[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

The combination of everything. The passive ability to have max endurance charges up all the time ( which is not achievable by counter attacks with endurance charge on stun ), the dodge ( which essentially does the same job as block .. so think about it as +6% chance to block ) and of course don't get me wrong about onslaught ... i was just trying to explain that getting onslaught in no way hurts your ability to have max endurance charges up 99% of the time. What iw as trying to point out is that - yes, you will still get onslaught quite a lot but that will not hurt your end charges. On top of that the chest has good enough amounts of armour, evasion, life and even life leech on top of that.
And of course you can (and you should) use reckoning ... but instead of wasting a socket for endurance charge ons tun you can use it for something more useful.

Now what can a top-rolled rare chest give you ... more armour which really isn't that noticeable since most of your armour comes from your shield and shield defense nodes, around 150 more life and well ... that's all ... sure one might argue resists but i'd say "sure... if you need them... and that's a big if"
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This is actually the first time i go back to a guide and post a reply just to leave some props.
U Sir are amazing - same is ur guide. Never had as much fun and ease to fuck arround in this game like i did with this char. I would donate if i could because u deserve it! Sad thing is im not able to donate because im broke as fuck student. Keep up the work dude ur awesome
Thank you for the kind words! They are really appreciated and more than enough :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Every time I see a person use Whirling Blades to zip by me, I feel a bitter tear trickle down my cheek.

Every time I see a person use Leaping Strike, I too yearn for the soaring caress of wind carrying my manly warrior aloft.

I swear, the fun mobility skills just are all locked behind weapons.

Do you know what skills could benefit from Enhanced Endurance and Blood Magic support? I've replaced Phase Run in favour of Shield Charge (gotta love a quick dodge) on my 4-socket Facebreaker, but I'm still sorely lagging behind people that care to ignore trash mobs. Sure, I blend, I'm playing the lovechild of Zangief and a fantasy Maori, but I just can't seem to keep up.
Love the builds and advice!

So ive been following this guide aaaaaannnnd im stuck! I hit 60 and equipped abyssus and my damage skyrocketed but my survivability absolutely tanked. Ive been trying desperately to find a decent 5/6L chest on the cheap to replace my Tabula Rasa but so far no luck.

I attempted to just roll with a 4L but my DPS dropped by half which seemed like i was essentially wasting the bonus my Abyssus provided. Ideally id like to get myself a Daresso's Defiance but the cost on that is pretty extreme for a beginner. I really wasnt expecting to hit this roadblock of low life/survivability. I cant even run Blood Rage anymore haha. Any advice?

And on that note i have plenty of items id be willing to trade for a decent chest (including a dream fragments) if anyone in the thread wants to conduct a trade.

TY again for the extremely detailed builds and guides. I read them frequently!
@Ddg
Posting your gear and passive tree will surely help me to help you ;)
Oh right. Sorry i was very tired while posting that. my current gear after some adjustments is as follows:
Spoiler

Talent tree is following yours almost exactly except for a few jewel nodes that were nearby i grabbed early.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAO4FLQY5CTMLYQz3FCAVIBXsGbQaPhuXKk0s6S2DLlMvzDJONZI8LT0PPydAoEd-SshQR1FgXz9i7GVNZ5tuqnKpdO1673zZfuKDX4PMhNmE74azivCplayvrj6vbK-ntfK2irc-uR29Nr6nwL_BgsT2xq7KkNE202_YvdrB4izkUelG7w7yL_MG9zL7qv4K?accountName=Ddg&characterName=reckemronald

So I just bit the bullet and did some major gem adjustments and recolors after my last post and have the setup you see now. Its a giant DPS loss initially but at least now i can run blood rage which brings me up to what my dps was at without it while wearing a 6L Tabula Rasa. I think my biggest issue right now is that both my Abyssus and Facebreakers are corrupted, so I dont have the flexibility to run the gem setup i need. Additionally the lack of a 6L chest cuts my DPS by probably another 3 or 4k listed.

I guess i can deal with that for now until i can afford a Derasso's. Do you see anything that could use some real work that I can adjust on the fly?
"
Ddg escribió:

So I just bit the bullet and did some major gem adjustments and recolors after my last post and have the setup you see now. Its a giant DPS loss initially but at least now i can run blood rage which brings me up to what my dps was at without it while wearing a 6L Tabula Rasa. I think my biggest issue right now is that both my Abyssus and Facebreakers are corrupted, so I dont have the flexibility to run the gem setup i need. Additionally the lack of a 6L chest cuts my DPS by probably another 3 or 4k listed.

I guess i can deal with that for now until i can afford a Derasso's. Do you see anything that could use some real work that I can adjust on the fly?

Hi Ddg,

I just wanted to give you quick suggestions... First of all, this build is armour based and main source of the armour is the shield.(lots of "increased defence from shield" nodes from the tree) So, I definitely suggest to change your shield with lioneye's remorse. if you are playing on standard you can sell your shield for 1-2 ex and buy a 5L/6S Daresso for 2ex.. Also, you can buy a non-corrupted even better rolled facebreaker for 5-6 chaos. Until you can change your Abyssus with a non-corrupted one, you can use the following setup; Curse On Hit + Reckoning + (Red curse gem of your choice) + Life Leech.
Also, changing added fire dmg with melee physical dmg for 4L will be a big boost to your dps.

Edit: Ohh I definitely did not think lioneye's requires lvl 70 to equip.. (Then Korgoth's suggestion below :))
Editado por útlima vez por NicholaiHell en 24 sept. 2015 3:21:31
Ok there are some things.

First Melee Physical damage support gem gives twice as much dps compared to added fire damage.

I know that some people enjoy big dps tooltip numbers BUT at level 60 there is no real difference between 10k cyclone dps and 100mil dps the clear speed is the same because you'll one-shot in both cases.

So at this point the Great old one's ward is a nice option because you can't put on lioneye's remorse just yet. Some stick to the great old one but heed my warning - Great old one's ward means that you'll end up with very low armour, and very low armour means that you'll have character that will die much more often, of course it's up to you in the end.

A few small stuff ... life gained on hit in my opinion is much better than life leech on your reckoning. You already have blood rage to provide some leech, and LGOH is instant opposed to leech.

Btw how are your resists? If they are not capped ... i've said it in the guide and said it over and over again .. but hey i'll say it again - cap them at all costs!

And of course pretty much every part of your gear can be upgraded for more resists, life and damage and better rolls but you'll get there eventually.

EDIT:
Oh and yes in your abyssus you could put something like Reckoning + Curse on hit + Warlord's Mark/Punishment + LGOH/Melee Physical damage
or if you don't want a curse :
Reckoning + Increased area of effect + LGOH + Melee Physical damage
Thank you NicholaiHell for reminding me ^^
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 24 sept. 2015 3:21:29
You guys are great. All very good advice. ill test out that helm setup and see how it goes. I got myself a lioneye's now waiting for 70. Once i equip it ill see about selling my current shield for a Derasso's. Looking on PoE trade though im not seeing a lot of cheap 5L chests but ill keeep an eye out. Resists are all positive of 75/50/50 and will improve as i progress. I really appreciate the help so far

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional