[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
StepT escribió:
Did some progress after not being to play for the past week, and I don't understand why my Elemental Weakness doesn't trigger.

The weird thing is that it doesn't trigger even if it's the only socketed curse in the CWDT setup, while Enfeeble and Frostbite work fine.

Here's my chest:

And this is my tree: link

What am I doing wrong?

Your elemental weakness is being triggered by CwDT... because its lvl5... just buy a lvl 20 ele weakness and it will work fine
"
Hungriger_Hu escribió:

So dropping Enfeeble and in my case also Elemental Proliferation (for Arcane Surge) would make me less tanky, as I would loose 15% dmg reduction on cursed rare and unique mobs and also some chance to freeze?

Is this a somewhat major impact or are other layers of defense in this build strong enough to make it not noticable?

Using the setup, you must use Arcane Surge linked with Vortex, so you'll have one free link on staff and you dont need to drop Elemental Prolif.

Replacing Enfeeble with Flammability, for sure reduce the tankness of the build. But since you have a high ES pool (10k or more) and running with block nodes its safe.

My idea with this setup was to have a constant dmg output for mapping or bossing.
I made lots of tests, and found that Controlled destroction make Elemental Overload be a luck damage factor on bosses so, use both is useless "to me". Maybe with mirror worth itens you barely feel... but its not the case for the majority of players.

I use the same tree/itens as the core build setup, the only diff is the links and one aura (zealotry instead of hatred).

Its cheap to tryout.

PS.: remember, to try this setup, the arcane surge must be lvl11, so every 3 vortex casts it's triggered, hold the button down, and you have AS buff all the time!
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 20 mar. 2022 14:17:13
"
whiterockxx escribió:
"
Hungriger_Hu escribió:

So dropping Enfeeble and in my case also Elemental Proliferation (for Arcane Surge) would make me less tanky, as I would loose 15% dmg reduction on cursed rare and unique mobs and also some chance to freeze?

Is this a somewhat major impact or are other layers of defense in this build strong enough to make it not noticable?

Using the setup, you must use Arcane Surge linked with Vortex, so you'll have one free link on staff and you dont need to drop Elemental Prolif.

Replacing Enfeeble with Flammability, for sure reduce the tankness of the build. But since you have a high ES pool (10k or more) and running with block nodes its safe.

My idea with this setup was to have a constant dmg output for mapping or bossing.
I made lots of tests, and found that Controlled destroction make Elemental Overload be a luck damage factor on bosses so, use both is useless "to me". Maybe with mirror worth itens you barely feel... but its not the case for the majority of players.

I use the same tree/itens as the core build setup, the only diff is the links and one aura (zealotry instead of hatred).

Its cheap to tryout.

PS.: remember, to try this setup, the arcane surge must be lvl11, so every 3 vortex casts it's triggered, hold the button down, and you have AS buff all the time!

thanks for the reply!

i have elemental prolif linked to vortex as well (had a free blue socket). this is where my arcane surge will go to.

I am looking forward to try this variant!
Editado por útlima vez por Hungriger_Hu en 20 mar. 2022 14:22:31
If nothing changes on next patch, I'll probably start with this setup.
With low budget itens i think this setup could perform very well in terms of DPS, to progress fast on atlas and start doing endgame content early, where is wealth to buy mirror tier gear come from without need to count on luck.
"
whiterockxx escribió:
If nothing changes on next patch, I'll probably start with this setup.
With low budget itens i think this setup could perform very well in terms of DPS, to progress fast on atlas and start doing endgame content early, where is wealth to buy mirror tier gear come from without need to count on luck.

what? That the mirrors do not fall out randomly? I think my colleague's imagination took hold. But I wish you the best :)
I think you don't get the idea.
What i mean is if you buy your itens on 1st or 2nd week after start, you'll expend maybe 20-30 exalts on full build capable to do all endgame content easily. Later in the league you'll pay 30 exalts just on a good chest.

Faster you gear up cheap it is. So you dont need to count on luck or mindless hors farming.
"
whiterockxx escribió:
What i mean is if you buy your itens on 1st or 2nd week after start, you'll expend maybe 20-30 exalts on full build capable to do all endgame content easily. Later in the league you'll pay 30 exalts just on a good chest.

Faster you gear up cheap it is. So you dont need to count on luck or mindless hors farming.

That exact what i did this league. I had enought time at start of league and bought a chest for 1 ex i did with chaos recipe and sold this chest for 14 ex 2 weeks later. So i bought now 70 ex gear with nearly 18 ex. Then i was good geared and found a mageblood :-).

So buying in early league is really cheap also not so much people AND flipper are looking for the items. Later on much more flipper see the benefit to buy watchers eye or high int items and the price gos up as hell.
"
whiterockxx escribió:

You know it was just a joke. I think I know this idea, it is about coca-cola and potty under the armchair (no life) and playing in a group where everyone has set goals and one of the players is an auro bot, then you get 100 level after day 4.
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
"
whiterockxx escribió:

So buying in early league is really cheap

it is even cheaper to buy on HC
Ok. My time has come with "swarm intelligence" question.
I assume that my char is set to public and dear gurus here may take a look on it.
Feedback is appreciated on
a) what is wrong with current setup (treed/jewels/whatever) if any
b) what are the next steps (priority) to move forward with Passive Skills and equip.

So far my plan is:

Passives:
Level up to 97 (2 levels) and invest two skill points into "empty" and "Cold to Core" nodes of my megalomaniac on the right. Levels 98-100 sounds for me quite unrealistic and I don't even plan what I am going to do with those 3 points :)

My current plan with Equip Priorities:

0) Prio 0 while I don't need any investments here, just my time and some luck.
- Level up my existing gems
- find in groove weapon enchant (twice - for mapping and boss staffs. my current boss staff has already enchant and 28% quality, I got another one with 12% cast speed and 30% quality, therefore second enchant it for that one, but It is really nice to have I believe)
- 2/3 times brought Syndicate Hilloc to Transportation Captain rank for 30% Helm/Chest/gloves.
- find reroll prefix with luck and use it for Helm prefix optimisation.

1) Do something with gloves ( buy/craft) to have 50+ Int and good resistance mode there, not loosing 200+ ES.
2) Craft chest. I got influenced Chest already and tried alt spam (500+), Spite spam (50+), going to try Fossil craft with 3 fossils (theoretically must give me required result in 23 tries :) , but need to find some chaos (en mass) first , to sponsor that try.
3) I got one non unique jewel in passive tree now, to keep Str over Dev. I know it isn't best one. Going to replace it with more suitable one after I am ready with gloves/chest to understand what I miss.
4) Large cluster jewel on the left has only cloud to core and I know that it is better to have cloud to core and blanketed snow. Price for such Jewel in Standard is quite Ufff. Therefore I am only checking for some random cheap options ( if any) , but I believe it make sense to invest there after I ding 97 or so.
5) amulet, belt, rings. Seems like in Standard find/craft a good replacement for my existing will cost me a fortune. So far it is somewhere in very future plans ( or being lucky with the drop).

?) Gems. I believe that I got almost everything even out of "Ideally" list of original Guide. Leveling up to 20 recent purchases/brought to 20% Quality gems. If there is something wrong with what I got already/what might be really meaningful out of "Ideal options" that are still not there - will be glad to hear.
finally happy with my build. Got it to lvl 99 in league

i'll paste my PoB but i think it's wrong for some reason ( i have 15.3k es, not 14.9k )

https://pastebin.com/SdcbmHRy

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional