[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Quick (and hopefully not repeated) option on this build...and as a disclaimer this is NOT groundbreaking but an interesting alternative to facerolling all 10k mobs with 55k dps

I've been using it for a months now and love it, but got to LVL94 and tired of losing hours of exp to a Volatile Stormblook in an Ele Weakness map, so I've decided 94 is "my" 100.

With that said, I've been playing around with options, and found that you can run a pseudo-MF Cyclone variation up to and including 79/Atziri without really losing anything from survivability or much from clear speed.

The change is super simple; replace Added Fire and Melee Physical with Item Rarity and Item Quantity; it forces you to recolor but in tough times you can add back Melee Physical and replace Rarity with Inc AOE/Conc Effect if needed.

My gear:
Spoiler

So yeah, nothing groundbreaking but I can steamroll 78 maps and Atziri deathless with maybe 30 seconds more time invested and come out with 43% IIQ and 69% IIR...not bad.

As always, thanks for the build; it's been a great ride with it.

PS: Addition AOE radius on Meginord's is SO worth the waste of several Vaal's and unique belts to hit it.
Well .. yeah ... sounds about right to me.
I've been running IQ instead of added fire from time to time and back before 2.0.0 ( when i was using carcass ) i'd sometimes run IR gem too instead of inc. aoe.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well lesson learned, 99 fusings is not enough to get even a 5 link. time to play another char till i can farm up more. the RNG in this game is a terrible thing sometimes. having my max dps potential gated behind fusings is so mind destroying.
A tip - usually buying an already linked gear is cheaper than trying to link it yourself. I've always recommended doing that ... unless you feel lucky and you don't mind the potential loss of currency.

And of course there is Vorici.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 27 sept. 2015 17:12:50
hi I like to thank you for this badass guide, I started a facebreaker duelist because block seems to be the only way to make your melee build endgame viable.

I got as far as level 70 with this build with only a little deviation from your skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAO4EhwSzBS0GOQqbC2EMXwz3FCAVIBXsGbQaPhynIWAppSpNLOktgy_MMk41kjwFPC09Dz8nQKBHfkrITUZQR1FgU6VfP2LsZU1nm2jybqpyqXTtdPF5OXrvfNl-4oKbg1-DzITZhO-Gs4-ZmSuaO5_fogCplayvrj6vbK-ntfK3PrkdvTa9gb6nwGbAv8GCxPbGrsqQ2L3aweRR5wrp1e8O73rvfPAf8i_zBvZI9qP3Mvuq_go=?accountName=Dragon_Bukid&characterName=AssFartacus

my block chance has yet to reach 63% but that will take a while.

As of now, I'm facing a problem and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build, at level 70 I got 3k hp, overcapped resists, 13k armor/68% phys dmg reduction - 84% with 4 endurance charges (90% with flasks), 52% block and 25k cyclone tooltip dps. With this build I haven't died since level 1 until now, when I faced Merciless Malachai, I died at least 5 times to him and those aren't even "touch of god" deaths, I just wasn't able to tank his tentacles, his mines and his spinning red circle thingies. So far the only apparent problem I see with my build is my hp, is it too low for my level? or is my death spree with malachai the effect of abyssus? this is my current gear:

Spoiler

any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance m8
Well Malachai is a huge difficulty jump and most would agree that level 70 usually isn't enough to deal with him effortlessly and you can't just go and facetank him at that level.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 28 sept. 2015 12:15:45
Hi. First off i would like to say thanks for making this guide. Its been a really good time following it. Now onwards to my question. I just started up again after taking a break just around then The awakening went into open beta.

Im wondering what i really should be focusing on improving first?

This is my current passivetree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAO4EhwUtBjkJMwthDF8M9w3NFCAVIBXsGbQaPhuXHKcczipNK1As6S2DLlMvzDJONZI8LT0PPfw_J0CgR35KyE1GUEdRYFOlWGNfP2LsZU1nm2jybqpyqXTtdqx5OXrvfNl-4oNfg8yE2YTvhrOK8I-ZqZWsr62Nrj6vbK-ntfK2irc-uR29Nr6nwL_BgsRYxILE9sauxtjKkM9-0TbTb9i92sHiLORR6Ubp1eoY7w7wH_Iv8wb2SPcy-6r-Cv5U?accountName=Asori&characterName=Tildja_XX

My current gear:

Editado por útlima vez por Asori en 28 sept. 2015 15:27:37
Better amulet and getting a daresso's defiance chest. If you find yourself low on resists i'd suggest to drop the atziri boots for rare ones.
Question: I'm looking to upgrade my boots. I just need to consider a few resists, but other than that, I should be golden on what to shoot for with regards to stats and spread.

However, should I go for Evasion/Slink Boots as a base, or Armour/Titan Greaves? I'm currently running very heavily on armour as it is, thanks to a very nice Lioneye's Remorse I found.

My current list of items, if you care to review.

Well usually the ideal boots have 3 resist mods, life mod and movement speed mod. So that leaves you with just flat defense mod or % defense mod ( armour / evasion / armour+evasion ) . That leads to the fact that you can't get a lot of defenses from your boots ... so in the end it doesn't really matter.
What i'm trying to say is that as long as the boots have the desired mods it doesn't really matter if they are str, dex or str/dex based.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional