Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
nel0angel0 escribió:
@Mathil (or anyone that can answer with facts/experience)

1) I know it has been stated that Static blows cluster does not worth the 3 points investment,
BUT i still insist if u take into consideration the numbers: attacking with 6 APS and having 20% chance to shock is at least 1 attack to shock each second and even if shocking duration is too low (even less than a second) there will still be 1-2 attacks that will hit the target while he is shocked.
Considering the above facts, 3 points investment gives a huge dps boost.
Please correct me if i m wrong.

2) How much is Acrobatics needed for the build to work properly in high end maps? Sure 30% chance to dodge is not to be ignored (even though its randomish) but does it worth 5 points investment for what it gives?
Please comment this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

What does it matter that 1-2 attacks hit with shocked damage? When clearing a pack, what matter is that the whole pack dies not that one mobs gets shocked and dies faster than the rest. Bosses won't get shocked by the meagre amount of damage so where it counts, it does nothing.

Theoretically you could utilise shock mechanics to, probably, some meaningful extent but that would require:
- specing into Arcing Blows apart from shock related cluster
- getting double Taming ('tri-stone' ring unique)

Now, while first is manageable after sacrificing few points here and there second requirement seems almost impossible to fulfill.
Editado por útlima vez por borek664 en 19 mar. 2014 17:09:00
I just wanted to show my progress + my weapons [I also have a 1.81 weapon in Standard if anyone needs]

I have 2K DPS running Anger/Wrath/Haste @ Level 57. I solo'd cruel dominus pretty easily :)

"
borek664 escribió:
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
nel0angel0 escribió:
@Mathil (or anyone that can answer with facts/experience)

1) I know it has been stated that Static blows cluster does not worth the 3 points investment,
BUT i still insist if u take into consideration the numbers: attacking with 6 APS and having 20% chance to shock is at least 1 attack to shock each second and even if shocking duration is too low (even less than a second) there will still be 1-2 attacks that will hit the target while he is shocked.
Considering the above facts, 3 points investment gives a huge dps boost.
Please correct me if i m wrong.

2) How much is Acrobatics needed for the build to work properly in high end maps? Sure 30% chance to dodge is not to be ignored (even though its randomish) but does it worth 5 points investment for what it gives?
Please comment this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

What does it matter that 1-2 attacks hit with shocked damage? When clearing a pack, what matter is that the whole pack dies not that one mobs gets shocked and dies faster than the rest. Bosses won't get shocked by the meagre amount of damage so where it counts, it does nothing.

Theoretically you could utilise shock mechanics to, probably, some meaningful extent but that would require:
- specing into Arcing Blows apart from shock related cluster
- getting double Taming ('tri-stone' ring unique)

Now, while first is manageable after sacrificing few points here and there second requirement seems almost impossible to fulfill.

I think the best way to persuade you it's not great is for you to spend the regrets and try it out yourself. (I did try it out myself in the past) Let me know when you've despecced out of Static Blows again :) Btw... shiny corpses doesn't mean more DPS :P
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 19 mar. 2014 17:17:49
"
Sinew2 escribió:
Leveling new ranger to try out this build right now. I've got all gear purchased (using high evasion rare armor). This build is for Invasion so I am leaning towards a more tanky build. Let me know how this skill tree looks?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBxKK74_66fXXTfu967g4j9u_wWkiXBi2DGYr7CfbaGo-btVM1bWy1SG17VUsmlSLq6NbN6gW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCVvp0QXfXfyvWivzFZ6CHdkp9wzrKSm-egwlGceGIHaq0DJMnHNx_xiepWm0kPKdcSVERlnC72RMvbw5InapirNad6ro8jlfJKPrr7riTDH0Qf8aepwiPRtDQz2VVxh0U-tIXL4bRJLCApFXWZOc26SSqGYXjahps891mnsAakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRNogDwH1nzrKpyqQBeGY7tgwgum4182Q==

Would not getting resolute techniques until level 80+ (my last area of the tree I'd be hitting)be okay? I don't really care if I kill stuff slowly. Until I can kill quickly on my own I'll be running groups 99% of the time. Whether it's group piety farming, or mapping.

If interested here's the gear I acquired on Invasion for under 7Ex. (literally for everything, gems included).
Spoiler

I know some gear is not 100% ideal, but it's what I've got at the moment. Again, I'm gearing mostly defensively. I know some pieces are missing WED etc, but it's simply because I couldn't afford, and wanted defensive stats first. Also still have no Socketed/Linked most of it yet since I didn't even level the character yet!

Any thoughts on this for a highly defensive version for invasion? All I'm looking to do is clear MAYBE level 70-72maps with ease. To be honest if I can clear 66-70maps without being insanely scared I'd be happy. I'm wondering if I save the far left side of the tree (resolute, etc) til very last if it'd be too much of a dps loss. Think I'd be okay?
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
shiremux escribió:
so, i got a 2.04 aps with about 130 combited ele dmg weapon atm, should i try to roll something faster with alts on another weapon?

Buy high ilevel foil and try and reach that sweet sweet 2.16 APS.

and high ilvl is what?
"
shiremux escribió:
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
shiremux escribió:
so, i got a 2.04 aps with about 130 combited ele dmg weapon atm, should i try to roll something faster with alts on another weapon?

Buy high ilevel foil and try and reach that sweet sweet 2.16 APS.

and high ilvl is what?

77+

"
Sinew2 escribió:
"
Sinew2 escribió:
Leveling new ranger to try out this build right now. I've got all gear purchased (using high evasion rare armor). This build is for Invasion so I am leaning towards a more tanky build. Let me know how this skill tree looks?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBxKK74_66fXXTfu967g4j9u_wWkiXBi2DGYr7CfbaGo-btVM1bWy1SG17VUsmlSLq6NbN6gW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCVvp0QXfXfyvWivzFZ6CHdkp9wzrKSm-egwlGceGIHaq0DJMnHNx_xiepWm0kPKdcSVERlnC72RMvbw5InapirNad6ro8jlfJKPrr7riTDH0Qf8aepwiPRtDQz2VVxh0U-tIXL4bRJLCApFXWZOc26SSqGYXjahps891mnsAakFWnhBo47DhX4nflMokEsxRNogDwH1nzrKpyqQBeGY7tgwgum4182Q==

Would not getting resolute techniques until level 80+ (my last area of the tree I'd be hitting)be okay? I don't really care if I kill stuff slowly. Until I can kill quickly on my own I'll be running groups 99% of the time. Whether it's group piety farming, or mapping.

If interested here's the gear I acquired on Invasion for under 7Ex. (literally for everything, gems included).
Spoiler

I know some gear is not 100% ideal, but it's what I've got at the moment. Again, I'm gearing mostly defensively. I know some pieces are missing WED etc, but it's simply because I couldn't afford, and wanted defensive stats first. Also still have no Socketed/Linked most of it yet since I didn't even level the character yet!

Any thoughts on this for a highly defensive version for invasion? All I'm looking to do is clear MAYBE level 70-72maps with ease. To be honest if I can clear 66-70maps without being insanely scared I'd be happy. I'm wondering if I save the far left side of the tree (resolute, etc) til very last if it'd be too much of a dps loss. Think I'd be okay?

I feel you buddy, we have had to sack maps time and time again because boss was undoable.

My mate ripped with 6k life and +max res in a 67 map from offscreen. Yeah, there's no helping it sometimes. Though it was fixed, difficulty of Invasion was upped massively from Nemesis.

Do not worry about the DPS at all, here's some thoughts for a safety-proofed HC build ->
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSzBbUILgx9DkgQfxGWFE0V8BZvFy8ZhRmKGY4aOBpsGo8a2xzcHRQdqiP2JDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6LYMvbzB8Mok26TpYPI4-z0ZxSVFKfVFHUzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JaSFptYqxk52aeZ6BtbG17b55wu3flfXV_K3_GgKSDCYbRhxmHdo19jb-PRpBVkyeXBpuNm7WdqqIApwinXKeEqn-quK_rtAy1SLiTu-O95sAawzrEosaeykrPZdDQ037UI9aK1p3ZE-GI42rquuvu7Djtg-4O73rv8PAf89322vlj-tL7CfzF_ro=

338% life, Ondar's and Acro with all Aura nodes, how about that? You lose RT and some ele damage at the start of shadow.. shouldn't be more than a ~20% DPS loss.

I dislike Phase Acrobatics - it has nothing to complement it and as a standalone it's weak.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 19 mar. 2014 18:12:06
Ok ,just managed to hit 90 today (Standard league) playing and enjoying this wonderfull build , so i want to say some words about it , words comin from a "noob" player (i dont consider myself skilled i like to tell the truth when i have to :))

- this build is really great , spent only about 150 hours to get to level 90 by 100% solo playing, in this time i died many times , but most of the deaths were because i made mistakes or because i went too much "balls deep" onto some bosses or maps with very , very bad combo of mods.

- did all instances (min 60% IIQ - max ~120% IIQ) including level 78 ones except two of them in which i "failed" kinda badly : level 72 Labyrinth and level 76 Academy - in this two instances the physical damage dealt by the bosses (enhanced by bad mods of the maps (vulnerabilty , 50% regen , added % elemental dmg , cold ground , etc.) was way too much for me to handle it properly with my newbie skills. I didnt want to do them as normal or magic/rare maps (with easy mods) just to consider i have done it , not my playstyle even if i consider myself a "newbie".

Every other map and bosses i managed to handle with more or less care , top 6 most dangerous bosses i could handle with this build are in my opinion :

1. Residence Dominus (Residence lv 74 map)
2. Palace Dominus (Palace lv 78 map)
3. The Weaver + his minions (Jungle Valley lv 72 map)
4. Vaal (Maze lv 74 map)
5. Lady Stormflay (Precinct lv 76 map)
6. Courtyard Trio (Courtyard lv 78 map)

Even if it may seems strange to some , bosses like Shrine/Temple Piety , Maegara , Shock and Horror, Harbinger doggie felt much easier with the resists this build brings + Saffell's Frame in offhand :)

- cost of the gear for me was like around 40-42 exalts , only pieces of gear dropped and used are an Alpha Howl , a ring and the amulet , everything else i had to buy it; keeping in mind what can you do by playing this build solo (95% if not 100% of endgame maps) i cannot say this build is expensive compared to other end game builds which cost way more to perform the same.

- didnt do maps with Blood magic mod , every other hard/bad mod i think i did like Vulnerability , Temporal Chains , No regen or 50% regen , Twin hard bosses , 100% + Elemental/Physical damage dealt by mobs, % Elemental reflect , - Max resists , Elemental Weakness , 4 more projectiles , Fracture , Enfeeble and many others, so i can say that 99,9% combo of mods are doable using this build more or less , in fact everything except Blood Magic is doable

- comin from a previous level 89 on Domination Cyclone Blender (BoR + Soul Taker) which even if also very nice and enjoyable fun and powerfull build , took me "only" ~500 hours to get to level 89 and had to farm and pay way more exalts to reach the current gear on him (only Soul Taker axe costed me like 60 exalts) , i can say that this build (The Elemental Buzzsaw) shows once again why can be considered among the best if not THE BEST build for endgame content when it comes to time invested/exalts spent on proper gear to do all the content of the game while playing solo.

Now here are my stats/gear/passive tree if someone interested

- 5976 HP
- 7353 Evasion with 40 % chance to evade
- Acrobatics
- 11609 DPS on Spectral Throw , some gems still not 20/20 , will reach probablly 12000 DPS when i'll have them 20/20
- 125/88/127 fire/cold/lightning with 84/77/84 max resists
- -20 chaos resist
- 64 life regen/sec
- auras used : Wrath/Anger/Haste/Purity of Fire/Purity of Lightning

My gear

In the end i want to say , Mathil, you really managed to create a GREAT build here , all my respect for your skills and knowledge towards the game mechanics , congratulations for your Atziri kill on Ambush , we should be all thankfull we have the chance to play such a nice , powerfull and cheap end game build !

Cheers !!
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 21 mar. 2014 5:03:00
While I understand that its best to avoid attacks with this build, but has anyone tried running grace + determination with iron reflexes, instead of haste+2x purity auras and use saffell's frame for ~30% spellblock?

With the amount of aura effectiveness u get, it wudn't be very hard to get ~30k armor, and total +7% max res from elemental adaptaion + saffells.

"
Colonp escribió:

Anyone can tell me why Lighting Coil (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil) is better than Hyrri's Ire (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri's_Ire)?

I guess it's because with Lightning Coil you can handle heavy hit better, so more survivability. If Acrobatics doesn't dodge that heavy hit, so it could cost your life.
Just wanted to share an experience I had with this build the other day. I joined a party split running piety. Every person in the party was lvl 75+ and I was only lvl 66. I was the lasto n to get to my instance, but only by 30 seconds to a minute each time. I didn't die once getting to or fighting piety. I also boosted the party (all melee, always nice for us) DPS huge so piety went down fast.

The shocker...I don't even have my alpha's yet, no quality on my gems which are all lvl 16, and under 3k life. I only have my spectral throw in a 4L so I still use mana. If I can be that effective at low(ish) levels I can only imagine what it will be like in a few more levels!

This is my first character I've been able to solo piety AND get to her quickly and I'm still 10 levels under any other build I've played so far in POE.

I have 2.5k hp, maybe 200ES (random gear), about 50% evade (hyrri's ire is only trash if you can afford better btw), 30% dodge and Ondar's Guile. I used to hide behind columns and target chilled portals, now I laugh in her face all the way to the bank.

Can't wait to get into 70+ maps (still building a map base) and see what this build is really capable of!

Thank you for the theorycrafting and explanation of your build Mathil, its the most fun I've had with this game so far.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional