[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

Hey !

Last time I played was the temple league. And came back to play this build... wow I Can't tell if the game got easier or if this build is really well done. I'm still playing with my tabula and i'm wrecking lvl 10 maps it's amazing !

As everytime when I play poe I struggle at the same point...

Reach endgame, buy 1~3 chaos each pieces to get the right @res and start mapping, after that I try to get new pieces with a little bit more life, some phys damage to go with it anddddddddddddd i'm done. After that i'm at a total loss. I have a hard time finding what to upgrade, what's the priority...
Every new piece seems to cost tons of exalts and I can't tell how much it's gonna improve my character :(

What would be the priority ?

The -15 mana cost stat itself on blue armor is 1 ex O.O Then I'll need a few more to link it... just for free cyclone ! that seems crazy.

Does that improve our defense in any way ? Because I feel like my dps is ok but I would need more defense to go higher maps... (maybe i'm wrong).

As a noob I would think in buting a body armor with as much life / armor as possible and 6L it... How would that be ? a mistake ?

Thx for reading & thx for the guide !
Too late to edit previous post.

With a jewel that has 0.XX damage leached as mana, would that be enough to sustain the build ?
About the specific gem levels under "Gems links > Expensive Version"

Your PoB gems aren't matching up with the levels posted in the guide. You mentioned "Blood Rage is leveled up to higher so it doesn't need to be procced by Cast when damage taken.". Does CWDT need to be level 2 like in the build guide? I'ts level 3 in PoB. Also, Molten Shell is lv 11 (I assume because CWTD is level 2). Maybe mention that in the description below "Cast when damage taken Setup & Extra"?

can i do hardcore with this build?
"
kimjungbill escribió:
can i do hardcore with this build?

IMHO nope. You are pretty much immortal when hitting something (unless 1shot) but when you not... you pretty squishy. So a pack of ranged monster can and will kill you from time to time.
Editado por útlima vez por Lajf en 21 mar. 2020 21:11:59
Eh -- it's tankiness isn't bad because of how we're instantly leeching thanks to bloodseeker, but if you were going to go hardcore it goes without saying you probably don't want to be wearing an abyssus for example. Yes, we can plow through things and take quite a bit of damage thanks to how fast we're leeching, due to the insane attack speed and bloodseeker leech -- but we have no real defense against major one shot abilities other than simply having to dodge them. There's sources of damage you simply won't be able to face-tank and leech through. This build pretty much relies on the fact that you're always hitting something and you need to keep moving. If you're not hitting stuff, you're going to be fairly squishy. Just the way it is.

As currently built, I'd say this build isn't really setup for hardcore. I don't know how it is for other people, but my tree ended up being very similar albeit slightly different than Bergers, and I have all the life nodes on the tree that I can afford to take -- and I'm only sitting at 5100 HP in T16 maps. I don't have a GG body armor yet that has 100+ HP and %max life on it, but even if I did, I don't see how I'd reach 6K life without dropping a cluster jewel and getting some more life related passives. And some of the new cluster notables are very good and well worth sacrificing for. We have other defensive layers such as blinds, phys damage reduction from ascendancys but if I were going to go cyclone impale champ in hardcore, I would definitely have built the character much more tanky and I'd probably go with the facebreaker setup over dual wielding.

I've died probably about 90 times this league so far, most of it prior to the delirium nerfs. I've died a couple times recently in T16 maps but it's generally due to degen that I don't notice in time -- or it's a one shot that I didn't see coming. This is with capped res and about +20 chaos res -- which is all I can afford to get right now with current gear/stat requirements.

Edit: Me personally -- I've enjoyed the build as a league starter. With current gear, I'm sitting at roughly 3.5M dps with flasks up and onslaught proc'd from an abyss jewel I have in my belt. It can handle T16 maps and I've had no real problem killing conquerors or the elder fragment bosses. I'm not sure I'm going to invest anymore currency into the character as I'd like to transition over to playing an CoC Assassin and unfortunately, it's not a cheap build and it'll take much more currency than this char to get rolling. I think this is a solid league starter, one of the better ones I've played. If you want to play cyclone/impale -- this is a good option. With GG items, a 420+ pdps rare claw, awakened support gems, etc -- this build would be a real beast.
Editado por útlima vez por KFieLdGaming en 21 mar. 2020 21:32:01
Hello, I'm not quite sure what to do to get my DPS up from here (138k), would getting the -15 mana cost armour and replacing my ring make that big of a jump?

https://pastebin.com/pSMWNAVh
this build does not survive sirus phase 4, what can we do? I have a bis already, but I get one shoted
"
deltasmoker escribió:
this build does not survive sirus phase 4, what can we do? I have a bis already, but I get one shoted

Brother even if you had BiS items, asking such a question would suggest an obvious answer - get good ;)..
But you're far away from BiS stuff ;) and you're not even wearing bloodseeker, which is core item of the build ;)

What can you do? If you can't figure stuff on your own you should stick closer to the guide :)

Cheers
Wicked_Clown
Editado por útlima vez por DjPapaz en 21 mar. 2020 23:34:52
"
crzytimes escribió:
Can clear T16's...but starting to take awhile and am dying some. Juiced up a T16 with 5 delirium orbs and some fragments...that may have been a mistake :)

Next thing to upgrade? I think I need to focus on my weapon and circle back to upgrading pieces of my gear. Also been lazy about my flasks...really should get on that.

Edit: updated flasks

I did a T15 100% Delirius Map today with Harbinger, Metamorph, Perandus Scarabs and Bloodlines through map device. I also did Alva mission and the map had Breach and Al-Hezmin spawned. Absolutely the HARDEST thing I've ever done. But also the most fun, managed to clear it with 3 deaths and it was sooo fcking rough haha :D

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional