ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
ZiggyD escribió:
Make sure you get the mana nodes first or you cannot respec out of the projectile damage nodes ;)

Yep, everything ok. :) Thanks, I know that hard to write a guide to 'noobish' people like me for a hardcore pro like you. :)

Anyway, I respecced the tree, and tried it in the Fellshrine crypt -- the first enemy I've met was a dual strike exile. :D I just tanked him with about 550 mana, lvl 6 AA, in a 3L magic armor. :) Well, this is my 2nd Nemesis char, and I have limited currencies and some basic loot, but this build absolutely viable in rags too. :)

I've switched to EK before Dominius, and that fight was a breeze. :) Goddess Fortune smile on me now and then; before Merveil I was lack in fire and cold res, so I take my chance, bought a 24% rustic sash from Nessa, and use an alch on that. This was the result:

So, I think I'll try to fight in my rags with my eyes open for a usable 4L or 5L armor and some better gear. :)

Thanks again for this build and for the survival videoguides too! :)
How about a witch variant of this build? How would it look like?
Editado por útlima vez por JoopO en 9 dic. 2013 15:21:12
think the mana geyser node too the right of harrier is to good to pass up on this build
IGN - Nrjee 84 Shadow / Nrgee 80 Witch / Nargee 88 Scion (Domination)
Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/695424
"
enrge escribió:
think the mana geyser node too the right of harrier is to good to pass up on this build

It might be worth grabbing early, but later on, you will not need it. But that's an easy respec too.

I'm level 36 using this build as a template and I am not having any mana problems even running 2 auras. I can only see it getting better based on my experience with my summoner (which was terribly weak while leveling).
-JRR
Editado por útlima vez por jasonjrr en 9 dic. 2013 16:06:56
I've been meaning to post my progress with this build for a while now, but have been a bit ashamed of it due to lack of some decent gear (as a result of lack of currency). However, an insanely lucky "double" exalt drop (had 2 ex drop in 2 days) gave me the ability to upgrade most of my gear. I still have a long ways to go (in my eyes), before I'm no longer searching for upgrades, but I'm well on my way!

Granted I'm on Domination with this character, so I don't think I'll take as much life as I would on an HC char, but I'm half way to face tanking piety at lvl 67 (ice mode still tears through me).

Due to some gear issues surrounding mana regen I was forced to spec into a few regen nodes until I can get enough of it on gear. I'll either respec out or depending on life, leave them in to free up stats on gear.

As a result of the regen/mana issues I've held off going MoM until I can handle the mana requirements of it. Even without it I've rarely had any serious problems. I even started running a few (of the easier) 66 maps at level 62 (which netted me one of the exalts!).

I guess I'd like to get an idea of if how *I* think my character is doing matches with reality (and to those with more skill in this game).

Basic Stats:
Spoiler
All stats were taken with Clarity and Hatred turned on.
Life: 3220
Mana: 2257
Unreserved Mana: ~1200
Mana regen: 181.8
Armour: 1717
Resistances (F/C/L/CH): 75/65/75/-46
Tooltip DPS: 3185

Passive Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks for everything you've done for this community Ziggy. There's hundreds of players out there who haven't given up (and a few who've surely excelled) on the game yet due to your videos and guides.
My current build is based on this guide. I'm currently at level 87 and it's definitely the most tanky character I've had so far. I don't have a 6link yet and my gems are level 19. The dps lags well behind most of the players I map with and can be quite frustrating. I'm currently doing about 7k with hatred aura. This is just barely enough to contribute to a map group above 71 maps. I hope the level 20 gems and 6link bring a huge boost!

I have no problems with regular monsters up through 78 maps but, bosses are a different story. The lack of dps leaves me in a position where im just running away most of the time or porting out of the map. Please take a look and see if I can improve any defensive or offensive setup.

Thanks!

current stats:

hp 4.5k
dps 7k
mana: 1300 after reserved for 3 auras
300 mana regen

Thanks for the very detailed + helpful guide been having a blast with this build! was just curious what your thought on using alpha to run purity of lightning as a 4th aura is? you lose a decent chunk of mana buffer currently only 600 but can be improved alot with levels since im only 78. I feel like the immune to freeze + 4 percent max res to light will push the build to be even more insanely tanky

Spoiler
This is my current gear and thanks again for the great guide!
Editado por útlima vez por Buchy en 9 dic. 2013 21:16:09
Hey, just a quick question, at what point does getting anymore Projectile Speed become pointless?

Right now, I have 21% increased projectile speed from my wand, and another 58% from support gems, which brings it to 79%.

I'm wondering if i can drop projectile speed from my wand altogether, and focus on other stats like spell damage and cast speed/mana regen.
djnecro, put your next point in MoM. Switch out to a mana flask if you need to, there is no reason you shouldn't have it.
The silent majority.
"
JoopO escribió:
How about a witch variant of this build? How would it look like?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBLMHYwx9EH8RUBUgFy8Y2xmGGjgc3B0UHaoelCj6KaUqTSzpMZ41kjrYOuE74T8nQYdDY0WdRnFKyE3YTeNOKlXGVdZXK1j1W69k52aebRluqm-ecU108Xqqf8aApIFvgh6Cx4MJhTKI8Yx2j0aQVZLNkvOTJ5rPmuCdxJ48ogCio6ZXpwinhKw_rEesWbQMtfK3Mbc-uJO71sAawfPGnspKz2XQ0NsL3FfdDeGI5oHrLOvu7DjwH_JF-ej60v4K_kn-jw==

something like this probably

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional