Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
plasticeyes escribió:
and BTW

wow. those things are great. i can't get rid of them, takes too big a chunk out of my dps.

only 8 more levels to go until i can use alpha's. Btu really, RRBB on alpha's ? i'm already in tears.

They're awesome till you get actual DPS on auras.

Just RRB on alpha, last one is whatever.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
plasticeyes escribió:
"
ishimarushun escribió:

If you'd like to follow that quote, the first thing you'll need is a blood magic gem so you can start doing infinite spectral throws as early as lvl 24. The fast way to get it is to find one in the trading forum although I'm not sure if the price is ok for you... I'm seeing 1 chaos at the cheapest.

Link blood magic with spectral throw and you'll spend life instead of mana when using the skill. The mana will then be used for the two auras. The hp cost is not that bad, and you can replace your mana flasks with moar hp flasks to keep that spectral throw... throwing :D

i tried blood magic and just about died. without physical damage your life leech is terrible, which makes me wonder how this build even works on BM. I suspect because at high level you have 4k life and 2% regen, that's how. At low level I don't see how it works. Given the high attack speed a 4L ST burns mana pretty quickly.

I'm running mana right now and so far so good.

mana geyser + clarity (level 10/240) + mana regen on gear (100%)

i've played the mana burn game on my incinerate build and you can make it work - and incinerate is much more mana intensive (a 5L with added chaos and lightning. I need something like 180 man/s).

i've just recently tried putting clarity on life through blood magic. It seems crazy, but looks like it's working ok. that means i should be able to get 3 auras on my mana (anger, wrath, and ?).

then again, I _am_ crazy because I'm planning on taking this build CI. I want crit damnit and you absolutely can't get any if you go life based.

I've got _terrible_ crit numbers right now (like 8.5% or something), and i'm shocking and building power charges all the time. I couldn't understand why until I realized it's the high attack speed. i want shock stacks damnit.

I think crit is really good for this build. the only problem is accuracy. JakeAlmighty will comment here in a minute and let us now how the heck he can hit things with his build with mediocre dex and very few accuracy nodes (just those dagger accuracy nodes) ;-)

and if my lame-brained scheme doesn't work I'll let you know and respec later. LOL.

BM doesn't work for you because you are low level as you guessed.

Jake doesn't do this build but low-life spectral, he gets accuracy from rings/ammy, I suspect you are trying to do this with daggers and ES... wrong thread, check out Flubby's for more inspiration.
Testing out a variation of this build. Dual wield claws, lgoh instead of life leech. Currently my shadow is lvl 74. Also no blood magic, I went mana based.

Gear:

Still working through some issues, but it has potential I think. Capped res, dps is 8k atm. Lgoh is better than VP imo. My life globe doesn't budge, even on double ele reflect.

Main issue is low life atm (only ~2k). I need to upgrade my ammy, get life on belt, and respec my normal bandit quest for +40 life. I haven't taken many life nodes in the tree yet, as I was focused on dps mainly. All points from here out will be life though.

Might also swap out faster projectiles gem for added light or added cold. But killing mobs 3 screens away is pretty sweet, especially when you don't have to worry about reflect.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Editado por útlima vez por Wadjet en 20 may. 2014 12:39:57
"
kolp escribió:
Testing out a variation of this build. Dual wield claws, lgoh instead of life leech. Currently my shadow is lvl 74. Also no blood magic, I went mana based.

Gear:

Still working through some issues, but it has potential I think. Capped res, dps is 8k atm. Lgoh is better than VP imo. My life globe doesn't budge, even on double ele reflect.

Main issue is low life atm (only ~2k). I need to upgrade my ammy, get life on belt, and respec my normal bandit quest for +40 life. I haven't taken many life nodes in the tree yet, as I was focused on dps mainly. All points from here out will be life though.

Might also swap out faster projectiles gem for added light or added cold. But killing mobs 3 screens away is pretty sweet, especially when you don't have to worry about reflect.

Very good, with Anger and Wrath only 18 and 16 - very curious to see what it will be 20 Auras. For sure with the claw LGoH reflect won't be a problem - I'm curious, is it fine with -max?
"
Chundadragon escribió:

Jake doesn't do this build but low-life spectral, he gets accuracy from rings/ammy, I suspect you are trying to do this with daggers and ES... wrong thread, check out Flubby's for more inspiration.

actually i'm level 56 !

yeah- i've been looking at flubby's, but it's kind of hard to get ideas from a crown of eyes/shavronne's low-life build. I'm actually trying things out based on my (actually enki91's !) CI incinerate build.

i really like this build, but the thought of chasing down all the life on gear is just so annoying.

i actually find CI easier to equip, but that's a long discussion that doesn't belong here.

i have a lightning coil in standard, so if my CI build doesn't work out i'll just respec to life and pick-up the lightning coil when the league ends.

meanwhile i'm having a lot of fun.

edit: P.S. i used a really nice claw that i found for the longest time. worked great. then i threw an alch at a sword and got something better. it's not obvious to me that the weapon needs to be a sword. so far i've used a claw a dagger and now a sword. high attack speed and elemental damage and you are good to go.
Editado por útlima vez por plasticeyes en 20 may. 2014 13:30:26
"
kolp escribió:

wow. running a level 20 AA ? you can maintain that and attack ?! impressive, even with a level 20 clarity.

"
plasticeyes escribió:
"
kolp escribió:

wow. running a level 20 AA ? you can maintain that and attack ?! impressive, even with a level 20 clarity.

my AA is only lvl 13 atm. Still leveling it to see how high I can run.

Major downside it that I must use thiefs torment ring for this build. It MIGHT be possible with X2 corrupted rings with +2 mana per hit implicit, but I don't have any of those lying around to try.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Chundadragon escribió:

i'm level 56. tried it several levels ago and the life leech didn't come close to keeping up.

i'm not using a dagger. as i said, i have pathetic crit chance, but i can really see the difference.

i am going to try CI. i find that equipping CI instead of life-based to be easier, but that's a discussion that doesn't belong here.

meanwhile i really can't give up the wake of destruction quite yet ...:-) but soon! i'm about to get into merciless, then i'll need the resists a lot more than that damage bonus.

They are a _great_ pair of boots for leveling. i didn't try them until fairly late (forgot they were in the stash). sure wish i had used them sooner.
"
kolp escribió:
"
plasticeyes escribió:
"
kolp escribió:

my AA is only lvl 13 atm. Still leveling it to see how high I can run.

Major downside it that I must use thiefs torment ring for this build. It MIGHT be possible with X2 corrupted rings with +2 mana per hit implicit, but I don't have any of those lying around to try.

obviously i got the quality mixed up with the level.

wow. 15 mana per hit. i can see why that's useful :-)

i know for my incinerate build i need about 250% mana regen + all the aura effect nodes + level 18 clarity.

it's rough- but incinerate has a particularly high mana burn.

i'm finding my current 4L to not be too much trouble. my clarity is level 10 and i'm doing ok.
"
Chundadragon escribió:

It didn't work because i'm an idiot.

i was trying to make it work using life leech on gear (slitherpinch and molt'n wurm), which is derived from physical damage.

the gem, as i keep forgetting, gets leech from all damage. too bad i didn't try it.

good thing i knew i was missing something (obviously it coudn't be a cornerstone of the build if it didn't work) and continued to level up blood magic and life leech in the background.

i need to start using a life leech at the very least, that should make me a little more robust :-)

it's a real tip of the hat to this build that i can be running with no leech and 1 life flask and i have to do something pretty stupid to die (well a rejuvenation totem really helps too).

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional