[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG escribió:
Hey guys, an important thing to mention:
IT seems now that the whole "While you have Blood Rage active you can never be on Full life" thing was fixed. So now when you have blood rage activated you'll be considered on full life even if the tooltip says otherwise. This is very important because now you'll be able to use Melee Damage on Full Life for a significant boost to your damage.

Just tested it because I couldnt belive it. You seem right! When did those sneaky goblins change that?

PS: That should make this build a lot stronger! A second big "More" multiplyer should kick butts lategame.
It seems it was changed with 2.6 ... sadly it wasn't mentioned specifically ....
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How can I test the melee physical damage on full life and see that is working?
1. See your damage with it.
2. Cast blood rage and see your damage going down
3. kill something and check if your damage is back to the amounts of 1.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
It makes sense xD
So how can that improve the build? Atm i'm running with flicker strike + Melee Physical Damage Support + Faster attacks + Multistrike Support + Fortify + Added Fire Damage Support. Maybe change Added Fire Damage Support? but the difference don't seem to be so worth it adds a bit more damage in comparation and you lose it when you take damage, or I'm wrong?. Sorry for this questions but I'm new to the game and I don't know a lot of things of this game. Thank you for your time and sorry for my bad english xD
"
Riwean escribió:
It makes sense xD
So how can that improve the build? Atm i'm running with flicker strike + Melee Physical Damage Support + Faster attacks + Multistrike Support + Fortify + Added Fire Damage Support. Maybe change Added Fire Damage Support? but the difference don't seem to be so worth it adds a bit more damage in comparation and you lose it when you take damage, or I'm wrong?. Sorry for this questions but I'm new to the game and I don't know a lot of things of this game. Thank you for your time and sorry for my bad english xD

That improves the build in a way of variety. You can now choose to have a 2nd more physical multiplyer, instead of chosing more elemental dmg, fortify or faster attack speed. Which ultimatly would make a Starforge on this build work, for there are now 6 actual useful slots.

While Flicker itself, multi, added phys and added fire dmg still will be great, faster attacks for example isnt really that great for a build which already gets +14% increased attackspeed per frenzy charge and uses multistrike for more attack speed. Also fortify, as great as it is, is a defensive option and is not mandatory for clearing trash/outside bosses.

So why not go all out for a change with Flicker, Multi, added phys, added fire, weapon ele dmg and Mele phys at full life? Will surely send some heads fly.
While the proposed setup will definitely work, the thing about ele damage in general when it comes to builds that don't build specifically around it, is that you get great paper dps ... dps that is greatly reduced by the monsters resistances (and especially bosses). Personally i'd go for Flicker Strike + Melee physical + Multistrike + Melee on full life + Fortify + Faster attacks.
Sorry I am still somewhat new. In your third post it says you added leveling items? I am about to start following this guide tomorrow and I know for skills any aoe melee will do but do you have any leveling item recommendations that will greatly ease the process?

Thanks so so much for quite possibly the best guide I have ever read Btw.

Cheers
Hey there, very nice guide,i am kinda new to this game, but running this built just fine, thanks to your detailed explanations. For me there are 2 things that are hard with this build - fat bosses coz lackking of frenzy(as u mentioned, u can gain some with frenzy attack, but my ats pretty low atm, so i am still struggling with fat bosses a bit) and the explosive passive/active some mobs/bosses have, they just 1-shot me, even CWDT+IC cant handle such( for me at least). Just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing this build and making this hard work for us, definetly will remember this build for future, very fun to play.
"
JohnyDooozano escribió:
Hey there, very nice guide,i am kinda new to this game, but running this built just fine, thanks to your detailed explanations. For me there are 2 things that are hard with this build - fat bosses coz lackking of frenzy(as u mentioned, u can gain some with frenzy attack, but my ats pretty low atm, so i am still struggling with fat bosses a bit) and the explosive passive/active some mobs/bosses have, they just 1-shot me, even CWDT+IC cant handle such( for me at least). Just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing this build and making this hard work for us, definetly will remember this build for future, very fun to play.

What's your gear currently like? Could you link it and could you possibly type down how much HP, Armour, Evasion, and dmg you have currently?

And in case you're wondering on how to link stuff in the forum(idk exactly how new you are, so I am sorry if you already know and find this rude or something). Click on your character name or the character avatar picture in the top left area of the website(right underneath the logout/messages/contact support area). It will bring up another window within the website. Go to to your character and every time you click on an item it automatically puts it in the text box for the 'post reply' area. Should be pretty self explanatory for everything else regarding that. I didn't figure that out for a long time actually...but then again I hated doing trade stores like we had to used to do....omg.... POE Trade/Currency is a gift from the gods if I say so myself(and I am atheist mind you, lol...)...

P.S. JohnyDooozano, IMO, one of the nicest things about linking items is that you can link them from your stash too. But you obviously have to own them though... :P. Only saying this because I wouldn't have thought that without seeing it first hand.

"
Lucidor escribió:
Sorry I am still somewhat new. In your third post it says you added leveling items? I am about to start following this guide tomorrow and I know for skills any aoe melee will do but do you have any leveling item recommendations that will greatly ease the process?

Thanks so so much for quite possibly the best guide I have ever read Btw.

Cheers

Weird, I could have sworn he had item recommendations before, idk what happened to them though. I can't find them either now.

These are some items i'd recommend for starting out. The ring and gloves are the least needed of them all(technically none are needed obviously). But the chest, boots and helm are pretty huge when it comes to starting a new char on a league that you've already played on. And to be honest, when it comes to any new character, these 3 items(chest/boots/helm) are pretty much universal with any build you plan on doing late game. 6-link...can't be frozen + 20% movement...and finally 35-40% all elemental resistant(and 10% rarity never hurt anyone... :P). I am pretty confident that KorgothBG would agree with me, at least on the main 3 items.

P.S. Lucidor, there will be other good leveling items along the way but these 3 usually get used for a long time, sometimes all the way to and into merc difficulty(just depends on your other items, build, and play style). Tabula will almost always be used until your first late game 5 link(or ideally 6 link if you can afford one)
Editado por útlima vez por arokace en 12 may. 2017 6:43:13

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional