Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Just messing around with some ALTS, and I came up with this:

Any potential here at all, or just scouring and try again? Too bad on the lame lightning roll, but I'm thinking if it got 50 cold damage it wouldn't be the worst weapon in the world...
Editado por útlima vez por VixTrader en 21 may. 2014 8:21:46
Don't scour that lol, but don't exalt it until you get T1 AS :D
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon escribió:
Don't scour that lol, but don't exalt it until you get T1 AS :D

T1 is 26-27% He can't get it now. He would have to chaos at this point to hit T1. May as well scour and start over. Keep alting until you hit 26-27% AS plus a T1 Suffix then regal IMO.

I would not spend any currency on a T2 AS roll and a Lightning Roll that is that low.
Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 21 may. 2014 10:54:51
"
covaruk escribió:
"
kompaniet escribió:

Question 2) What to link with cwdt? Is there any point of using that even?

I'm trying out CWDT linked to Spell Totem > Blind > Incinerate and it's remarkably effective.

if you use flame totem then you can get

flame totem > blind > culling strike

or in fact put enduring cry back in and pick up some endurance charges.
"
plasticeyes escribió:
"
kompaniet escribió:

Question 1) Why are some people using projectile weakness curse? In what situation is that curse better than ele weakness? Explain.

Question 2) What to link with cwdt? Is there any point of using that even?

your build looks like it's fine except... at the start you use that 40% mana regen node. will you use mana and make use of it ? if not you wasted a node.

projectile weakness can be kind of nice because it gives you increased projectile damage + knockback.

elemental weakness subtracts monsters resists, but if the resists are overcapped it won't do much (don't know how common it is).

look at the page 1 gem links. cwdt + enduring cry + immortal call + increased duration.

it can be very useful later in the game. i personally don't think it's that useful before then. although my recent romp through the imperial gardens probably could have benefited from it :-)

I had to take the 40% mana regen passive. There isn't any other way to get started as templar. It's that or the 15% melee physical damage.

1. How do you know when to use projectile weakness and when to use ele weakness? Is there even any noticable difference?

2. Yes i saw it and tried it. But i wasn't very impressed with a 3 second immortal call. Much too short duration with only 3 endurance charges to be of any use.

Was wondering if there isn't any better setup. I ask my self what is the most dangerous for this build and will a 3 second immortal call help with that? I am not sure.

I saw some guy here with cwdt + spell totem + incinerate + blind. That any good?
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 21 may. 2014 11:25:45
"
VixTrader escribió:
Just messing around with some ALTS, and I came up with this:

Any potential here at all, or just scouring and try again? Too bad on the lame lightning roll, but I'm thinking if it got 50 cold damage it wouldn't be the worst weapon in the world...

It's sellable. Get another base foil if you want try again.
"
kompaniet escribió:
1. How do you know when to use projectile weakness and when to use ele weakness? Is there even any noticable difference?

2. Yes i saw it and tried it. But i wasn't very impressed with a 3 second immortal call. Much too short duration with only 3 endurance charges to be of any use.

Was wondering if there isn't any better setup. I ask my self what is the most dangerous for this build and will a 3 second immortal call help with that? I am not sure.

I saw some guy here with cwdt + spell totem + incinerate + blind. That any good?

Proj weakness is a better curse for highly resistant mobs such as uniques/rogues. But then again Vaal Haste does the work better in combo with Atziri's Promise.

3 sec of popped Immortal Call can save you from large pack of blue flickering spiders, leaping frogs, charging rhoas/blackguards, physical firestorm from Chaska/her enhanced version in Apex and so on.
"
borek664 escribió:

3 sec of popped Immortal Call can save you from large pack of blue flickering spiders, leaping frogs, charging rhoas/blackguards, physical firestorm from Chaska/her enhanced version in Apex and so on.

this. 3 seconds to be immune to physical damage is a long time !

also too, those stupid porcupines in the imperial gardens.

I think a version of this build with AA would be really neat, and it would be a great way to make this build accessible to players who want to roll a witch. You wouldn't rely on blood magic gem for your attack, so you get all your major dps supports in a 5L.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFm8XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLUctgy9vMYgyiTbpPI5FfkZxSVFKfVBCUzVVS1XGVdZW-lcrV8lX4lnzWkhabWTnZp5noG0ZbWxte3C7cqlzU3fleQN82X11f8aApIIegwmG0Yd2jDaPRpBVkyeXBpu1oSKiAKJAoqOnCKdcp4SsqrQMtUi4k7vjwBrAVMHzxKLGns9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE9sL4Yjjauq66-7sOO4O73rv8PAf8930-Pba-tL7CfzF_ro=

Auras: discipline, clarity, purity of lightning, anger, and wrath.

It's like your typical AA/EB/MoM defense, except you don't have to worry about running out of mana when taking damage.
"
jbmcarth escribió:
I think a version of this build with AA would be really neat, and it would be a great way to make this build accessible to players who want to roll a witch. You wouldn't rely on blood magic gem for your attack, so you get all your major dps supports in a 5L.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFm8XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLUctgy9vMYgyiTbpPI5FfkZxSVFKfVBCUzVVS1XGVdZW-lcrV8lX4lnzWkhabWTnZp5noG0ZbWxte3C7cqlzU3fleQN82X11f8aApIIegwmG0Yd2jDaPRpBVkyeXBpu1oSKiAKJAoqOnCKdcp4SsqrQMtUi4k7vjwBrAVMHzxKLGns9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE9sL4Yjjauq66-7sOO4O73rv8PAf8930-Pba-tL7CfzF_ro=

Auras: discipline, clarity, purity of lightning, anger, and wrath.

It's like your typical AA/EB/MoM defense, except you don't have to worry about running out of mana when taking damage.

i like this idea, but..., giving up MoM is a serious weakness because MoM is a major contributor to the defense.

AA alone doesn't quite do it. Sure you can troll voidbears thanks to the fire damage reduction, but it's not particular effective when it comes to physical damage (Although it makes you mostly immune to machine guns in lunaris which is really nice - lot's of small hits) Those porcupines in imperial gardens ? they'll kill ya. i know, i've got an AA only character (with armor!) and anything that deals a big hit is deadly.

Running a lot of auras results in small mana pool which reduces the effectiveness of MoM.

Remember that the lightning coil configuration of this build gets a 40% reduction in phy damage. That's much more effective than AA.

Having said all that, this build is somewhat glass cannon. Sure you get a high life pool, at the expense of a ton of nodes, but it has very little defense. Enter lightning coil.

This is a very mobile build, so it may be that AA would be enough defense.

Also there's no reason to start from the witch area. Your build could be done starting from scion very nicely.

Give it a try. All you need are more respecs to fix it if it doesn't work :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional