Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Any tips on leveling with this build? I'm really bad with mana.

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Any tips on leveling with this build? I'm really bad with mana.

From the first page

"
Mathil escribió:

It's not too important how you spec when leveling since both sides of the tree will be fairly similar. I'd say to start go out to Harrier and then move along to Charisma or be near it for when you hit lvl 24 and can get a blood magic gem. When you can do that you need Charisma to be able to run both wrath and anger which will be the bulk of your damage leveling. Then go for the circle of life just below scion tree and move your way towards Resolute Techniques and up to Catalyse and the templar life nodes. By this point you can probably grab Acrobatics and start filling out the tree as you see fit.

New to PoE eh? Welcome!

If you'd like to follow that quote, the first thing you'll need is a blood magic gem so you can start doing infinite spectral throws as early as lvl 24. The fast way to get it is to find one in the trading forum although I'm not sure if the price is ok for you... I'm seeing 1 chaos at the cheapest.

Link blood magic with spectral throw and you'll spend life instead of mana when using the skill. The mana will then be used for the two auras. The hp cost is not that bad, and you can replace your mana flasks with moar hp flasks to keep that spectral throw... throwing :D

For anger and wrath aura, which will be "the bulk of your damage while leveling", you can farm them as quest rewards on Act 1 - Normal using a marauder/templar for anger, and a witch/shadow/ranger for wrath (unless you got wrath already). Yea, need to create 1 or 2 new characters to get em the hard way

The mission for the two elemental auras is The Caged Brute, where you get to fight Brutus. It should be easy to rush if you're already used to doing Act 1.

All in all that would just cost at least 1 chaos for blood magic and maybe a day of playing extra characters.

Hope this helps

EDIT: If you're having mana issues early on, get a clarity gem until you can use blood magic gem. You can get it with a witch/shadow on The Caged Brute mission in Act 1 - Normal too.
Editado por útlima vez por ishimarushun en 19 may. 2014 22:32:54
"
plasticeyes escribió:

especially if your insane low-life build is using lioneye's paws and get that crazy -40% to move speed on low life.

BTW Jake, are you using those boots to avoid stun ?

Hey missed this post, sry.

yes I use them to avoid Stun - wearing them means I don't need to spec into Unwavering Stance in the tree. Using US is fine when you're still down in that area for Vaal Pact but once you've pulled those points, you can save a lot more to put elsewhere by pulling out of the bottom left entirely. Whirling Blades lets us move around at top speed anyways so the movement penalty doesn't hurt much.

@Xunde: If you pm me in game I can give you Blood Magic gem for free. (ambush or standard, didn't check what league you're in but I was assuming ambush)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
kompaniet escribió:

"
outspokened escribió:
Really love the build and the only time I die is when I make a mistake or lag spikes. Got to Merciless at around 50ish with cheap gears. Very affordable to gear too.

I do need feedback on gearing though. I'm quite happy with most of my stuff right now except for the two rings. What should I be looking for if I want to replace the diamond ring? The ring gives me a nice +300ish dmg when fully buffed. Tried replacing it with a +24% ele damage ring and it gives more than the ele damage ring.

(Windscream is kept right now for +ele dmg and 2x curse and aurseize is equipped cause I don't have any fancy IIR/IIQ gloves right now and I'm farming piety on merc)

Spoiler

You only have 1 item with +life. You will never survive with this little life.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm having a hard time sifting and finding cheap things that would fit the bill haha, maybe later. I prioritized my resists and ele dmg first. Maybe later I can upgrade to ones with +life pieces too once I start doing maps purely.

Life is not that bad, the only time I die is if I do something stupid(like randomly throwing out to corrupted blood rares or something and not surviving the CB stacks) or lag spikes. I run at 2.2k hp and 4.1k dps at the moment(lvl 72). I have not gotten all the life nodes yet. Hopefully I find some decent replacements for the rings first(with +life).
i don't konw if anyone else tryed this or not, but i was using Molten Strike for upclose confrentations, n thru a setup like the one on my Boot n stumbled apon 13k dps with Molten Strike
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
plasticeyes escribió:

BTW Jake, are you using those boots to avoid stun ?

Yeah, he's using a low-life build.

really sneaky.

they have that ugly movement penalty, but it doesn't matter because whirling blades is set by attack speed.

meanwhile not having to use eye of chayula means he can use that ridiculously good ammy of his.

Is anybody using Atziri boots with this build?
"
kompaniet escribió:

I am curious to see how much dps i will be able to do as i only have a 5 link and leveling my elemental buzzsaw. Currently lvl 70. 10k or less?

I think most of people here don't realise what is the strengh of this build. You pretty much ALL focus on dps...

This build is designed to be able to do pretty much all kind of map with "cheap stuff" and dps coming from aura + good IAS weapon. It's not about having 10k dps at lvl 70 or 15k dps at lvl 80.

Read his post, a basic weapon with top IAS roll + some random ele rolls are enough. Run for Alpha's Howl (5 auras) and 5L Lightning Coil and you win.

6L, Weapon Elemental Damage gear are just bonus.

I needed around 10 days with this build to hit lvl 90 (got an Alpha's and a 5L Belly that I replaced with a 5L Lightning Coil around lvl 85). My aura where not even lvl 19 when I reach lvl 90 (I hit lvl 20 auras at lvl 92). I had 9k dps at lvl 90. BUT I pretty much NEVER die.

Just stop focus on that damn dps tooltip :(
Editado por útlima vez por 3olf en 20 may. 2014 6:21:43
"
ishimarushun escribió:

If you'd like to follow that quote, the first thing you'll need is a blood magic gem so you can start doing infinite spectral throws as early as lvl 24. The fast way to get it is to find one in the trading forum although I'm not sure if the price is ok for you... I'm seeing 1 chaos at the cheapest.

Link blood magic with spectral throw and you'll spend life instead of mana when using the skill. The mana will then be used for the two auras. The hp cost is not that bad, and you can replace your mana flasks with moar hp flasks to keep that spectral throw... throwing :D

i tried blood magic and just about died. without physical damage your life leech is terrible, which makes me wonder how this build even works on BM. I suspect because at high level you have 4k life and 2% regen, that's how. At low level I don't see how it works. Given the high attack speed a 4L ST burns mana pretty quickly.

I'm running mana right now and so far so good.

mana geyser + clarity (level 10/240) + mana regen on gear (100%)

i've played the mana burn game on my incinerate build and you can make it work - and incinerate is much more mana intensive (a 5L with added chaos and lightning. I need something like 180 man/s).

i've just recently tried putting clarity on life through blood magic. It seems crazy, but looks like it's working ok. that means i should be able to get 3 auras on my mana (anger, wrath, and ?).

then again, I _am_ crazy because I'm planning on taking this build CI. I want crit damnit and you absolutely can't get any if you go life based.

I've got _terrible_ crit numbers right now (like 8.5% or something), and i'm shocking and building power charges all the time. I couldn't understand why until I realized it's the high attack speed. i want shock stacks damnit.

I think crit is really good for this build. the only problem is accuracy. JakeAlmighty will comment here in a minute and let us now how the heck he can hit things with his build with mediocre dex and very few accuracy nodes (just those dagger accuracy nodes) ;-)

and if my lame-brained scheme doesn't work I'll let you know and respec later. LOL.
and BTW

wow. those things are great. i can't get rid of them, takes too big a chunk out of my dps.

only 8 more levels to go until i can use alpha's. Btu really, RRBB on alpha's ? i'm already in tears.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional