PoE client as Torrent download

"
EviLSheepLord escribió:
Torrent is such an unprofessional way to distribute anything. I wouldn't go this route if you expect to be a serious contender in the gaming industry. The legality of it is the wrong argument, when people think of torrent they think of 'illegal downloads', whether the system is legal or not. It won't lend any credibility to what you are doing. I would also love to see the numbers and/or facts behind "you will have more exposure to more people if you do it his way". What a load of crap. Word of mouth and having a rock-solid game. Look up Torchlight(Runic Games) and Grim Dawn(Crate Entertainment) and check out their business models. These are going to be your biggest competitors in the Indie market.

Have you heard of a little game called World of Warcraft? Ask them about no one taking them seriously because they use a superior download format.

"
blu9987 escribió:
what about pando?

They had better not use that garbage.
Editado por útlima vez por Billychu en 21 ago. 2011 11:59:56
I'd like to see a torrent as well. The download client in it's current state causes PoE to stop functioning if your download is interrupted at all mid-way. A torrent would simply error check and resume where it left off.

I've had to restart the install process (remove PoE via installer, reinstall, run, download,) twice now because of this.
"
MightyRavenDark escribió:
"
Harrumph escribió:
"
Torrents are illegal. GGG don't want you pirating their game.

This is completely untrue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

We know, it's already been established that was an obvious troll.

Not sure if troll or idiot...
I agree with this method, from what I understand, it is a LOT more efficient for both the company and the players to use file sharing.

Games like WOW have terrible servers and yet would have fantastic download rates if they allowed people to have the option to share uploads.
'torrents are illegal'
LOL tard.
You should read after the term of 'torrent' before saying such a big bullshit.
Torrent itself is not illegal, torrenting copyrighted stuff IS illegal.
This discussion is going in circles.We need a dev to say if they would use torrents or not.
another vote for torrent here. I haven't been able to install it because of crashes during dl, made worse by my poor internet connection
Let's hope the dev team implements this.

The BitTorrent protocol is ideal for file distribution. The bigger files, the more efficient. No matter Blizzard use it. And they're not the only ones.

So, any official words on this suggestion?
Already wasted 10GB trying to download. Most i have got to is about 50% before it stopped. Just BS! Torrent is needed!
Since there's currently a lot of active players, and there will be more, it would be a good moment to start using BitTorrent protocol to easily distribute the game client.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional