[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
esostaks escribió:
Any feedback how is starting with this build on day 1 of a fresh League if the staff is not available? Really want to play this, but I'm afraid of screwing myself with the build and struggling with acts.

Also won't ES gear pretty expensive at the start of the League compared to the Life gear?

Not really, Ice Tomb is a GREAT chest to use until you can get ur hand on a 500-600 es chest and getting a 400-500 ES chest isn't very hard at all, a few fossils/essences and bam.
Editado por útlima vez por Firestrike9 en 8 may. 2022 5:00:42
how do you get decent ES armor? What species and fossils are used and in what order? In short, how do you make decent armor?

I use google translation.

de quel facon on obtient une armure ES convenable? Quels sont les essences et fossiles utilisées et dans quel ordre? Bref comment on se fabrique une armure décente?

J utilise google traduction.
"
ZiggZag escribió:
how do you get decent ES armor? What species and fossils are used and in what order? In short, how do you make decent armor?

Interesting, my previous post all in French got deleted. Trying again in English.

------------

The simplest way to do this is to buy a Vaal Regalia with reasonable ES and 2 open suffixes. Ilvl 75-79 works best. Make sure it has some INT, and no open prefixes.

Slam a Crusader Orb on it and hope you hit the ~35% chance for % increased intelligence.

Then craft 6% increased attributes, which you get from Hillock's Veil chests.

Remember, just a high ES chest alone is not really useful for us. We need INT, INT, and more INT.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 8 may. 2022 23:28:29
thank you for your reply

merci pour votre réponse
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
Soske escribió:

Freezing Pulse, Storm Brand, or Splitting Steel are some good ones.

Is that from personal experience?

I've used Freezing Pulse in many previous leagues, but it's slow. This upcoming league I was going to try Frost Bomb for trash and I suppose FP again if needed:

------------------
(frost bomb, freezing pulse) > arcane surge > added lightning > conc eff > elem focus (in order of priority, highest to lower)

Elem overload 40% more damage so take this early, as well as Ash, Frost, and Storm.

craft added cold/lightning/% incr spell damage as usual
-------------------

was the highest damage combo I was able to come up with. Take firestorm level 28 and replace freezing pulse. Go to WI at level 39.

I didn't take a look at physical attacks though. Yeah, I can't figure out how to do PoB to estimate Steel/Brand dps, so it'll just have to be in-game.

Going to try that. Tip on crafting the chest is helpfull too. Thank you.
@Koscigrob -- one thing. You need to cast frost bomb AHEAD of you, so the monsters chasing you hit it when it goes off.
Hello lovely people! I'm back for the Sentinel league. I finished everything in Archnemesis faster than in any league before and switched my attention to other things, so I've missed a whole lot of posts here. Not feeling like reading back everything, sorry. Let's just look at the new league.

No nerfs, buffs or any balance changes? That means this build will continue to rock as hard as before. I'll just look over the guide and see what needs to be added based on the experience in 3.17.

Archnemesis was a boss kill league. Single target focused Scion was perfect for that. Sentinel looks like a clear speed league. Occultist should fit it better. I'll see if I can adapt the Occultist guide.

Question for those who played Occultist in 3.17: how did you deal with the lack of stun immunity?
On the other hand, I've enjoyed being virtually unkillable as a Scion - something that the Occultist lacks. The biggest issue is stun immunity. And then the Scion also has 80% curse mitigation (because of the automatic consecrated ground + Yugul). Ignoring curses adds a decent amount of safety. And ES regen too (again from the consecrated ground).

So perhaps it's easier to just relax and enjoy a league with a fully developed build without having to work on it.

Are there any important useful additions for this build that were discovered since February?
Hey, welcome back, Kelvynn!

To answer your question, nothing that really seemed to stick changed (I kept up reading though I couldn't play this league.)
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 9 may. 2022 15:12:55
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Question for those who played Occultist in 3.17: how did you deal with the lack of stun immunity?

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Are there any important useful additions for this build that were discovered since February?

Lot of the discussion lately have been what are good skills to use for leveling.

For stuns, I started with Tolerance wheel. Plan was to get jewels with stun avoidance, but didn't have time to play to get there.

New items they showed during stream that might be interesting are Impossible Escape and new stuff Forbidden Flame/Flesh can give. They just haven't yet showed anything else than Nine Lives that is not that useful.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional