[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

P.S. your comment from 3.17 occultist still applies, correct?

------------------

Another difference from the Ascendant is that you don't automatically create consecrated ground, therefore ES regen is too small to matter and Zealot's Oath is not worth a skill point. Ghost Reaver was changed in 3.16 to disable ES recharge. This leaves you with no way to recover ES out of combat. If you are not comfortable with this, don't take Ghost Reaver (but then you lose a lot of leech and need Light Eater). I recommend getting used to Ghost Reaver and not standing on burning ground, etc. It's not hard. You can also carry The Sorrow of the Divine flask as a 'heal'.

-------------------

So if you're lazy like me and want a lot of ES regen, might want to stick to Scion. I'd be interested in other commentary -- we have 20 hours to figure out the optimal choice here.
"
Graiaule escribió:
P.S. your comment from 3.17 occultist still applies, correct?

------------------

Another difference from the Ascendant is that you don't automatically create consecrated ground, therefore ES regen is too small to matter and Zealot's Oath is not worth a skill point. Ghost Reaver was changed in 3.16 to disable ES recharge. This leaves you with no way to recover ES out of combat. If you are not comfortable with this, don't take Ghost Reaver (but then you lose a lot of leech and need Light Eater). I recommend getting used to Ghost Reaver and not standing on burning ground, etc. It's not hard. You can also carry The Sorrow of the Divine flask as a 'heal'.

-------------------

So if you're lazy like me and want a lot of ES regen, might want to stick to Scion. I'd be interested in other commentary -- we have 20 hours to figure out the optimal choice here.

Occultist has no ES regen. It was only a minor inconvenience in 3.16 for me. Don't stand on burning ground out of combat. That's about it. I didn't even bother carrying the Sorrow flask.
Ah. So when you do the lab trials, you unallocate Ghost Reaver?

I confirmed my witch occultist on standard does not regen ES. I had not run witch since well before 3.16, which would explain my surprise.

So an interesting choice.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 12 may. 2022 23:34:34
"
Kelvynn escribió:
So anyway... After some thinking I looked at the Occultist version and it doesn't seem to be very broken. It can afford to spend 3 points and 1 craft on stun avoidance. Which may or may not be necessary because it's just for bosses (for clearing you can cyclone with ACwC and be immune). Not all bosses stun, and block/spell block will help too.

But the clear speed of Profane Bloom is so tempting. And none of the challenges really require the Ascendant. Some of them are very grindy, and that's where the clear speed will be very useful.

I think I'll go with the Occultist after all. Going to update that version soon.

Awesome!

So what do we gain from not going ascendant?
-60% curse immunity & 5% ES rege4n from perma consecrated ground
-base ES regen
-5 skill points, which can really help early on with the build once you're using the cluster version.

What do we gain from Occultist:
-Higher PoB damage, but I assume its on par with the loss of the 5 skill points and lack of templar starting node.
-Massive clear speed buff thanks to profane bloom
-Highly unlikely it will be worth the jewel sockets, but we can use forbidden jewels.

Did I miss anything? I remember you did the comparison before 3.17 released and came up to the conclusion occultist had more damage according to PoB.

Mind you for the uber bosses the loss of defenses might be noticable but I think none of that matters as you'll regen like a mad god anyway with leech and the es on hit watchers eye, however I wonder if we will lose the facetank ability and godhood status that we had this league.

We still need to see what scion gets from the new uber forbidden jewels.

I made friends with someone from this thread in 3.17 that rerolled scion to occultist because he couldn't handle the lack of clear speed, he said while clear was a different level he did feel the scion perks being gone such as the extra skill points and survivability.
he reached level 100 this league however.

Maybe you can get some ideas from what he did:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/archwerewolf/characters/
Character is Scarlet_whisp.
Editado por útlima vez por Firestrike9 en 13 may. 2022 3:13:15
"
Graiaule escribió:
Ah. So when you do the lab trials, you unallocate Ghost Reaver?

I confirmed my witch occultist on standard does not regen ES. I had not run witch since well before 3.16, which would explain my surprise.

So an interesting choice.

I don't recall the labs or trials giving me much trouble in 3.16. There are many things there that you can hit and leech.

Then again, I only do each lab 1 time. There is no reason to do it again.
Converted my Scion gear from last league into an occultist, mind you everything here is far from optimized, I'm not stun immune and I have mana issues with selfcasting that get me killed sometimes.

I tried to face tank as many mechanics as possible and play as sloppy as I can to test the tankyness.

Killed Sirus, Maven and Shaper and it was ok.

Removed the videos because I uploaded them on my real life account by mistake, so sorry but no gameplay :(
Overall looks like Occultist is just great, the damage difference is noticeable in favor of occultist.
Editado por útlima vez por Firestrike9 en 13 may. 2022 6:55:59
My current gear in standard. Spent some currency to min/max the gear. Sitting at 4165 int, 20k ES, chill/freze/shock immune, 4 cold to the core, 5 auras, wise oak balanced res. Can still get better helmet and amulet, will try to do it in future.

Editado por útlima vez por Akisailent en 13 may. 2022 11:58:54
Hello. Sorry, if this is a very stupid post, but i never run in to this problem with PoB. I download it from the link, what is in the guide, new build, paste the pastebin link to the right place, but it is invalid, becouse the ":" and "/" characters missing from the link. After that click Import from website option, it pastes the link correctly, but i have Response code:503 error. It hapens with any pastebin links. Someone can help me with this?
"
Dehogyde escribió:
Hello. Sorry, if this is a very stupid post, but i never run in to this problem with PoB. I download it from the link, what is in the guide, new build, paste the pastebin link to the right place, but it is invalid, becouse the ":" and "/" characters missing from the link. After that click Import from website option, it pastes the link correctly, but i have Response code:503 error. It hapens with any pastebin links. Someone can help me with this?

Error 503 means the issue is with Pastebin's servers, usually due to outage or maintenance.
Hehe. I just paste not the link, but the "long code", and it works fine. Sorry for the distraction.

I try this build in HC, wish me luck, i have 3k+ hours in the game, but i still a bad player :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional