ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
chanzwg escribió:
Hey, just a quick question, at what point does getting anymore Projectile Speed become pointless?

Right now, I have 21% increased projectile speed from my wand, and another 58% from support gems, which brings it to 79%.

I'm wondering if i can drop projectile speed from my wand altogether, and focus on other stats like spell damage and cast speed/mana regen.

when your ek hits off screen, you don't want that cause you might crit off screen reflect monsters.

"
PanicAK escribió:
djnecro, put your next point in MoM. Switch out to a mana flask if you need to, there is no reason you shouldn't have it.

That's my goal for my next point. Got a few levels and better boots with ar/ev and mana. I'm now sitting at 230 or so mana regen and ~750 unreserved with all 3 auras running. I tested a couple maps with discipline on and never even approached a low mana state.

Without a doubt, my next point will be put into MoM. When the guide took the node, my regen and unreserved were way too low, even with flasks.
Hello Everyone, and a particular hello to ZiggyD - thanks for all of the great work supporting PoE and your effort in building a community here.

Ok so my questions pertain to Arctic Armour and the relationship with the Mind over Matter (30% damage from mana) passive.

If we sustain a big hit, or series of hits, and our mana falls to zero, then AA will break off. Which means our Cast on Damage triggered, our Mind over Matter consumed our mana, and our arctic armour will fall off (turn off).

This damage already passed through our armour, correct? so mitigation is, in this order:

Armor / Resists
Arctic Armour (fire/physical mitigation)
Cast on Damage Taken (Molten Shield etc)
Mind over Matter (mana, for 30% of the damage)
Health
Dead.

Is that the right order?

How often does Arctic Armour fall off? Looks to me that it might happen a lot. Is that in fact what happens? you need to reapply AA often?

Thanks everyone. I'm new to these skills and passives.
Also, what are people's experience with reflect using this build?

Is it possible to 1-shot yourself?
"
Dakilula escribió:
Also, what are people's experience with reflect using this build?

Is it possible to 1-shot yourself?

depends if you use wands or daggers, i have no problems unless i switch to daggers with high crit chance.
"
Dakilula escribió:
Hello Everyone, and a particular hello to ZiggyD - thanks for all of the great work supporting PoE and your effort in building a community here.

Ok so my questions pertain to Arctic Armour and the relationship with the Mind over Matter (30% damage from mana) passive.

If we sustain a big hit, or series of hits, and our mana falls to zero, then AA will break off. Which means our Cast on Damage triggered, our Mind over Matter consumed our mana, and our arctic armour will fall off (turn off).

This damage already passed through our armour, correct? so mitigation is, in this order:

Armor / Resists
Arctic Armour (fire/physical mitigation)
Cast on Damage Taken (Molten Shield etc)
Mind over Matter (mana, for 30% of the damage)
Health
Dead.

Is that the right order?

How often does Arctic Armour fall off? Looks to me that it might happen a lot. Is that in fact what happens? you need to reapply AA often?

Thanks everyone. I'm new to these skills and passives.

how much mana do you have left when you run everthing? you want to keep it above like 700
"
Dakilula escribió:

Hey Dakilula,

I've reached lvl 83 with the build so far, and not being very solid as far as game mechanics/theory crafting goes, I can only tell you what I've experienced with the build so far while playing.

I've only ever lost AA because of moving after taking big hits on 50% regen maps, because of the negative regen while moving. My current regen is slightly below or slightly above 300 mana depending on what gear i equip. As i said, I dont know when what is applied, but I can't recall AA falling off due to multiple big hits in a row, when i had my normal regen - its like i cant really hit 0 with 300 regen nomatter the amount blasts i take. Some might have other experiences?

For the rest of you - I'm looking to upgrade my gear, and I'd like your take on the "most value for money"-spot.

My current gear:

Spoiler

The Foe Finger ring + the helmet is currently used primarily for IIR. The ring is a "free spot" where I can put anything, since I can maintain stats without it, and as far as the helm go, I have one that is slightly better on the armor/es/HP front.
I have an offhand with better defensive stats aswell, but with only 15% spelldmg.

Personally I'm thinking that the wand might be the piece to switch out. Most bang for the buck would probably be geting a 6-link, but thats beyond my budget, and I'm quite happy with my 5-L. Basically I'm not sure - any constructive input are welcome!

All the best:)
Editado por útlima vez por Wackofalltrades en 10 dic. 2013 6:00:04
Now that a lot of people posted their gear I'm wondering how come a lot of you don't have projectile speed on your wand? Is it not needed? In the OP it says it is. Otherwise I could get like some crazy 90+ spell dmg and 15+ cast speed wands which would boost my dps even further.
"
buks escribió:
Now that a lot of people posted their gear I'm wondering how come a lot of you don't have projectile speed on your wand? Is it not needed? In the OP it says it is. Otherwise I could get like some crazy 90+ spell dmg and 15+ cast speed wands which would boost my dps even further.

I basically never found a wand with projectile speed and didnt use Karui ward since i found my current necklace before i made the transition from ST to EK, so I've been working around it, hence i dont really have experience with the pro's and cons. You can lvl to 83 without any extra projectile speed than the one gained from your faster projectile gem - thats what i can tell you from my personal experience:)
Editado por útlima vez por Wackofalltrades en 10 dic. 2013 9:05:10
Hello guys, I stumpled across this thread today, and noticed my build wasen't far off im currently lvl 53 and running the build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcNAhGWFSAZihqPHNwdqiHDKaUqTSzpLagxnjWSOuE_J0GHRnFKyEtJTeNOKlYtV-FaUluvbqpvnnC7f8aCHoMJiPGQ1pMnm12btaKjpleomqx_sZC0DLXytz631sAZwfPDOspK2wvbWd0N4YjnY_JF8pf22vll-ej7Cf4K_o8=

would you recon I should respec the Charisma and Mana Geyser away and get the mana nodes on left side together with MoM ?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional