ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
scorburel escribió:
what can we do to mitigate / block / not die to bosses like the one in Villa ?

I`m lv 80, 3k hp, 75% all rez, lv 18 AA, Ruby flask and still I die in 2 seconds to that bastard. I was unable to kill him.
Fire traps are just.... ffs.

3k hp. ok
Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the great guide, I'm following it step by step. I've just reached MoM, and I have a great problem.

You wrote:
"
Head down and get Iron Reflexes and Mind Over Matter. When you get MoM respec the projectile nodes into the mana ones and then get the life near MoM and Purity of Flesh up in the top left of the tree.

I've tried but I can't respec the four projectile nodes. :( It's seems you can't respec that branch, you must respec all the nodes before or after and that's a lot of nodes...

Am I doing something wrong?

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before, haven't read the whole thread)
"
Credenza escribió:

I've tried but I can't respec the four projectile nodes. :( It's seems you can't respec that branch, you must respec all the nodes before or after and that's a lot of nodes...

Am I doing something wrong?

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before, haven't read the whole thread)

Can't believe this causes problems for people. You just need to respec out of 4 RANDOM nodes to get the mana regen and 3 mana nodes and then you can respec out of the projectile nodes and put them back where you had those 4 before. Your alloced nodes need to be CONNECTED TO THE STARTING POINT OF SCION one way or another (this is why you can't respec out of projectile nodes unless you have another connection point), can't have them just randomly in your tree.
"
buks escribió:
Can't believe this causes problems for people. You just need to respec out of 4 RANDOM nodes to get the mana regen and 3 mana nodes and then you can respec out of the projectile nodes and put them back where you had those 4 before. Your alloced nodes need to be CONNECTED TO THE STARTING POINT OF SCION one way or another (this is why you can't respec out of projectile nodes unless you have another connection point), can't have them just randomly in your tree.

Ah, I see. :) Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the quick help! :)
"
z03fke escribió:
"
misterblort escribió:
"
z03fke escribió:
Maybe a stupid or noobish question but why can't i respec the project nods in passive tree?

probably because there is no link left to your starting position if you'd do that.

hmm strange, cause am following Ziggy D his guide en he says "Head down and get Iron Reflexes and Mind Over Matter. When you get MoM respec the projectile nodes into the mana ones and then get the life near MoM and Purity of Flesh up in the top left of the tree."

Make sure you get the mana nodes first or you cannot respec out of the projectile damage nodes ;)
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
I've been following this thread and this is what I came up with

Current spec @ 88
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4F-QhnEZYV8BcvGDwY2xmFGYoajxrbHNwdFB2qHpQj9iSqKPoppS2DLagxnjWSNuk6WDrhQYdDY0WdRnFKfU3jTipVxlXWVi1W-lj1Wkhbr2TnZp5noG-ecLtxTXTxeqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKHGYd2iEKI8Y9GkyeTOpcGms-a4Ju1ncSmV6cIrD-sWax_sZC0DLcxtz631riTu-O9J8HFwzrEospKz2XQ0NsL21ncV90N4Yjjaudj6-7uDu_w9tr5Y_no-tL7CfzF_gr-j_66

Able to run Hatred, Discipline, Grace, Clarity, Tempest shield, and Maintain a level 18 AA (can maintain 20 with mana leach) all the time.

My gear

5.1k life, 3.6k mana, 9k armor, 80 all resist with ~800 mana left over for MoM
EK damage is ~7.2k atm but will be closer to 8k as gems level up before Ming's heart

I'm experimenting with Tempest shield + blind + The Anvil with Saffells for insane spell block since elemental damage is what kills people most of the time. AA deals with most physical damage, and 9k armor is enough to take big hits. I think a Rathpith in the long run would be the way to go for dual block chance with some more mana and damage. Super tanky none the less, I can pretty much faceroll all content.

IGN - shivTheLegend
Editado por útlima vez por shivix en 10 dic. 2013 0:25:24
I doubt that many will be able to purchase a good 6L chest, aplha's howl, saffell's frame etc. If one does have the wealth to do that, then he would be able to "faceroll" the content with Many other builds.
I chose this one because it offers decent survability and dps output for a low cost.
"
phosTR escribió:
My char lvl 39 just died. Should i still stick with this build in standard?

I managed to level till 47 with this build. I have to say it is working quite well so far, but you need to be careful at certain boss fights (I almost died at Normal Dominus, but everything else was soloable).

Currently leveling at Cruel Fellshrine Ruins, so far so good!
I've been following this guide for the most part, just hit level 82, have yet to run into anything that is really that scary, starting to do 70-71 maps so that may change.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEswhnEZYUTRUgFm8W8xcvGDwY2xo4HNwdFB2qHpQhwyY8KPoppSpNLOktqC9vL50xnjWSNuk62DrhPydBh0WdRnFKfUrITdhOKlXGVdZX4VuvZOdmnmegbqpwu3Txeqp_xoCkgW-CHoLHgwmFMod2iPGMdo9GkFWQ1pMnkzqa4J48ogCio6ZXpwinhKw_rFmxkLQMtfK3PrfWuJO9J8AawfPPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu7DjyRfll-ej60vzF_go=

Spoiler

My gear is pretty decent for the most part, looking to upgrade my wand and neck soon here to run level 19 arctic armour.

5.2k life, 3.6k mana 6.1k EK dps with level 18, and only 2k armour.

Overall it is a pretty fun build, a bit hard to get going but I managed to do this build with just 10 chaos before I made the character. Thanks Ziggy!
"
shivix escribió:
I've been following this thread and this is what I came up with

Current spec @ 88
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABH4F-QhnEZYV8BcvGDwY2xmFGYoajxrbHNwdFB2qHpQj9iSqKPoppS2DLagxnjWSNuk6WDrhQYdDY0WdRnFKfU3jTipVxlXWVi1W-lj1Wkhbr2TnZp5noG-ecLtxTXTxeqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKHGYd2iEKI8Y9GkyeTOpcGms-a4Ju1ncSmV6cIrD-sWax_sZC0DLcxtz631riTu-O9J8HFwzrEospKz2XQ0NsL21ncV90N4Yjjaudj6-7uDu_w9tr5Y_no-tL7CfzF_gr-j_66

Able to run Hatred, Discipline, Grace, Clarity, Tempest shield, and Maintain a level 18 AA (can maintain 20 with mana leach) all the time.

My gear

5.1k life, 3.6k mana, 9k armor, 80 all resist with ~800 mana left over for MoM
EK damage is ~7.2k atm but will be closer to 8k as gems level up before Ming's heart

I'm experimenting with Tempest shield + blind + The Anvil with Saffells for insane spell block since elemental damage is what kills people most of the time. AA deals with most physical damage, and 9k armor is enough to take big hits. I think a Rathpith in the long run would be the way to go for dual block chance with some more mana and damage. Super tanky none the less, I can pretty much faceroll all content.

Looks insane man! Well done. You've taken the build's core, modified slightly and pushed it to the limit.

I see you've had to trade off on some mana regen and (as a result) arctic armor levels. I'm sure the added auras and icnreased max resists are more than worth it though!

Really cool stuff. It's exciting to see people really push the build I've come up with beyond what I've actually done.

Will feature your setup in the OP!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Editado por útlima vez por ZiggyD en 9 dic. 2013 7:00:07

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional