[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello i wanted to use this build but tried all the passive skill tree pastebin links on POB and kept getting error invalid tree link(unknown version '2854603596')
Hey Kelvynn do you still have the POB link to the Classic version? I think it was like to level 90 or something. I'd like to follow that til I can get clusters, but I don't have t saved in my POB.
Hey guys,

Liking the build so far. However, I can't figure out how the DPS is calculated in POB. The budget cluster pOB is showing that CwC Icestorm is only doing around 112k dps, but I know that can't be right. Is there a way to more accurately judge damage?
"
Cutlaz escribió:
Hey guys,

Liking the build so far. However, I can't figure out how the DPS is calculated in POB. The budget cluster pOB is showing that CwC Icestorm is only doing around 112k dps, but I know that can't be right. Is there a way to more accurately judge damage?

in PoB Average hit is damage per one shard. Total dps is average hit * number of storms you trigger per second. So if your cwc give 3 storms per second, dps is 3*average hit.

This is wrong, as you get more than one shard per storm. Since you can have max 5 storms, and each storm gives shard every 0.2 sec, you can calculate total dps is 25*Average hit. But because how storms spawn ad so on 24*AH is more close to what it really is.

This is of course assuming every shard of every storm hits. This depends on your increased(decreased aoe and enemy hit box size and how much they move, making it near impossible to calculate.

And of course this is for single target dps, each shard is aoe capable of hitting multiple targets.

Overall, you should not compare those numbers in PoB to other builds. It is good only to compare how much dps upgrade some items/skills are.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 16 may. 2022 1:26:56
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Cutlaz escribió:
Hey guys,

in PoB Average hit is damage per one shard. Total dps is average hit * number of storms you trigger per second. So if your cwc give 3 storms per second, dps is 3*average hit.

This is wrong, as you get more than one shard per storm. Since you can have max 5 storms, and each storm gives shard every 0.2 sec, you can calculate total dps is 25*Average hit. But because how storms spawn ad so on 24*AH is more close to what it really is.

This is of course assuming every shard of every storm hits. This depends on your increased(decreased aoe and enemy hit box size and how much they move, making it near impossible to calculate.

And of course this is for single target dps, each shard is aoe capable of hitting multiple targets.

Overall, you should not compare those numbers in PoB to other builds. It is good only to compare how much dps upgrade some items/skills are.

I see, thanks for that! So when making changes to the build e.g. allocating a 10 point intelligence node that would make a 1.2% increase in 'DPS', this change in damage to one shard can be generalized to increasing the overall dps of the build?
Heya! Been loving the build! Followed all your advice and have been cruising along having an awesome time and am just now approaching red maps and and gems reaching level 20. Other than CwC which you've said to keep at 15, should I be 20% qualing the other gems in my staff? (inspiration,arcane surge, ce, etc.) As well as generally any other gems?

Sorry for the fragmented question, basically just wondering how I should be progressing at this point.

P.S. Also, at level 84 is 4.3k ES okay? Res' are all capped and I have an Astramentis with Steelwood Stance so my block chance is 47% for atks and 30% for spells. Int is also at 1343
"
Cutlaz escribió:
I see, thanks for that! So when making changes to the build e.g. allocating a 10 point intelligence node that would make a 1.2% increase in 'DPS', this change in damage to one shard can be generalized to increasing the overall dps of the build?

Yes. If damage a shard does is increased by 1.2%, that means damage 1257048653 shards do is increased by 1.2% and so on. And since the Icestorm damage is so much higher than damage from other sources, you can practically count dps of other sources to be 0.

Only exception worth considering is Profane Bloom if you are playin witch.
Okay, for the Ascendant version of this build, would Mark of the Shaper be an option to help with consistent clearing? The 20% trigger on kill seems like it has a lot of base cold damage, and it's spell damage so it would be buffed by the int-based spell damage.

It would of course be an int loss, but just wondering if it would be an option. My experience so far seems that the damage is very decent, even with the very limited gear I have, but that AoE isn't that big and that clearing everything takes some time.

Edit: and an unrelated question. What is the reason for only levelling the CwC gem to level 15?
Editado por útlima vez por Epps en 16 may. 2022 16:20:14
You guys playing ascendant -- how tanky are you feeling?

Do you get consistently one shot at least once per map? Or do you just facetank sentinel-augmented mobs of blue and rares?

The witch version seems unusually squishy this league, so was wondering if that was uniform (due to the buffed magic and rares) or limited to the witch.

(I'll say my ascendant on Standard feels quite strong in T16 maps even with the new magic/rare mobs.)
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 16 may. 2022 16:49:57
Could someone please send/post me a link for the classic POB tree? As the only ones that I can find in the description are the cluster ones. Thanks

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional