[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
beaster escribió:
How do you craft that amulet? I got lucky this league and found something similar for 15ex but I doubt that will happen next league.

Suffixes are achieved with an awakener orb, then you just have to suffixes cannot be changed and slams/chaos orb/etc or reforge keep suffixes harvest crafts.

It can get pretty expensive but cheaper than buying it usually.
livejamie
"
hellish1987 escribió:
Hi. I'm trying to follow the leveling instructions. I'm at level 20, using icicle mines, but it seems the damage is very bad (taking very long to kill bosses, dying multiple times etc.). Am I missing something? I would really like to get to level 30+ to start using the ice staff, but my leveling speed is so bad right now. Appreciate any advice you have. thanks!

"
Resosan escribió:
Well i decided to level with vaal spark and seismic trap, super comfy and fast imo, i even had them in use till i reached maps.
But just find a skill u like and which feel good for you. ))

"
Soske escribió:

Until you can use the staff, you can use whatever skill you're comfortable with. I'm not a fan of mine's gameplay, so I personally used Freezing Pulse w/LMP. Lancing Steel is a good leveling skill once you get used to it.

This is actually an interesting question -- what is the most overpowered set of spells/supports you can use to level up as a Scion until you hit level 39?

Also note at level 28 a lot of new damage spells are available.

I've usually done Freezing Pulse after I give up on trying to make mines work, and then I switch to Firestorm at 28 because I'm so tired of having to aim the freezing pulse.

I wonder how hard it would be to write a program that searches for the highest damage combination (given you have built a spell/cold damage passive tree.) I still feel there's something out there that will allow us to level as fast as minion or toxic rain builds...

I suspect the optimal answer will be a combination of a direct damage spell (for single target) and an aoe fire-and-forget spell (for trash.)

What are your suggestions? What has worked best for you?
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 18 abr. 2022 23:58:08
If you are twink-leveling, the fastest way to do it is probably Freezing Pulse into Frost Bomb +Freezing Pulse in a double-5-link +1 tabula, two +1 cold spells wands, with a spell totem in a 4-link for additional damage, and rush to one of the outer jewel sockets, then slot in hollow palm with astramentis, dex uniques, and dex conversion jewels while you set up your tree, then swap to WI whenever you feel comfortable.
@EF_Balduin -- I was thinking about the fastest way to level at league start, actually. Hollow palm requires a specific jewel I believe.
It does, and you won't have a tabula, 4-links, or +1 wands avaliable either :).

Frost Bomb is still a decent skill to start with, in act 2 you can swap to a fire-build - arma brand, flame wall and holy flame totems for damage, as they are all duration based so you can layer them over each other. That's what I usually do when leaguestarting WI.

Though the first levels are pain leaguestarting. Scion has terrible early passives avaliable. Once you have a 4 socket WI, everything's smooth sailing though, just gotta suffer through the first 3 acts :D
"
EF_Balduin escribió:
It does, and you won't have a tabula, 4-links, or +1 wands avaliable either :).

Correct.

"
EF_Balduin escribió:

Frost Bomb is still a decent skill to start with, in act 2 you can swap to a fire-build - arma brand, flame wall and holy flame totems for damage, as they are all duration based so you can layer them over each other. That's what I usually do when leaguestarting WI.

That doesn't make sense. Armageddon Brand is a level 28 gem which you get in act 3.

"
EF_Balduin escribió:

Though the first levels are pain leaguestarting. Scion has terrible early passives avaliable. Once you have a 4 socket WI, everything's smooth sailing though, just gotta suffer through the first 3 acts :D

Understood. I league-started a necro and a toxic rain in the previous leagues, and I was shocked at how much faster I was levelling up. So I really wanted to do my best to optimize my start for the next league.

I guess I just have to manually experiment using Path of Building until I find some subset of spell gems that works the best.
oddly enough before giving this build a true go, i league started as the exanguinate scion by tsunamikun on these forums. I had a lot of fun playing it but i just couldn't achieve enough damage for high red tier maps or end game bosses but i had enough currency to respec and get some basic gear which im still using the rings and gloves :(. Im not skilled enough to figure out how to craft gloves and there simply isn't int/es/res options on console so im just spite and woe slamming hoping to get lucky lol.

I like this build a lot and may do something similar again next league because exsanguinate was a blast to play through the acts and early mapping especially once you get chain.

Editado por útlima vez por X Cholik X en 20 abr. 2022 20:23:21
"
Graiaule escribió:

I guess I just have to manually experiment using Path of Building until I find some subset of spell gems that works the best.

Leveling speed, at least on those who speed to maps (in my experience), is more dependant of movespeed than damage. Kill enough stuff to keep your level to not fall behind area level and just run to next level.
So I tried Uber elder and maven for the first time with this build using self casting and lost unfortunately. I’m not sure I can handle those without the maneuverability of cyclone but at the same time I feel I don’t really do enough damage with the cyclone boss staff for the big bosses. I have 7.2k es and around 2.1k int I feel like as far as those two I should have enough dps. Now granted this was my first time ever with maven and the last time I did Uber elder was 3.9 so I may just be to rusty on the mechanic portion lol.
Lol Sentinel....battle pet ? xD

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional