[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
MalcontentBunny escribió:
Quick question -- does Elemental Damage with Attack Skills apply to CwC Icestorm for this build?

Not sure if that interaction works out at all.

No. Icestorm is a spell.
The build has obvious problems like that it is triggering ice storm with cwc which the point of that support is that you are using two 5l simultanously, but he is using cyclone, which he cant even hit with since he has no accuracy. He might as well just drop cyclone and self cast it since it does nothing for the build really. On top of that he is int stacking with a skill that has been subpar since its rework

There are other weird choices like why is he getting increased skill effect duration? Icestorm doesn't really scale with it
"
bard2000 escribió:
The build has obvious problems like that it is triggering ice storm with cwc which the point of that support is that you are using two 5l simultanously, but he is using cyclone, which he cant even hit with since he has no accuracy. He might as well just drop cyclone and self cast it since it does nothing for the build really. On top of that he is int stacking with a skill that has been subpar since its rework

There are other weird choices like why is he getting increased skill effect duration? Icestorm doesn't really scale with it

Arcane Surge.

And btw the build is really strong. I effortlessly cleared the Feared with it last season. The only drawback is the price, the gear is very expensive.
"
bard2000 escribió:

You probably shouldn't critique builds with such a limited amount of game knowledge.
Hi, I've been watching this build since MANY MANY leagues ago, too scared to try it out for lack of game knowledge.

This league I said fuck it, let's try. I figured I had enough game knowledge to make it work but I guess I didn't as I'm 2-2.5 ex deep into this one and hard stuck at T12 maps.

I can't seem to scale my int over 1600 without multiple ex worth of investment at this point and I'm at a loss entirely on how to become viable in T13+

Here's a snapshot from POB -- perhaps someone can tell me what I've done wrong...

https://pastebin.com/CiJrQrWx

Thanks in advance.
"
Reanmachine escribió:
Hi, I've been watching this build since MANY MANY leagues ago, too scared to try it out for lack of game knowledge.

This league I said fuck it, let's try. I figured I had enough game knowledge to make it work but I guess I didn't as I'm 2-2.5 ex deep into this one and hard stuck at T12 maps.

I can't seem to scale my int over 1600 without multiple ex worth of investment at this point and I'm at a loss entirely on how to become viable in T13+

Here's a snapshot from POB -- perhaps someone can tell me what I've done wrong...

https://pastebin.com/CiJrQrWx

Thanks in advance.

Im lvl 89 with 9.3k es and almost 2.1k int dancing through t16s. Looking at your tree it seems you didnt follow the pob quite right. You are missing a fertile mind on the right side of the tree, and you took some unnecessary passive wheels. you absolutely need 2 large clusters with cold to the core. By doing the fertile mind on the right side, you will adding more int to your build by a) pathing using just +10int nodes and b) having more nodes between your start and split personalities. Its a bit of a grind, but a synthesized %int belt with attribute qual is extremely worth it. You cand find 6-8% ones for around 100c-1ex.

Heres my pob for reference: https://pastebin.com/PhvyF5E0

Thanks for the build. I was looking for a Scion build and this is a lot of fun.

I'm not a POE expert, so I'm trying to understand how the curses work in this build.

I currently have a 4L with CWDT lvl 1 - Ball Lightning lvl 1 - Hextouch Support lvl 2 - Enfeeble lvl 1.

I know how CWDT works and I see that triggering. I also see the Ball Lightning going off. What I don't see is the Enfeeble. I can't tell if it's working or not. If I self-cast Enfeeble, I see the monsters get affected by it. I can also see the monsters get affected if I self-cast any of the trigger spells, Lightning Ball, Ice Nova and Frost Bomb. I don't see any such indication when it's triggered by CWDT.

Assuming it's working as intended, what about other possible delivery methods for the curse? The build indicates I can use a Phantasmal Wave of Conviction, which I don't have. But, what about Ice Nova or Frost Bomb? Do they work differently than the Frost Bolt? Hextouch indicates it supports all of those spells. Given the focus on cold damage, I wonder why a lightning spell is chosen for this job as opposed to a cold spell. I was thinking Ice Nova would have been good to curse a larger group of monsters at once than Ball Lightning.

Also, why should Ball Lightning be kept at lvl 1 when a higher level spell can still be cast by CWDT?

Thanks for any help understanding how this works.
Editado por útlima vez por wsmithjr02 en 30 may. 2022 4:27:55
"
wsmithjr02 escribió:

I'm not a POE expert, so I'm trying to understand how the curses work in this build.

I currently have a 4L with CWDT lvl 1 - Ball Lightning lvl 1 - Hextouch Support lvl 2 - Enfeeble lvl 1.

I know how CWDT works and I see that triggering. I also see the Ball Lightning going off. What I don't see is the Enfeeble. I can't tell if it's working or not. If I self-cast Enfeeble, I see the monsters get affected by it. I can also see the monsters get affected if I self-cast any of the trigger spells, Lightning Ball, Ice Nova and Frost Bomb. I don't see any such indication when it's triggered by CWDT.

Assuming it's working as intended, what about other possible delivery methods for the curse? The build indicates I can use a Phantasmal Wave of Conviction, which I don't have. But, what about Ice Nova or Frost Bomb? Do they work differently than the Frost Bolt? Hextouch indicates it supports all of those spells. Given the focus on cold damage, I wonder why a lightning spell is chosen for this job as opposed to a cold spell. I was thinking Ice Nova would have been good to curse a larger group of monsters at once than Ball Lightning.

Also, why should Ball Lightning be kept at lvl 1 when a higher level spell can still be cast by CWDT?

You need max lvl Hextouch and the curse gems. It will start working when gem is higher lvl.
"
wsmithjr02 escribió:

Right now, CwDT is trying to cast Enfeeble. You need to level Enfeeble so, that its level requirement is too high for CwDT to cast it.

Phantasmal Wave of Conviction is to apply Cold Exposure on enemies. Frost Bomb will also work if you don't have PWoC.

Ball Lightning is just a good method to deliver curse on hit. The damage it does is irrelevant, so it doesn't matter what type of damage it does. You could argue having lightning (or fire) is better than another cold in case you get map with Elemental Equilibrium, but that is such niche case it doesn't really matter. For this reason, the level of Ball Lightning only makes it cost more mana.
Thanks. It all makes sense now.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional