[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule escribió:
"
Abbosss escribió:
Hi! sorry if this has been answered already, super noob here; just started last league.

Was browsing PoEBuilds for a fun cold build and found yours! Really want to try it and was wondering if this would be a good league starter? Or should I wait to build up some currency for key items like The Whispering Ice first?

P.S. My bad for not reading. I see you say that its a good league starter if you enjoy the gameplay (which i do!). But you do mention that it requires "cheap leveling uniques that wont be available for a few hours". What is the price range you're thinking they will be/the total price of a few pieces to get the build off the ground?

Thanks!

The cheap levelling uniques will be either 1c or 3-4 alchs each. Trust me, this hasn't changed in five-plus years. Also, you don't actually need them -- they're just a cheap substitute for good rares that will cost only a bit more.

Oh cool, thanks for the clarification, that's a bit of a relief. Sorry to be a bug but one last question.

So I know The Whispering Ice is CRUCIAL to the build, but I was perusing PoE trade and all the 6 sockets are going for at least 50c, at the end of a league :/ is that to be expected or am I being too picky looking for a staff?

Editado por útlima vez por Abbosss en 11 may. 2022 9:40:39
"
Zuzanne escribió:
Have you noticed that the spell has a fiery wind-up animation effect? I just reported this as a bug in-game. Is it happening to you too?

That's probably just your weapon effect. Icestorm does have a casting animation, but I'm not seeing anything fiery on my character.
Thanks for updating the build to 3.18. I particularly appreciated the link for the manufacture of armor, gloves, helmets. I will follow this guide for the next season. I can't wait to see how far my progress will go...

Merci d'avoir mis a jour le build pour la 3.18. J ai apprécié particulierement le lien pour le fabrication des armures, gants, casques.Je vais suivre ce guide pour la prochaine saison. J ai hate de voir jusqu ou ira ma progression...
"
Abbosss escribió:
So I know The Whispering Ice is CRUCIAL to the build, but I was perusing PoE trade and all the 6 sockets are going for at least 50c, at the end of a league :/ is that to be expected or am I being too picky looking for a staff?

You were probably looking for 6L, not 6S. You only need 1 link in the mapping staff and no links in the boss staf. Or maybe the market was completely dead at the end of the league.

Typically, just start leveling and check out the new league mechanic. Don't race to maps. Take time to kill most of the mobs. You will normally hit lv 33 somewhere near the end of Act 3 and find 1-2c by then. And that's just about when you can buy the staff for that currency. Don't need to care about the sockets. 4S is just fine for leveling, roll that yourself.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Abbosss escribió:

You were probably looking for 6L, not 6S. You only need 1 link in the mapping staff and no links in the boss staf. Or maybe the market was completely dead at the end of the league.

Typically, just start leveling and check out the new league mechanic. Don't race to maps. Take time to kill most of the mobs. You will normally hit lv 33 somewhere near the end of Act 3 and find 1-2c by then. And that's just about when you can buy the staff for that currency. Don't need to care about the sockets. 4S is just fine for leveling, roll that yourself.

Will do! Makes sense now that I think about it, I was kinda just trying to force my way through the acts, I didnt even notice until act 3 I hadn't linked Cont Destruction to my mines >.< and was just Kind of trying to blasting through them ASAP. Thanks for the info and quick responses. Can't wait until Friday!
Editado por útlima vez por Abbosss en 11 may. 2022 11:19:24
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Zuzanne escribió:
Have you noticed that the spell has a fiery wind-up animation effect? I just reported this as a bug in-game. Is it happening to you too?

That's probably just your weapon effect. Icestorm does have a casting animation, but I'm not seeing anything fiery on my character.

I thought it's the scourge weapon skin but nope, even without it I have the fire effect.
Editado por útlima vez por Zuzanne en 11 may. 2022 13:18:45
"
Zuzanne escribió:
I thought it's the scourge weapon skin but nope, even without it I have the fire effect.

Does it stay if you turn all auras off?
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Zuzanne escribió:

Yeah it's really weird... I unequipped everything, every mtx, just left an amulet to be able to use the skill. I also switched areas.

Editado por útlima vez por Zuzanne en 11 may. 2022 16:24:44
"
Zuzanne escribió:
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Zuzanne escribió:

Yeah it's really weird... I unequipped everything, every mtx, just left an amulet to be able to use the skill. I also switched areas.

Report it as a bug. Link your post in the bug report as you have all the info they need in it.
Given that every league I spend way too much time hunting down and putting in all of my gems, I finally figured out a format that encapsulates every gem the build needs.

See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFun4nVCapeyByRho2GXQKluZnlyC94O54pUMp1Rl6k/edit?usp=sharing

It's read only -- if you want to improve it, make a copy, edit, and then share.

I hope that helps a bit. (I normally try to have all of my gems in my gear by level 40 so they level up properly with me, with the exception of the chest 5L/6L gems.)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional