[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Well not very lucky...3 times same mode from crus slam..and it's not %int xD
"
Graiaule escribió:

Found it -- Kelvynn's tree has Consecrated Ground enabled, mine didn't, since I don't have Bottled Faith. LOL, I've never had that, so didn't realize the extra regen it gave.

Ascendant Inquisitor makes you drop consecrated ground automatically, and the effects last for 4 sec after you leave it. For all intents and purposes, the Ascendant is always on consecrated ground while fighting.
"
livejamie escribió:
How's the buff feel? Is that build better than it used to be? Close to pre-nerf levels?

So far it feels the same as before. Super easy, moderately powerful, and very tanky.

The nerf to CwC and the buff to the base damage pretty much cancel each other. We get a 5% damage buff as a result.

Self-casting setup is yet to be tested. It's not really worth using at low Int (probably before 1800-2000 Int) because the Icestorm duration vs its cast speed don't let you stack 5 storms. Technically, you don't need to stack all 5 to get higher damage because self-casting already triples your damage.

Or maybe it's worth spending 3 points on Potency of Will.

But I haven't found a target worth using it yet. I'm still in low maps. Everything here dies to the CwC boss setup almost instantly.

Maybe in the higher tiers and the new endgame. We'll see. But at the start don't bother with self-casting yet.
"
archwerewolf escribió:
Well not very lucky...3 times same mode from crus slam..and it's not %int xD

Wait... it's been 3 days and you still haven't found a mirror?? Shame on you, sir! )))
About Forbidden Flesh/Flame...

From what I see, the Ascendant can get any Ascendant tree node corresponding to a class, i.e. Occultist, Elementalist, Necromancer, Inquisitor, Hierophant, etc etc any of the 18 class nodes.

I'm not sure if another Witch or Templar node will actually work. Technically it should, but the description says that you can only allocate one in each class. Forbidden jewels may or may not override that rule. Need a confirmation.

But anyway, what looks useful:

1. Raider! Movement speed doesn't matter with The Stampede. Cast speed will matter for self-casting. Phasing is nice. 20% Suppress chance is nice. Frenzy charges are awesome! If it works the way I think, you will always have 3 frenzy charges, i.e. 15% MORE damage, against a boss.

This may also let us drop the Spell Block nodes and get more Int from the tree. Spell Block (Safeguard) was added late in the 3.16 league specifically for the 10-boss invitations and the ultimate fights such as The Feared. Almost everything the endgame bosses do is tagged as spells. Trading some Int for Safeguard made a HUGE difference: from getting 1-shot early to facetanking The Feared All At Once. But with Suppress from Raider (and maybe a crafted Suppress mod or two) maybe we won't need Safeguard anymore.

2. Elementalist (if it works). -20% cold debuff. Similar to the Occultist version. It's like getting a free Cold Pen support gem.

3. Trickster. ~10% added damage as chaos. An extra Atziri's Promise for free.

4. Berserker. 15% MORE damage. At the price of taking 5% more damage. But we don't get hit very often, thanks to Block.

I'm not sure if Elementalist or Trickster will give you more damage than you can get from 2 jewels (or just more Int). But Raider looks very nice. And Berserker may be viable too.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 7 feb. 2022 14:41:39
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Thyariol escribió:
Are the POBs really updated? POB shows always game version 3.16 and the tee doesn't show any changes.

3.17 was not available in PoB until after the league launch.

I don't see any differences in the 3.17 tree whatsoever. Nothing that affects this build anyway.

Oh shit! Looks like I failed to update the Classic version! My bad. Working on that now.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

So far it feels the same as before. Super easy, moderately powerful, and very tanky.

The nerf to CwC and the buff to the base damage pretty much cancel each other. We get a 5% damage buff as a result.

Self-casting setup is yet to be tested. It's not really worth using at low Int (probably before 1800-2000 Int) because the Icestorm duration vs its cast speed don't let you stack 5 storms. Technically, you don't need to stack all 5 to get higher damage because self-casting already triples your damage.

Or maybe it's worth spending 3 points on Potency of Will.

But I haven't found a target worth using it yet. I'm still in low maps. Everything here dies to the CwC boss setup almost instantly.

Maybe in the higher tiers and the new endgame. We'll see. But at the start don't bother with self-casting yet.

personally selfcast still sucks, after our nerf by gutting fortify + blind + storms cap... only block stay and still it's not 100% def from oneshots sometimes and we are like melee but without tons of armor/evasion or smth else)

yeah mb in gucci gear you can try selfcast in for ex in simulacrum bosses but meh...you need gucci gear to feel big difference between cwc-selfcast

Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 7 feb. 2022 15:30:01
"
Kelvynn escribió:
About Forbidden Flesh/Flame...

Spoiler
From what I see, the Ascendant can get any Ascendant tree node corresponding to a class, i.e. Occultist, Elementalist, Necromancer, Inquisitor, Hierophant, etc etc any of the 18 class nodes.

I'm not sure if another Witch or Templar node will actually work. Technically it should, but the description says that you can only allocate one in each class. Forbidden jewels may or may not override that rule. Need a confirmation.

But anyway, what looks useful:

1. Raider! Movement speed doesn't matter with The Stampede. Cast speed will matter for self-casting. Phasing is nice. 20% Suppress chance is nice. Frenzy charges are awesome! If it works the way I think, you will always have 3 frenzy charges, i.e. 15% MORE damage, against a boss.

This may also let us drop the Spell Block nodes and get more Int from the tree. Spell Block (Safeguard) was added late in the 3.16 league specifically for the 10-boss invitations and the ultimate fights such as The Feared. Almost everything the endgame bosses do is tagged as spells. Trading some Int for Safeguard made a HUGE difference: from getting 1-shot early to facetanking The Feared All At Once. But with Suppress from Raider (and maybe a crafted Suppress mod or two) maybe we won't need Safeguard anymore.

Spoiler
2. Elementalist (if it works). -20% cold debuff. Similar to the Occultist version. It's like getting a free Cold Pen support gem.

3. Trickster. ~10% added damage as chaos. An extra Atziri's Promise for free.

4. Berserker. 15% MORE damage. At the price of taking 5% more damage. But we don't get hit very often, thanks to Block.

I'm not sure if Elementalist or Trickster will give you more damage than you can get from 2 jewels (or just more Int). But Raider looks very nice. And Berserker may be viable too.

If you go self cast, for bossing or just in general (you can have a pair of bossing boots for that btw) - Raider is probably the best one. Remember that you also get free Onslaught.. an additional +20% movement speed & cast speed on top of the +10% ms already there AND the cast speed per frenzy charge). That would be super nice QoL, make you faster and trivialize hard boss fights. As for spell suppression... The Ascendant can path to Magebane, through Reflexes and that would net 46% spell suppression - or 58% if you grab all the small passives in that wheel. Sadly... there is no easy way to get 100% for an ES based build.

Regarding Berserker... if you use Cyclone CwC you can generate Rage and put in a Divergent Berserk (the one with % MORE spell dmg). Probably a really fun version to play too with all the extra temporary movement speed boost and a lot of boost dps.

There's also an option of respeccing into crit if you get the assassin notable. However, this one has pretty meh stats. But the base crit would enable you to potentially use Herald of Ice to proliferate explosions for clearing.
Leveling and Classic PoB updated to 3.17

Somehow the 3.17 Classic version PoB update didn't get posted when I updated the build before the launch. Fixed now. Get those Block nodes! They are amazing. And anoint Steelwood Stance.

Also converted the leveling PoB to 3.17 and fixed the final tree for that to include Block. Note that you don't need Sovereignty until you obtain Aspect of the Spider. During leveling mana is fine with the Masteries for Discipline and Clarity MRE.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Leveling and Classic PoB updated to 3.17

Somehow the 3.17 Classic version PoB update didn't get posted when I updated the build before the launch. Fixed now. Get those Block nodes! They are amazing. And anoint Steelwood Stance.

Also converted the leveling PoB to 3.17 and fixed the final tree for that to include Block. Note that you don't need Sovereignty until you obtain Aspect of the Spider. During leveling mana is fine with the Masteries for Discipline and Clarity MRE.

If you can handle the slightly lower maximum mana it's actually better to take Influence on the right side for the aura cluster and keep the Discipline reudction mastery. It costs the same amount of points (5) but you get more aura boost from it. Though you end up with slightly lower unreserved mana though for planning out in getting it myself it's still more than enough to not have mana issues so it comes out to just being more all-res and ES using that cluster.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional