[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Twelvepack escribió:
Any advice on how to craft the chest? I have a crusader armor with 30% quality and ive spammed like 500 chaos and got maybe 3 potentials that ended up being crap. I tried using fossils with fundamental and dense etc and nothing. I tried alt spamming as well and regal and just nothing is happening. There has to be a better way or is it just all rng on it. Im not rich ive only got 11 exalts so buying one is out of the question.

buy a Vaal Regalia Item Level 75-79, span Deafening Essence of Spite until have a decente ES with 2 free suffix, if rolled with only one suffix you can try luck on annulment orb.

After have a nice ES chest, with 50+ int and NO free preffix but 2 open suffix, buy a crusader exalted orb and slan on it... you have 50% chance to hit %int

after that just craft 6% attributes on it.

craft 5 or 6 sockets/ links om harvest, then your done.

i think this is the cheapest way... will expend about 3-5 ex each try.
If i want to do more damage via a jewel, what would be the best option?

i was thinking these stats

INTELLIGENCE
INTEL STR OR DEX
INCREASED AREA DAMAGE

Any opinions?

I WAS going to use another brute force gem, but where the jewel is going to be situated, there are no str nodes to use atm until i level higher

My PoB

https://pastebin.com/wB9Xztbf
"
Sarclol escribió:
"
StepT escribió:
EDIT: just to make things clearer, what I'm asking is if switching to the cluster jewel setup should be prioritized over getting all the +#% int gear that I'm missing.

Clusters are going to be a bit cheaper than the %int gear. The Cold to the Core and Blanketed Snow double passive versions are only 1-2ex normally, and a bit more if there's added Int on the small passives.

I imported your POB and I want to point out a few things that might help.

First, you have 3 split personality jewels - the cap is two. You have two in your left cluster, and one in the center of the tree above the Witch starting area. The game will prioritize the closest two to the start of your tree, so you're missing some Int and ES there. You can slap a cheap Abyss jewel with Int and either Dex/Int or Strength/Int and some flat ES into that center spot until you get a stronger jewel, like a Watcher's Eye or something.

Second, on your leftmost large cluster, you can drop Deep Chill. The reason for this is, first and foremost, that cold dot multi doesn't do anything for us outside of a small damage boost on Vortex, which isn't why we use Vortex; and secondly, because breaking the full circle on that cluster will give you an extra 3 nodes for the path to your second Split Personality jewel, which gives you an additional 75% increased effect of the jewel for some extra Int and ES.

Third, you can also drop Cold Blooded Killer from the rightmost cluster. You can use the two points you save to grab something like Deep Thoughts on the tree. It's not imperative to grab every node on a cluster. Only grab them if they benefit you. Likewise, it's not imperative to grab a cluster with 3 notables - the most important is Cold to the Core, followed by Blanketed Snow.

Fourth, you can use the new Eldritch currency to roll the 12% spell damage implicit on your gloves into 15% chance to Unnerve on hit (Searing Exarch Implicit) and 3% damage per 100 Int (Eater of Worlds Implicit). You can use the cheapest versions for this, it should be pretty cheap overall to get, and will give you a much higher benefit over the spell damage.

That's just a few quick things you can do for now.

Thank you for the pointers.
I think I had some issues in the PoB as I never had 3 Split Personality jewels in my build (just bought 2).

This should be the correct one: https://pastebin.com/7LSP8GhT

The reason why I went with 3 notables jewels is to avoid needing 1 extra passive to get to the notables that I want.
Unfortunately, when I bought them, getting Cold to the Core and Blanketed Snow was too expensive for me.

I saw that they are around 3ex now (with a random third notable), but the DPS increase is just a little bit more than 1% so I don't think it's worth doing the change now.

About the gloves, I'm actually confused on what to do. I tried with Eldritch currency with no luck (on craftofexile I got them with my very first 2 orbs...) so I need a while to get some currency back, but I was wondering about the synth gloves to get the +%int implicit, as in the following quote.

"
Eag1e escribió:
"
RoCKeTs escribió:
"
StepT escribió:
What advices do you have on that?

Look for %int on implicit and not explicit, you will find plenty of them.

Buy the inc int % explicit in league though. Simple reason....

League price ( mine cost me 2 ex )

Similar in Standard will set you back around 100ex roughly

However I'm not able to find them, or at least not at that 2ex price.
(sidenote: the cheapest one is available for 10ex and Eag1e is the one selling them)

For that price I can get a ring that gives me a 10% DPS increase while the gloves give me just a 4% boost, so maybe getting a new ring for the secondary slot is a better option?
For that price I can get a ring that gives me a 10% DPS increase while the gloves give me just a 4% boost, so maybe getting a new ring for the secondary slot is a better option?[/quote]

yeah, i meant to say rings, not gloves, my bad.

I brought mine at start of league roughly, so 2ex WAS the going price at the time for the gloves

belt with the int % implicit is also useful
I am really missing something regarding exposure... I was wondering if adding Elementalist with Forbidden unique jewells would be cool or not and it brang up some questions.

Courently I am still using Frost Bomb and it's not exposure application is indeed shit as I am not very often near bosses. I am also playing on PlayStation so character control and the way the skills work could be slightly encumbered compared to PC. Anyways to the point.. wave of conviction.

So from the information I gathered below:

4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Frost Bomb lv 1
Eventually replace Frost Bomb with Phantasmal Wave of Conviction 20q for a more efficient application of Cold Exposure (note that it must be Phantasmal and 20q).
Do not place this link into the item with Aspect of the Spider. ID will increase its mana reservation!

Base duration is 0.5 seconds
Deals (35-1057) to (52-1585) Physical Damage
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage
Base secondary duration is 4 seconds
Exposure applies -15% to Elemental Resistance matching highest Damage taken
(0-38)% increased Skill Effect Duration

Exposure: The Exposure-Type depends on the most damage the enemy took after mitigation. For Example: If Wave of Convition deals 100 Fire Damage and 50 Lightning Damage on the tooltip and the enemy has 75% Fire Resistance and 0% Lighting Resistance he will take 25 Fire Damage and 50 Lightning Damage so Lightning Exposure is applied. This makes inflicting Fire-Exposure in Ignite Builds inconsistant if a rare enemy is only resistant against Fire Damage.

tl/dr.: my question is how on earth wave of conviction applies cold exposure if it doesn't even deal cold damage?
"
StepT escribió:
The reason why I went with 3 notables jewels is to avoid needing 1 extra passive to get to the notables that I want.
Unfortunately, when I bought them, getting Cold to the Core and Blanketed Snow was too expensive for me.

I saw that they are around 3ex now (with a random third notable), but the DPS increase is just a little bit more than 1% so I don't think it's worth doing the change now.

It should be quite a bit more with Blanketed Snow. If I import your POB and swap to jewels with Cold and Blanketed (no 3rd notable), you go from ~81k to 92k damage.

The reason that the third notable is isn't necessary is because notables on cluster jewels appear in a predetermined order. In this set order, Blanketed Snow and Cold to the Core appear immediately next to each other. That means there is no opportunity for another passive to be between them, and one of them will ALWAYS be positioned at the top of the cluster jewel, regardless of the other passives on the jewel. It takes 5 passives to collect these notables, and since you want both of these notables anyway, it will be two additional passive points to pick up the second jewel socket regardless of what direction you take to get there - it will always take 7 passives to get both Cold to the Core and Blanketed Snow alongside both jewel sockets. There is no way around this just because of how clusters work.

So, the third notable is weighed against the small passive node of 12% increased cold damage and whatever other passives you gain. More importantly, though, it needs to make sense from a currency perspective.

For example, I have this jewel:

In my case, if I were to pick up Widespread Destruction over 12% cold damage (not including the int), it's only 1500 more damage when my total average damage is 550k - hardly worth mentioning for the extra 2-3ex this might cost. However, if you add the int in, that small notable is suddenly 800 more damage. Again it's hardly worth mentioning, but it's going to be much cheaper to grab a jewel with int on it than a 3rd notable - and you end up getting a higher damage number.

"
StepT escribió:
About the gloves, I'm actually confused on what to do.

/snip

For that price I can get a ring that gives me a 10% DPS increase while the gloves give me just a 4% boost, so maybe getting a new ring for the secondary slot is a better option?

Using the earlier numbers, adding 3% damage per int and Unnerve on your gloves brings your damage up to just under 100k.

In contrast finding gloves with 5% int brings you to 96.2k, and no Unnerve.

Both of these scale with int, but the Eldritch mods scale better. On my own gloves, if I were to swap to 5% int, I lose 40k damage.

I believe Eldritch gloves make more sense both from a mathematical and financial perspective. It should be relatively inexpensive (with mediocre luck) to roll those implicits and you might still have enough currency left over to afford another upgrade as well!

Also in your POB, set your Bonechill effectiveness to at least 10%. If an enemy is chilled it will be for 10% minimum. On bosses it's more realistically 15% if they're chilling (lol) in your Vortex.

Also also, you can swap to full self-cast on your boss staff and get 2 more support gems (cold pen/intensify) worth of damage if you're comfortable. You can get used to it on map bosses, but it really shines on conquerors, guardians, and end bosses.
"
Teebeeborg escribió:
tl/dr.: my question is how on earth wave of conviction applies cold exposure if it doesn't even deal cold damage?

Phantasmal Wave of Conviction gains 1% of physical damage dealt as cold per quality. At 20% quality, this is 20% phys to cold and with our additional cold damage/cold pen, it deals significantly more cold than fire or lightning and thus applies the exposure.

The key is it needs to be Phantasmal. Regular or other alternate qualities of Wave of Conviction don't do this.
"
Sarclol escribió:
"
StepT escribió:

It should be quite a bit more with Blanketed Snow. If I import your POB and swap to jewels with Cold and Blanketed (no 3rd notable), you go from ~81k to 92k damage.

The reason that the third notable is isn't necessary is because notables on cluster jewels appear in a predetermined order. In this set order, Blanketed Snow and Cold to the Core appear immediately next to each other. That means there is no opportunity for another passive to be between them, and one of them will ALWAYS be positioned at the top of the cluster jewel, regardless of the other passives on the jewel. It takes 5 passives to collect these notables, and since you want both of these notables anyway, it will be two additional passive points to pick up the second jewel socket regardless of what direction you take to get there - it will always take 7 passives to get both Cold to the Core and Blanketed Snow alongside both jewel sockets. There is no way around this just because of how clusters work.

So, the third notable is weighed against the small passive node of 12% increased cold damage and whatever other passives you gain. More importantly, though, it needs to make sense from a currency perspective.

For example, I have this jewel:

In my case, if I were to pick up Widespread Destruction over 12% cold damage (not including the int), it's only 1500 more damage when my total average damage is 550k - hardly worth mentioning for the extra 2-3ex this might cost. However, if you add the int in, that small notable is suddenly 800 more damage. Again it's hardly worth mentioning, but it's going to be much cheaper to grab a jewel with int on it than a 3rd notable - and you end up getting a higher damage number.

"
StepT escribió:
About the gloves, I'm actually confused on what to do.

/snip

Using the earlier numbers, adding 3% damage per int and Unnerve on your gloves brings your damage up to just under 100k.

In contrast finding gloves with 5% int brings you to 96.2k, and no Unnerve.

Both of these scale with int, but the Eldritch mods scale better. On my own gloves, if I were to swap to 5% int, I lose 40k damage.

I believe Eldritch gloves make more sense both from a mathematical and financial perspective. It should be relatively inexpensive (with mediocre luck) to roll those implicits and you might still have enough currency left over to afford another upgrade as well!

Also in your POB, set your Bonechill effectiveness to at least 10%. If an enemy is chilled it will be for 10% minimum. On bosses it's more realistically 15% if they're chilling (lol) in your Vortex.

Also also, you can swap to full self-cast on your boss staff and get 2 more support gems (cold pen/intensify) worth of damage if you're comfortable. You can get used to it on map bosses, but it really shines on conquerors, guardians, and end bosses.

Thanks for the detailed answer.

Before getting to your points, however, there's something that I don't get.
My PoB shows 200k for mapping setup and 300k for bossing one (I'm using self-cast but my reference PoB uses channeling so I'm using this on PoB just for comparison's sake), so why do you say it's around 90k?

With my values, swapping the jewel only adds 2k damage, that's why I didn't go for it.

Here's an updated PoB with the new ring that I got: https://pastebin.com/cjNFhyGs
I'm just looking at a different value - average hit. I believe you're looking at total damage. Both are fine, total just assumes something stands in the entire storm.

With suggestions from earlier, this is what POB shows:

Starting: 94890 hit / 316302 total
Adding 2 Blanketed/Cold to the Core clusters: 108540 hit / 361800 total
Adding Unnerve and 3% Damage per Int to gloves: 122073 hit / 406912 total
"
Sarclol escribió:
I'm just looking at a different value - average hit. I believe you're looking at total damage. Both are fine, total just assumes something stands in the entire storm.

With suggestions from earlier, this is what POB shows:

Starting: 94890 hit / 316302 total
Adding 2 Blanketed/Cold to the Core clusters: 108540 hit / 361800 total
Adding Unnerve and 3% Damage per Int to gloves: 122073 hit / 406912 total

Can i ask how you came up with them numbers? as trying to work out if my numbers are decent is all as just changed a few things

Not used to these types of builds as normally play minion builds

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional