Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Made a templar variant of this build. I don't see why not. Let me know what you think. Not much problems except ele reflect and ele reflect maps.

Passive skills

My items
Spoiler

Lvl 72 templar
4000 life
6400 dps
Max res

That's my ele buzzsaw. Templar version. Let me know if i missed something important.

Question 1) Why are some people using projectile weakness curse? In what situation is that curse better than ele weakness? Explain.

Question 2) What to link with cwdt? Is there any point of using that even?

Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 20 may. 2014 15:28:11
I am playing this build from the start of the league and just wanted to say thank you Mathil for the original guide and all the other for a helpful thread!

Today I hit level 91 and thought, why not try to kill Atziri. Was lucky to find a set. The vids from Mathil gave me the confidence it should be doable with my gear.

Vaals were easy, Triple Boss more tedious than hard, only surpise here the cyclone guy can cause bleed, luckily i had flask for that.
I then went to Atziri room, riped there 4 times but made it in the end :) The 4 rips were entirely of the flameblast. 1 was prob desync, rest was entirely my fault, did not get the timing right, need more practice :)
Still felt good to get the achievement.

For those how are interested, had ~5.8khp and ~10k dmg (used Saffels for Atziri ~5.5k hp)

Gear

"
kompaniet escribió:

Question 1) Why are some people using projectile weakness curse? In what situation is that curse better than ele weakness? Explain.

your build looks like it's fine except... at the start you use that 40% mana regen node. will you use mana and make use of it ? if not you wasted a node.

projectile weakness can be kind of nice because it gives you increased projectile damage + knockback.

elemental weakness subtracts monsters resists, but if the resists are overcapped it won't do much (don't know how common it is).

look at the page 1 gem links. cwdt + enduring cry + immortal call + increased duration.

it can be very useful later in the game. i personally don't think it's that useful before then. although my recent romp through the imperial gardens probably could have benefited from it :-)

"
kompaniet escribió:
"
Poerger escribió:

passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMMfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHRQdqh4aJDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6Klstgy9vMok26TyORnFJUVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNabWOnZOdmnmegbWxte2-ecLtyqXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRh3aPRpBVkyeXBpu1ogCnCKdcp4SsqrQMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NIZ037W0dkT3UbhiONq5Rnquuvu7DjuDu9689322vrS-wn79fxO_MX-uv-T

Next I will fetch the life nodes.

Have some comments regarding your passive tree.

1. Why would you not take the notable 16% chaos res? Only 1 skill point away.
2. Why do you take some small 8% life passive over the notable 18% big life down in ranger area?
3. Why do you not take the 1% life regen passive in templar area. Also another 8% life there not taken.

Just some weird choices i noticed that really puzzle me. Maybe they make sense one way or another.

Sorry for the late reply, but maybe you are still interested in the answers ;)

1. I dont care that much about c-res tbh. I have about -48chaos res and do quite well. The equip would be far more expensive, if I would try to go after chaos res (even if I just try to get chaos +/- 0). I prefere to skill into life from now on.
2. Which 18% node? I only see one, and thats the next point I will invest into. The reason why I didnt skill that earlier? I did that part of the tree last and didnt care enough to respec into it
3. Im just lvl 81 ;) There are plenty of life nodes Im still missing - but Im on it. From now on I will go after them.

4. my dmg without faster attacks: ~11k
Anybody using Atziri Boots, or are rares still better?
"
VixTrader escribió:
Anybody using Atziri Boots, or are rares still better?

Both provide essential stats, i.e. life and eva. It's more of a personal choice what would you prefer to have.
Editado por útlima vez por borek664 en 21 may. 2014 5:42:41
Awesome build thanks alot.

Has anyone done this build in invasion/hardcore ? i mostly play hc leagues not because i think im better than sc/ambush i play that sometimes too, but i love the thrill of escaping death on hardcore and the challenge.
I was thinking maybe scion for the attack speed with bloodseeker claw for insta leech since vaal pact nerf but what class would have the best survivability and life ?
"
kompaniet escribió:

I'm trying out CWDT linked to Spell Totem > Blind > Incinerate and it's remarkably effective.
"
cageddoom escribió:

Has anyone done this build in invasion/hardcore ? i mostly play hc leagues not because i think im better than sc/ambush i play that sometimes too, but i love the thrill of escaping death on hardcore and the challenge.
I was thinking maybe scion for the attack speed with bloodseeker claw for insta leech since vaal pact nerf but what class would have the best survivability and life ?

Mmhmhmmm, if you want some inspiration you can check out -

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/891345

and I did the build in Nem, personally I recommend using Coil and Evasion gear with Acrobatics or armour/evasion hybrid gear - all the defences you'll need. I'm not convinced on using IR and US with a Coil but if it worked for him to get to 99 you may wish to consider it if you prefer playing pure armour.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 21 may. 2014 7:49:37
"
cageddoom escribió:

If you're going to use a claw, use a rare elemental with +15 lgoh. Combined with lgoh gem, its much more effective than Vaal Pact or bloodseeker.

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional