[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

This build has again been strong, and very fun.

But I have a few questions.

Is the forbidden flesh ascedancy jewel good for us? I mean I have been using elementalist but I don't know if it's better than just use int jewels. Or is raider the best one? I don't know.

Also any tips in crafting the amulet & armor ?

Right now I have 2686 int and 12826 es and build seems pretty strong.
The biggest problem with this build is it ruins you for other builds.

I haven't much time to play at the moment so I'm giving Sentinel a miss and just playing this build in Standard. I'm on lvl96 with 13k ES and can do most things with a minimum of risk. There do seem to be a couple of holes I can't work out

Apex of Sacrifice - low level but I can be killed in one shot
Burial Chambers Boss - Eats through my ES

Any clues?
"
Rumtum escribió:
The biggest problem with this build is it ruins you for other builds.

I haven't much time to play at the moment so I'm giving Sentinel a miss and just playing this build in Standard. I'm on lvl96 with 13k ES and can do most things with a minimum of risk. There do seem to be a couple of holes I can't work out

Apex of Sacrifice - low level but I can be killed in one shot
Burial Chambers Boss - Eats through my ES

Any clues?

Burial Chambers boss has soul eater. Longer the fight lasts, stronger she will be. Best advice is, that at the start just go to her, ignore adds and try to burn her down before she gets too strong.

Apex of Sacrifice, the boss reflects curses, so it is better to take them off. Jut unsocket CwDT. When she splits, one of the 4 images reflects damage. It is the one holding the mirror. You need to ether get good at recognizing the one that reflects to avoid it (or recognize one of the others). You can also respec your ascendancy for this fight and change from occultist to elementalist. This gives you immunity to reflect elemental damage.
"
Slaikkiz escribió:
This build has again been strong, and very fun.

But I have a few questions.

Is the forbidden flesh ascedancy jewel good for us? I mean I have been using elementalist but I don't know if it's better than just use int jewels. Or is raider the best one? I don't know.

Also any tips in crafting the amulet & armor ?

Right now I have 2686 int and 12826 es and build seems pretty strong.

I didn't get to use Flesh/Flame last league, but my understanding is, that Raider or not use at all.

For crafting, prepare to fail, loose lots of currency and only get some gray hairs. But you are probably pulling your hair anyway so the gray hairs would just be pulled off in the process, so don't worry about that.

Good thing is, that recombinators give you another way of crafting them. So if you get half failed ones, you can try if you are lucky. I don't have much more experience with them, so can't really say if they are super good or carbage. Probably something between.
Hey everyone! Im having a blast with this build so far; however, I saw on an earlier post that the reason we have cwc at 15 is for ice storm cast breakpoints. However, POB calculates Awakened CWC at some 100k more dps than what I currently have; do the breakpoints of casting less ice storms really lead to more damage than having a full new storm more often? I'm curious about the math behind that, if anyone is able to explain.
"
Ryserin escribió:
Hey everyone! Im having a blast with this build so far; however, I saw on an earlier post that the reason we have cwc at 15 is for ice storm cast breakpoints. However, POB calculates Awakened CWC at some 100k more dps than what I currently have; do the breakpoints of casting less ice storms really lead to more damage than having a full new storm more often? I'm curious about the math behind that, if anyone is able to explain.

Yes. No. Maybe. Probably. Sometimes. It depends.

The post actually says lvl15 or lvl1 awakened for breakpoints. The way it works is, that Icestorm drops a shard every 0.2s, and you have max 5 storms. When you make 6th storm, first will go away. Now imagine first storm has been up 0.15s since last shard when you replace it. This means you have to wait for the next shard practically 0.15+0.2s. If you had waited for 0.05s, it would go out every 0.2s.

Now we don't really know if you replace the storm at 0sec after last shard, does the first storm put the shard out (and let it fall) or is does the replacing the storm come first, making the wait actually 0.2+0.2s. So those breakpoints actually makes you wait 0.05sec after shard comes out to replace the Icestorm in case this is an issue.

This is assuming the boss doesn't move. When the boss moves, you need to put out new Icestorms at the new location of the boss. And if the boss is moving a lot, it could be better to just have max lvl CwC to make new storms as fast as possible.

And finally, PoB does not know how to calculate Icestorm dps, don't look at that stat. The number it gives is damage of one shard multiplied by how many Icestorms you put out per second. It does not understand that Icestorms stay spitting out shards. lvl16 CwC puts out Icestorm every 0.37s and lvl2 ACwC puts out storm every 0.33s. If the damage of a single shard is 100000 for example (Average hit in PoB), dps for CwC it shows is 100000/0.37 and for ACwC it is 100000/0.33.

Overall PoB dps (or average damage) should not be used to compare different builds. All it is good for is to see how much of an upgrade some piece of gear is to one build.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 1 jun. 2022 0:46:55
So generally, it might be good to have an awakened cwc(or a max level cwc) on hand for certain situations, but normally it would be better to stick to the lvl 15 because the math is funky and impossible to correctly calculate?
"
Ryserin escribió:
So generally, it might be good to have an awakened cwc(or a max level cwc) on hand for certain situations, but normally it would be better to stick to the lvl 15 because the math is funky and impossible to correctly calculate?

Yes. Or you could just go for max lvl since the effect is so minimal you are not gonna notice anything.
Is there a better alternative leveling experience?
Stormblast + Orb of Storms gets pretty boring if im being honest.
"
Ryserin escribió:

Not worth the hassle, it's mostly irrelevant these days. The math was done in older versions where we always used CwC and were trying to minmax every little fraction of DPS onto big immobile targets. Nowadays, since we're using the regular-cast weapon swap on most of those enemies, it matters even less than it did then.
Editado por útlima vez por Verdale en 1 jun. 2022 18:59:14

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional