Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Is Alpha's Howl required to run 5 auras? I have taken all the reduced mana passives and have both my reduced mana gems at lvl 16 and I am using 99% of my mana with only 4 auras.
"
Is Alpha's Howl required to run 5 auras? I have taken all the reduced mana passives and have both my reduced mana gems at lvl 16 and I am using 99% of my mana with only 4 auras.

http://alt0172.byethost3.com/

Just put the right numbers and you'll see yourself.

Reservation reduction from Alpha's is global in case you didn't know.
Editado por útlima vez por borek664 en 15 mar. 2014 20:15:56
"
borek664 escribió:
"

Is that a yes? I'm not going to run the numbers.
"
"
borek664 escribió:
"

Is that a yes? I'm not going to run the numbers.

Don't worry, I just ran them.
I just wanted to remind you all about a mechanic regarding spectral throw that you are forgetting about.

Well, this build definitely has a lot potentials and can be done in different variations like focusing on block, with ondar's guile and all that. However, I'm amazed no one in the whole 145 page thread mentioned the most basic and important mechanic regarding spectral throw. We all know that enemies can only be hit every .3 second by spectral throw (look at poe wiki). It means if your attack speed is far more than 3.3, your tool-tip dps doesn't properly reflect the actual damage you are dealing to a monster. sure, you will have more maneuverability and and kite monster better, but you are not doing any more damage by increasing you attack speed further than that point.

I hope my post doesn't get buried because I wanna know if I'm also missing a point and what's the better build considering this limit.

tl;dr tooltip doesn't show the actual damage dealt to a monster if u have attack speed greater than 3.3. , but the build still has its potential.
Editado por útlima vez por Mephisto_n en 15 mar. 2014 23:17:36
I don't know how that could possibly be true. As your attack speed increases you can definitely see more damage going out, even past that .33 point.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
mephisto_n escribió:
I just wanted to remind you all about a mechanic regarding spectral throw that you are forgetting about.

Well, this build definitely has a lot potentials and can be done in different variations like focusing on block, with ondar's guile and all that. However, I'm amazed no one in the whole 145 page thread mentioned the most basic and important mechanic regarding spectral throw. We all know that enemies can only be hit every .3 second by spectral throw (look at poe wiki). It means if your attack speed is far more than 3.3, your tool-tip dps doesn't properly reflect the actual damage you are dealing to a monster. sure, you will have more maneuverability and and kite monster better, but you are not doing any more damage by increasing you attack speed further than that point.

I hope my post doesn't get buried because I wanna know if I'm also missing a point and what's the better build considering this limit.

tl;dr tooltip doesn't show the actual damage dealt to a monster if u have attack speed greater than 3.3. , but the build still has its potential.

"an enemy can be hit once (per attack) every 0.3 seconds."

The same Salvo can only hit once per .3 seconds. If you are casting 6 per second, all 6 will hit. When at max distance, each missle can not just sit there and hit multiple times due to the .3 second cooldown on each missle or better, group of missles. This also prevents the shotgunning effect.
Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 15 mar. 2014 23:25:06
Seems like you may be right, according to the next line in wiki. ok it's per attack , thanks .
Editado por útlima vez por Mephisto_n en 15 mar. 2014 23:33:08
so if thats right, if the tooltip says attack time 0.32 seconds there is no point going higher and you would be better off using something like
?
This build has one serious flaw. The lack of armor makes it incredibly vulnerable to leap slam and puncture. Leap spam does AOE so you can't dodge it. And it's physical so you can't mitigate it with resists. Puncture is also physical and can kill this character before you even realize you're bleeding and have a chance to use a Staunching potion.

Am I doing something wrong? I couldn't kill either the Blacksmith boss on Dunes nor one of the rare mobs that had puncture.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional