PoE client as Torrent download

Torrent=30 minute blow job extended over 3 hours.

Regular download=Regular blowjob done in 15.

Strange analogy ha ha.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Good torrents are faster than regular downloads though.

A long time ago Flashget innovated download management by doing striped parallel downloading to obtain record speeds with even 56k lines... flash forward and we have torrents that essentially took that concept to the next level.

My first year in college my IT dept. capped individual streams to 500K/s but left the general connection uncapped... so with a little ingenuity I could download at the full capacity of the hardware at the time, which I think was <100Mb.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto escribió:
"
eversorgod escribió:
i really dislike these streaming clients as they end up spiking your ping

This is erroneous. The implementation is what could cause this, not the technique itself.

Im sorry but thats BS, any bandwidth going somewhere else is going to have an impact on your ping regardless of how clever he system is. now in a traditional MMORPG a ping of 200+ is no issue but playing an aim based game it would be
"
eversorgod escribió:
"
zeto escribió:
"
eversorgod escribió:
i really dislike these streaming clients as they end up spiking your ping

This is erroneous. The implementation is what could cause this, not the technique itself.

Im sorry but thats BS, any bandwidth going somewhere else is going to have an impact on your ping regardless of how clever he system is. now in a traditional MMORPG a ping of 200+ is no issue but playing an aim based game it would be

ping trip time has almost nothing to do with your current load. I think you should go study network architecture and how these things actually work. ping is almost entirely determined by the number of hops to your destination, and spikes if one of those routers bottlenecks.

At worst if you were writing to disk, the slow disk I/O could lag your game if you were low on RAM... system lag due to torrents is often due to the I/O processing overhead.

or if you download at extreme speeds it might take additional time to clear the network cache but that is typically so fast that any other potential bottleneck would be slower...

or if you have a cheap router the internal sockets list can get bogged down by torrents, but that is rare and can be managed via options... aka implementation.

I have a friend who runs a game server which also runs movies and torrents... no lag.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Zeto,

Maybe you should learn how to discuss things with people before you come off looking like an ass. oh. to late.

Seriously though, in all of your posts you start attacking what people know, telling them to actually learn it, or go back to school or whatever. You told me to go learn basic logic.

If you put things like that in your post, it accomplishes nothing but making the person you are talking to angry.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Hes fine hes just very blunt.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
Wittgenstein escribió:

If you put things like that in your post, it accomplishes nothing but making the person you are talking to angry.

You will never like me, because you require carebear padding to your conversations, and I just don't sugar coat what I say for someone else's benefit. I do try to stick mostly to facts, but the fact of these matters does ultimately come down to how much of a subject each party knows. It's just not possible to have a conversation about logic or network architecture unless both parties are on the same page.

If I feel that the topic is simple enough to iterate then I'll sometimes take the time to do that; however we are on an internet forum, not a classroom, and I'm dealing with complete strangers with diverse backgrounds. The best I can do is suggest a topic for further study, and if they choose to do that, then great...

Usually I'm not trying to be a jerk to hurt someone's feelings, but often people combine the factors of being wrong, and being pointed towards educational materials as being a sleight against them, especially if they still can't realize why they are wrong... at which point they get irate or sulk. Sometimes things just are... without the extra connotation you, the reader, attach to them.

But as I started this with, people like you tend not to like people like me... but in the end you just have to get used to people like me, and maybe over time you will come to understand how I work. Like Rusty stated, I tend to be blunt and informative, and often it's hard to separate that from being rude.

For that I apologize, and I'm always working on it... but discussion to me involves putting forth pieces of information... until a point has been reached (sometimes quickly) where one party is clearly incapable, at which point I start to paint with large brush strokes, sometimes with collateral damage, and again I try to work on that.

On the other side of things, many people love me. I'm a wealth of information, a great player, a great friend, and host a large skill set... for those that can deal with my style, they get a lot out of it.
I was merely suggesting that you should learn some manners. Goes both ways. Sorry if I came off as blunt, you just have to learn to deal with people like me. I tell it how it is.

Now, what did my reply just accomplish? Nothing.

Lesson for the day.

That we have reached a point where trying to be, polite.. is "carebear padding"... sad thing I think.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
zeto escribió:

ping trip time has almost nothing to do with your current load. I think you should go study network architecture and how these things actually work. ping is almost entirely determined by the number of hops to your destination, and spikes if one of those routers bottlenecks.

At worst if you were writing to disk, the slow disk I/O could lag your game if you were low on RAM... system lag due to torrents is often due to the I/O processing overhead.

or if you download at extreme speeds it might take additional time to clear the network cache but that is typically so fast that any other potential bottleneck would be slower...

or if you have a cheap router the internal sockets list can get bogged down by torrents, but that is rare and can be managed via options... aka implementation.

I have a friend who runs a game server which also runs movies and torrents... no lag.

well 1st up unlike most people i dont have a degree in google searching, i either know something or i dont

this i know, if i am downloading then my ping is higher as i am nearly always downloading something there is a difference when i stop downloading, my HD writing has nothing to do with it

most people dont have amazing broadband so im sure most cant stream and keep a steady low ping to a server which will be 3000miles away

i dont need a whole page to explain it, its simple
The cause actually is an important factor for this discussion though, since it can be used to minimize the impact of torrent downloading. Ultimately, the quickest fix for torrents causing latency is to cap your download and upload speeds for the torrent.

If you cap torrent downloading/uploading to a % of your total available bandwidth during load, it's not really possible to experience significant latency due to the torrent unless something else is going on. More than likely that is what is not happening when latency becomes an issue if it's due to torrents.

Finally, some information about game lag... for the most part lag is a combination of traffic latency + processing latency + dropped packets... and of those, dropped packets are the major culprit. A single dropped packet can cost you max response timeout plus another traffic trip and processing, which is huge compared to typical latencies. Much of the time nothing can be done about those though.

Ultimately torrents are all about the implementation. Ideally if you are doing nothing else you can hit max speed, which is often not possible from a single source if you have a good connection... and if you are doing something else, you can throttle it down to a point where it won't affect what you are doing.

Additionally, torrent downloading is especially good for people with unreliable or slow internet speeds. Torrent checksums will prevent transfer error, they can be started and stopped, and they can stream incremental updates easily. They are by far the best downloading technology we have right now... and possibly will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional