able to sustain the fast attack speed though. I have 9.9k dps with level 19 gems / 0 quality. If I manage to 6L my 2nd cloak, I would probably spec out of RT and use a 20q additional accuracy as my 6th link. Using an added lightning damage as my 5th link. Life is a little bit low atm with no life rolls on both rings and 40/50ish life rolls on my belt, gloves, and boots.
"
jbmcarth escribió:
Your damage will blow up when you get wrath and anger to lvl 20, both in your alpha's howl. It'll probably cost you more to roll a RRRB alpha's howl than to sell yours and buy a new one...

FYI, I bought an alpha for 150c on ambush and rolled a rrrb. Sold it for around 6ex equivalent then bought a near perfect rrbg alpha for about 4 3/4 ex.

Edit: there were only 3 rrrb alphas on xyz when I sold mine. I was asking for 7ex for it the other two were asking for 8 and 10ex
Editado por útlima vez por TheDioscuri en 21 may. 2014 23:36:37
"
Griever114 escribió:

am i missing something?

I find running purity of element's give's me better res instead of seperate lighting-fire gem's

currently at level 72 doing 12.4k dps res are 189% fire,166% cold,66% lighting, 22% chaos which i dont really care bout that.
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional