[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

"
tomxlove escribió:
"
tomxlove escribió:
Can you recommend what to update? Also can you check my pob under the accoutn Tomxlove and user Unity? I feel so squishy lol I need help.

?
When does it feel squishy?

The build is focused around leeching so you want to be in the enemy faces 99% of the time. It's the safest place to be. Once you're there you should be pretty safe. If you're not used to the playstyle it might be worth checking out some videos of Berger zooming around (might want to go back in the VODs to when he wasn't so highly geared to get a better feel for it).

Don't have PoB at hand at the moment... Are you resistance capped? If not, fix that. The difference between 75% and 50% resistance is 100% more incoming damage to us. Anytime we're not capped it makes a nasty one shot all the more likely.

If it's degens and traps you're struggling with that's mostly a matter of the right flasks (life with anti bleed, quicksilver with anti freeze, etc), getting used to your movement skill (I'd suggest picking one and sticking with it, either whirling blades or dash... and link Dash to Second Wind if you decide to go that route... having both is a little too wasteful in my mind) and keeping the uptime on your leeching as much as possible.
(I do keep some spare life and life regen jewels along with some extra life flasks in my stash for lab as it's slightly different to our normal day to day challenges. We're not designed for taking damage without an enemy nearby)

- Add to your CWDT setup.
Molten Shell is fantastic, I'd make it a priority. Phase Run a decent option, but lots of flexibility there in what you might go for. You can also throw in a curse, Assassin's Mark is the preferred one but you might want to go with something like Enfeeble if you're struggling to stay alive in packs (seeing as you have your CWDT at level 2 you can push your Immortal Call a bit higher too, at least one and possibly 2 levels - just don't go over with the level requirements)

- You can add Blood Rage, Herald of Purity and Ancestral Protector.
All well worth adding to the mix (it gives you something to click other than Cyclone and movement if nothing else). Both Herald of Purity and Ancestral Protector often take focus from enemies and all of them are a nice boost for us. Having either (or both) with Culling Strike is great too for finishing off weak enemies a little faster.

- I'd look at changing up those flasks. A lot.
Diamond, Sulphur, Silver and Quicksilver are all helpful for us. You'll want to try and get down the number of life and mana flasks asap. I don't have access to PoB at the moment to check your mana regen, but hopefully with leech you might be able to drop one of each flask type?
Depending on where you're finding trouble you could consider a more defensive flask too (Basalt, Jade, whatever helps in the area you're struggling most). Though personally I feel damage killing things faster and helping us leech more is the best defensive measure we have :P

- Head for Constitution
The life stats up there are huge. Well worth heading north on the tree with your next few points (unless you get a nice jewel which could take priority).

Didn't look at open affixes but there's a fair chance you'd be able to craft a few bits on some of your gear that might help you out. No need for the expensive ones when it's not quite end game gear, but throwing on some of the lower grade stuff is often helpful.

"
Devensky000 escribió:
Whats the best course of action with the bandits this league?

A - Kill Alira and get 2 Skill Points
B - Save her for resists and critical

Whats your opinion?

I think the majority of builds seem to take Alira early on if you need the help capping resistance... which we nearly all do. You can always swap out endgame when you can make up the needs in high end gear and have the regret orbs to spare.
Editado por útlima vez por TsuDhoNim en 17 mar. 2020 16:14:30
"
Bergerbrush escribió:
"
I LOVE THIS BUILD, sure the CI Cyclone I mained last league has way higher dps, but at what cost? But this. Man I'm already crushing stuff with 1ex spent give or take. What's the difference with -15 mana armour vs let's say -8 mana ring? Right now I'm stuck with my Paua but looking for option on my upgrade path, thinking about the - mana ring instead of the - mana armour. Thoughts?

You can go for -3 Channeling Skill cost on your rings if you want too use. But that makes it harder to build defenses/damage on our rings. But it can work until we can acquire a -15 Armour later on.

Exploring your update on -15 craft, thanks for that and for your reply!
Hey, why do you use Vaal Cyclone and not the normal Version of the Gem?
Man, this build is an awesome league starter.
I bought a facebreaker with the first chaos I found and then changed to claws as soon as I could use them (ofc I dropped the gloves).

Breeziest start in all leagues I've played.

Kudos for the awesome guide!
"
SeeToSky escribió:
why strive now for improvement?

This shit is insane! Only thing u can rly do now is 1 better steel ring, craft damage instead of WED on the Belt. WED is useless sadly :/ and buy a crazy pDPS claw. And then you are literally unstoppable against anything in the game my man. Already are probably tbh :D
"
GetGrenade escribió:
Yeah my Sirus 5 attempt was complete disaster, died to degens like 5 times. Maybe wearing Abyssus is less than ideal for that fight :D

I think i need to emphasize this more in this thread. We can't just straight up facetank every boss. We can facetank when we can attack/leech and sadly Sirus jumps around a lot, drops degen on the ground that makes it so we can't leech at all. So he is pretty annoying. But should still not be too bad to kill with good dps :)
"
Devensky000 escribió:
Hey guys, i need help with this decision.

Whats the best course of action with the bandits this league?

A - Kill Alira and get 2 Skill Points
B - Save her for resists and critical

Whats your opinion?

2 Skill points is always Best. I saved her so far though for league start because its hard balancing resists early in the league. But I will swap to 2 skill points soon :)
"
Gremlin222 escribió:
Hi, really enjoy that build, this is my first melee character, but I have issue with Sirus. Any tips to beat him? Our main defence mechanic did not really work well here, because Sirus always tp out and we can't deal damage constantly. Avatar's projectiles one shooted me at 5k hp, void zones is a horror, you will die at then like in one second or something. For me that fight is impossible for now, but may be that because I am suck at melee character.
So I would be very happy to hear a couple of tips on that bossfight :)

I might make a Video on how to kill him as Melee/how to kill him with this build when I face him. I haven't done more than afew t11 maps yet though and am falling behind in map progression. But I killed Shaper today fine^^
"
jan1ss19 escribió:
For everyone that hates whirling blades with passion use Dash+second wind ,shit is amazing and allows you to bypass gaps and other stuff that WB cant.

Indeed, I've spent hours updating the build everyday so far already and still have to add this^^
"
iVeDAkiLLa escribió:
Hey, why do you use Vaal Cyclone and not the normal Version of the Gem?

Currently in this league I am not using Vaal Cyclone, I might pick one up later though. Vaal Cyclone is higher DPS during the Vaal but locks us in place which is bad defensively. But since this is a facetank build, sometimes just popping Vaal Cyclone and literally afk the boss works amazing :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional