Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Jurnlok escribió:
I am still relatively new and am sorry if this has been answered already, its hard to shift through 160 pages. I am mid 40's and just at act 1 of Cruel. I have lesser projectiles and spectral throw but have blood magic sitting in my bank as I haven't found any quality 3L pieces with 2 green/1 red. During leveling is it worth while to use grey or blue quality gear with terrible stats simply to shove a 4L-6L worth of gems in to get a full setup? Right now I have to run clarity to push out any kind of consistent attacks.

If it is worthwhile to use subpar armor to max out gem linkages, is it worth it to buy the gems I am short? I am on ambush league and have noticed a few people selling various gems I need for lower then others over trade and I do have a bit of a extra currency(I level slowly and kinda horde stuff...the new portal gem probably gets far more use then it should by me) I know I will likely get more gems as quest rewards as I level but I have had an increasingly harder time killing since I am still only running wrath aura as I don't have a decrease mana gem yet.

Quality has nothing to do with anything at your level, +100 evasion/armour will do absolutely nothing. Get a 4L gloves/boots/helm pronto... RRGG, so easy to find.

Get the gems you need to level them, "use subpar armor to max out gem linkages" smells of noob, what's wrong with alching linked items?

At your level, you should level with 2H ST... Once you can get Blood Magic and 2 auras at level 40-ish that's when you should transition.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 19 mar. 2014 13:38:54
"
Chundadragon escribió:

"
hunTShoo escribió:
Lets talk about arctic armor

When you actually do this build properly.. you will end up reserving around 99% of your mana. Even with CwDT, AA will instantly deactivate and be essentially worthless.

i got 32mana left over, which is enough for like 15s of AA can just say that it works for me so far. however im still gearing up and just past lvl70 thou...
@Mathil

someone a couple pages pointed out before removing the life cluster above Mind Drinker (1 int and 3 8% life nodes for 4 passives) and using them on the life+mana nodes when climbing the tree nets the exact same life but also 32% more mana.

more mana doesn't seem huge but it's bigger than +10 int :)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
hunTShoo escribió:
"
Chundadragon escribió:

"
hunTShoo escribió:
Lets talk about arctic armor

When you actually do this build properly.. you will end up reserving around 99% of your mana. Even with CwDT, AA will instantly deactivate and be essentially worthless.

i got 32mana left over, which is enough for like 15s of AA can just say that it works for me so far. however im still gearing up and just past lvl70 thou...

Which is why I say "when you do the build properly".. 5 Auras really make it impossible to run AA.
"
Madcow1120 escribió:
@Mathil

someone a couple pages pointed out before removing the life cluster above Mind Drinker (1 int and 3 8% life nodes for 4 passives) and using them on the life+mana nodes when climbing the tree nets the exact same life but also 32% more mana.

more mana doesn't seem huge but it's bigger than +10 int :)

It's actually equally as useless. Can you explain why you want more mana when you reserve ~99% of it?
"
Chundadragon escribió:

Quality has nothing to do with anything at your level, +100 evasion/armour will do absolutely nothing. Get a 4L gloves/boots/helm pronto... RRGG, so easy to find.

Get the gems you need to level them, "use subpar armor to max out gem linkages" smells of noob, what's wrong with alching linked items?

At your level, you should level with 2H ST... Once you can get Blood Magic and 2 auras at level 40-ish that's when you should transition.

I am a noob. 48 is my highest character which is a minion witch, pretty much easy mode stomping through the game, I don't have to worry about face tanking a superior speed rare that hits like a truck like I do with this one. I have opted mostly for armor/evasion gear with elemental damage and health/IIR mods on this char. How often do you alchy gear when leveling? 5 levels, 10?. I've had bad luck alchying gear only to find a piece of gear better and with the proper linkages in the next area, and that's happened three times now so I have found it increasingly difficult to do that again. So how much do I spend to get a piece gear more tailored to me while I'm leveling? Get grey, alchy to blue, deal with whatever stats it gives me?
"
Jurnlok escribió:
"
Chundadragon escribió:

I am a noob. 48 is my highest character which is a minion witch, pretty much easy mode stomping through the game, I don't have to worry about face tanking a superior speed rare that hits like a truck like I do with this one. I have opted mostly for armor/evasion gear with elemental damage and health/IIR mods on this char. How often do you alchy gear when leveling? 5 levels, 10?. I've had bad luck alchying gear only to find a piece of gear better and with the proper linkages in the next area, and that's happened three times now so I have found it increasingly difficult to do that again. So how much do I spend to get a piece gear more tailored to me while I'm leveling? Get grey, alchy to blue, deal with whatever stats it gives me?

At your level, anything goes... Just do the rare rustic recipe on a 2hander (google it if you don't know what that is) until you can run two auras. Make sure you get life and res, don't buy anything major until you hit 50+

Biggest thing at your level is getting a 4L RRGG. 5L won't come till later and 6L you almost definitely won't hit anytime soon.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 19 mar. 2014 14:55:12
Hey Mathil,

First off, congrats on being the first kill on Ambush, it really is a testament to how strong your build is! I had a question about adapting the build a bit for a ranger start that grabs ondar's, acro, and phase acro as well as a good amount of block and was wondering if you thought that this build would be strong enough for invasion without sacrificing too much DPS.

With the lower amount of passive aura nodes, I would just be running Wrath, Anger, and Grace in my Alphas, and no other auras. Thanks again and congrats!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7rvjG6094sSit9PXyxrb-WPuDhXwI_ZW-jpY7_D8xd1GdEEEflpIZ6Bjp_xOd9eHGYd2fytKfTB81opRR6q4jb-qfwW1jX3N6rTF1CPo1sLs3agi6t72HoHGopu12j3ndEuNMHHDOhmKJ2Fh4jY9_xxLeMpK-wkG6YhrOkJvnvbaCSHjhIMJGo8OSEZxEZadqqIu4Yhwu3_GYqxQQh2q2RMnqdadjDYvb1ptVUvlGSQ8JpVte7Q4p1y1SPv1SVE=

Anyone can tell me why Lighting Coil (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Coil) is better than Hyrri's Ire (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hyrri's_Ire)?
Editado por útlima vez por Colonp en 19 mar. 2014 15:01:34
I'm sure you've answered this before, but have you tried life gain on hit?
I'm very skeptical about using life leech with the new nerf to it, especially with spectral throw. I haven't tried it yet, but life gain on hit with something like 7 attacks per second, with LMP, would give 21 bursts of 40 or so life all at once. That's around 800 life in a second. Wouldn't you prefer that?
Also, have you tried adding life regen to the build? I use vitality over any purity auras. I find it necessary with the cost of a 5 link blood magic ability. At 3830 HP, with heart of oak at the ranger tree, the 1% life regen node in the templar tree, and vitality, which right now grants me 1.45% regen, I have 189 life regen per second, and it REALLY helps with the cost of spect throw. Have you tried life regen?

EDIT: Assuming I got a lightning coil, which I plan to get, my fifth aura would definitely be purity of lightning, but I think I would prefer vitality over purity of fire, still.
IGN: Dinosower
I could be on an alt or offline, in which case, PM ME
Editado por útlima vez por DanielJames en 19 mar. 2014 15:25:32

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional