[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

With the bloodlust support gem the attack that it is linked to it can never cause bleeding be it from a passive, the skill itself or an item. And because of that it is rather useless. The Haemophilia gloves are indeed quite nice though the lack of life and resists can cause some problems, though if you can afford it go ahead and use them :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi, first of all the guide is really nice but I need some advices. I'm a slayer lvl 87 and I want to improve it, atm I'm with Kaom's primacy but saving to buy Atziri's disfavour, what you think about my current gear and skills? Do you think that i have to change some of it?
Thank you.
"
clandestinehp escribió:
Have you guys messed with bloodlust support gem since the disfavour causes bleeds on hit? What about the new gloves in 2.6? It would give more damage than spiked gloves but less health and resistances.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Haemophilia

Yea, as KorgothBG said losing the life/resistance on gloves really hurts. If it wasn't for that then they'd be amazing. That is probably my biggest gripe with life builds is how much you HAVE TO HAVE LIFE on as many pieces as possible. There are a lot of uniques I'd love to try but they either basically no protection or close to it in comparison to rares. When you take off a 60-80 life piece and you drop 300-500 life...it is pretty fucking huge, especially since your max Life Leech per Second is based off your total life(5% by default, 15% for slayers). Even when I purposely pick up all the ones in the duelist tree(putting me at 28% per second max)...I can still die with everything popped and I have 5.9k/6.3k life(I put two lifes up because at the moment I have been using a unique amulet to try to get headhunters to drop but with my actual neck piece I am at the higher life pool). I do run low on cold res but I have taste of hate to make up for it 66% of the time.

Unique Amulet:

And the other thing you stated about Flicker Strike is another part that can be a huge issue for some people. The whole...you can't party with anyone basically...sucks if you do do that a lot but I don't think parting happens that often in this game besides maybe the first week or 2 of the league. With that being said, this also applies to getting your charges started since they're required to do Flicker.
"
Riwean escribió:
Hi, first of all the guide is really nice but I need some advices. I'm a slayer lvl 87 and I want to improve it, atm I'm with Kaom's primacy but saving to buy Atziri's disfavour, what you think about my current gear and skills? Do you think that i have to change some of it?
Thank you.

IMO, you should of been able to get rid of that Kaom's a long time ago. I usually am able to get Kitava at around lvl65-lvl70. So IMO, unless you're close get yourself a kitava first, 5l lowest cost is about 50c at the moment. Or buying one that is max stat or close to it(only has one roll on it) is 75-90c. Those Surgebinders are interesting, never saw them before, they might be nice at higher gear levels actually...especially when you have all of your flasks(lions roar, taste of hate, and vinktar's, really wish the fire one made sense to use).

2 other possible gear upgrades. Find yourself a pair of rare boots and see if you can still keep up your frenzy charges without them because if you can rare boots would be the better choice. And same thing with the Surgebinders, if I was to ever use them it would more than likely be when I already had a nice life pool. When both of those become rares you will see some damage lose but you will gain close to 1k life probably.

As I've stated a lot...sorry...lol...one huge thing about kitava is it lets you pick up something other than Impact in Slayer. So until I get myself a disfavour I run: Headsman, Bane of Legends, Endless Hunger, and Brutal Fervour. It is a really really nice benefit of kitava's imo. I still think disfavour is better but it not only costs more but in an ideal world it requires some respecting imo(stuff to increase bleed damage and cause bleed damage to poison). These are my personal tastes/opinions on this build though, not something that KorgothBG is saying(but I do know he agrees with the benefit that Kitava gives).

PS just scrolled down some on kitava's page on POE Trade...better get there quickly because it looks like most are actually 100c+ unless you want to roll your link on your own then it is only 20c~...which actually might be cheaper than a lot of other options there.

PPS....get a skin for Kitava if you choose to use it...personally it is one of the most ugliest axes in the game. I use Blood Reaper/scythe for the weapon skin...I really can't stand how Kitava looks...looks more like a mace than an axe to be honest.
Editado por útlima vez por arokace en 20 abr. 2017 23:56:33
"
arokace escribió:
your max Life Leech per Second is based off your total life(5% by default, 15% for slayers). Even when I purposely pick up all the ones in the duelist tree(putting me at 28% per second max)

Maximum life leeched per second is at 20 % max HP per second at default.
Slayer raises this to 30% and including "Vitality Void" and "Hematophagy" can even raise this to 43 % of your max life - per second.

Still will never beat "vaalpact" for facetanking. Even with the overleech mechanic...
Editado por útlima vez por Ezrael49 en 21 abr. 2017 7:57:36
"
Ezrael49 escribió:
"
arokace escribió:
your max Life Leech per Second is based off your total life(5% by default, 15% for slayers). Even when I purposely pick up all the ones in the duelist tree(putting me at 28% per second max)

Maximum life leeched per second is at 20 % max HP per second at default.
Slayer raises this to 30% and including "Vitality Void" and "Hematophagy" can even raise this to 43 % of your max life - per second.

Still will never beat "vaalpact" for facetanking. Even with the overleech mechanic...

You are right, idk why I always read it as 5% default. As for Vaal Pact...I can't go Vaal Pact, I have tried and unless I want to change my flasks out to use more than 1 life potion it is really hard to stay alive this way. The over leech mechanic is a pretty significant thing. A big part had to do with Blood Rage and no Life Regeneration anymore though, if that wasn't an issue then it would be fine but since Blood Rage is the main way to get Frenzy Charges with this build, you have to not get it. You could go the unique routes instead but you will suffer life/res/def and possibly damage.

Perhaps it would turn out better and more survivable but until I get all the gear I want in the league I am to lazy/unwilling to try something that different. I tried changing the build to an ES/Ghost Reaver build in the last few weeks of last season and the 10x I had saved up still weren't enough to buy good enough gear and having extra Orbs of Respec to change little things around in case I felt certain things were better or not.

PS just read the word face tanking with what you said. Yea that part is true, if you can get yourself up to straight hitting the mobs/boss without dying then yea it wins...it is just getting up to that point while still having everything you need. The over leech mechanic allows you to stop and cast Vaal spells, totems, and your golem without much worry. I usually don't recast my golem once it dies in a fight though. I will recast(well cast in general, don't usually cast unless I am just seeing what my max damage is) my totem during a breach or boss fight.
What should our end game gear look like ?

I understand that we need 1 six link for flicker but for other 6 link what should I use?
Well you could put a single target attack setup there (think frenzy or viper strike)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I notice that since you take the brutal fervour node in the slayer ascendancy tree you are immune to bleeding while leeching.

Because of that, isn't it possible to run ALL maps that do not restrict leeching without the bleed immune flask?
Indeed if you pick the Brutal Fervor passive you don't need a flask that removes bleeding.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional