Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I'm still wondering why people are completely ignoring Mathil's sweet FAQ section at the bottom of his guide. I see many questions that go like "you've probably answered before...", and "I couldn't find it in 160 pages..." which is why the section is conveniently located on the FIRST page.

/end rant
"
Colonp escribió:

Anyone can tell me why Lighting Coil (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil) is better than Hyrri's Ire (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri's_Ire)?

Hyrri's Ire is trash. I could list the reasons why, look earlier in the thread. Lightning Coil since we are Evasion based and have 0 armour is extremely good at making up for it and is a very good survivability item.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
chrisono escribió:
"
Daarknight escribió:
@Mathil - Did you double check those 3 x 10% elemental damage nodes? I was under the impression that they were different than Weapon Elemental Damage nodes and did not work to increase the damage with this build. After looking into these nodes, looks like they should increase all of our sources of dps.

just lvl'd and my dps before taking one of the 10% nodes was 6795.5 and after taking one of the nodes was 6986.6

How is that possible? Does that mean it's a global multiplier instead of just spell multiplier?
"
Colonp escribió:

Anyone can tell me why Lighting Coil (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil) is better than Hyrri's Ire (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri's_Ire)?

Lightning coil reduces the main damage that this build has problems with (Hard hitting physical damage that gets passed your evasion), whereas Hyrri's Ire adds another streaky mechanic. In theory they reduce about the same amount of damage, but Lightning Coil is more dependable, plus will still help on physical spells and traps that can't be dodged via Acrobatics. Also, you can have both Lightning Coil AND Acrobatics, you can't spec your build in such a way to have both effects using Hyrrie's Ire.
"
borek664 escribió:
"
chrisono escribió:
"
Daarknight escribió:
@Mathil - Did you double check those 3 x 10% elemental damage nodes? I was under the impression that they were different than Weapon Elemental Damage nodes and did not work to increase the damage with this build. After looking into these nodes, looks like they should increase all of our sources of dps.

just lvl'd and my dps before taking one of the 10% nodes was 6795.5 and after taking one of the nodes was 6986.6

How is that possible? Does that mean it's a global multiplier instead of just spell multiplier?

thats what it looks like
so, i got a 2.04 aps with about 130 combited ele dmg weapon atm, should i try to roll something faster with alts on another weapon?
"
shiremux escribió:
so, i got a 2.04 aps with about 130 combited ele dmg weapon atm, should i try to roll something faster with alts on another weapon?

Buy high ilevel foil and try and reach that sweet sweet 2.16 APS.
"
Warranx escribió:
I'm still wondering why people are completely ignoring Mathil's sweet FAQ section at the bottom of his guide. I see many questions that go like "you've probably answered before...", and "I couldn't find it in 160 pages..." which is why the section is conveniently located on the FIRST page.

/end rant

The faq wasn't up a week ago when I started using this build :^) oops
IGN: Dinosower
I could be on an alt or offline, in which case, PM ME
@Mathil (or anyone that can answer with facts/experience)

1) I know it has been stated that Static blows cluster does not worth the 3 points investment,
BUT i still insist if u take into consideration the numbers: attacking with 6 APS and having 20% chance to shock is at least 1 attack to shock each second and even if shocking duration is too low (even less than a second) there will still be 1-2 attacks that will hit the target while he is shocked.
Considering the above facts, 3 points investment gives a huge dps boost.
Please correct me if i m wrong.

2) How much is Acrobatics needed for the build to work properly in high end maps? Sure 30% chance to dodge is not to be ignored (even though its randomish) but does it worth 5 points investment for what it gives?
Please comment this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

"
nel0angel0 escribió:
@Mathil (or anyone that can answer with facts/experience)

1) I know it has been stated that Static blows cluster does not worth the 3 points investment,
BUT i still insist if u take into consideration the numbers: attacking with 6 APS and having 20% chance to shock is at least 1 attack to shock each second and even if shocking duration is too low (even less than a second) there will still be 1-2 attacks that will hit the target while he is shocked.
Considering the above facts, 3 points investment gives a huge dps boost.
Please correct me if i m wrong.

2) How much is Acrobatics needed for the build to work properly in high end maps? Sure 30% chance to dodge is not to be ignored (even though its randomish) but does it worth 5 points investment for what it gives?
Please comment this.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

What does it matter that 1-2 attacks hit with shocked damage? When clearing a pack, what matter is that the whole pack dies not that one mobs gets shocked and dies faster than the rest. Bosses won't get shocked by the meagre amount of damage so where it counts, it does nothing.

Acrobatics ain't needed for the build to work properly as Mathil skilfully showed but I would advocate it as being worth the 5 points expenditure for sure. It's not as streaky as it sounds, with Evasion, shield block and Acrobatics, what you'll end up finding is that you don't take about 70% of all damage at all.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional