[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Gotta say I have the same opinion about the Challenges. Armour not really interesting to me and I dislike conditional boss challenges, ugh.
Probably asked a million times already, but how does ice storm dps interact with inc area of effect? I presume less the better overlap you get.
"
Kroohpyyh escribió:
Probably asked a million times already, but how does ice storm dps interact with inc area of effect? I presume less the better overlap you get.

Icestorm has 2 different areas. The area where the shards drop, and the area each shard does damage. Both of those are effected by increase/decrease to aoe. With decreased aoe, the storm covers less area, and all the shards drop on that area. So if you have a boss with big hitbox and little movement, you can easily get all the shards from storm to hit it. With increased aoe you cover more ground, but you will have less shards/storm to hit same target.

So for single target (boss) damage its better to have reduced aoe. For mapping, when most of the stuff dies with few hits, its can be better to have larger aoe.
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Kroohpyyh escribió:

Icestorm has 2 different areas. The area where the shards drop, and the area each shard does damage. Both of those are effected by increase/decrease to aoe. With decreased aoe, the storm covers less area, and all the shards drop on that area. So if you have a boss with big hitbox and little movement, you can easily get all the shards from storm to hit it. With increased aoe you cover more ground, but you will have less shards/storm to hit same target.

So for single target (boss) damage its better to have reduced aoe. For mapping, when most of the stuff dies with few hits, its can be better to have larger aoe.

Thanks, thought so as well as thats the interaction with just about all aoe skills with subsediary aoe hits.
Build updated for 3.18

Added all the good stuff that was experimental in 3.17. Single target self-cast setup is totally the way to go. Updated PoB, see Notes in them for more details. Clusters can be used as early as lv 71, i.e. switch as soon as you get 1 Large Cold CttC and 2 Splits Int/anything.
"
archwerewolf escribió:
hm for witch

interesting what for scion

Dunno if this build really needs more defenses :)
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Dunno if this build really needs more defenses :)

Atlas passive tree has new nodes just for that.

One that gives monsters in maps 25% more damage and 25% less health. And another that gives monsters 50% more life and 25% less damage. But that is for maps only.
Hi! sorry if this has been answered already, super noob here; just started last league.

Was browsing PoEBuilds for a fun cold build and found yours! Really want to try it and was wondering if this would be a good league starter? Or should I wait to build up some currency for key items like The Whispering Ice first?

P.S. My bad for not reading. I see you say that its a good league starter if you enjoy the gameplay (which i do!). But you do mention that it requires "cheap leveling uniques that wont be available for a few hours". What is the price range you're thinking they will be/the total price of a few pieces to get the build off the ground?

Thanks!
Editado por útlima vez por Abbosss en 10 may. 2022 18:00:21
"
Abbosss escribió:
Hi! sorry if this has been answered already, super noob here; just started last league.

Was browsing PoEBuilds for a fun cold build and found yours! Really want to try it and was wondering if this would be a good league starter? Or should I wait to build up some currency for key items like The Whispering Ice first?

P.S. My bad for not reading. I see you say that its a good league starter if you enjoy the gameplay (which i do!). But you do mention that it requires "cheap leveling uniques that wont be available for a few hours". What is the price range you're thinking they will be/the total price of a few pieces to get the build off the ground?

Thanks!

The cheap levelling uniques will be either 1c or 3-4 alchs each. Trust me, this hasn't changed in five-plus years. Also, you don't actually need them -- they're just a cheap substitute for good rares that will cost only a bit more.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 10 may. 2022 22:02:44
Have you noticed that the spell has a fiery wind-up animation effect? I just reported this as a bug in-game. Is it happening to you too?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional