[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

well still if it's drop rate gona be like voices with 1 zero slot...and you need 2 with same node...and not only you want you...it's gona cost too much)
Chris if i remember correctly say that it's gona be rare drop no?
"
archwerewolf escribió:
well still if it's drop rate gona be like voices with 1 zero slot...and you need 2 with same node...and not only you want you...it's gona cost too much)
Chris if i remember correctly say that it's gona be rare drop no?

I think its more like there is like 160 different ones, so getting the one you want as drop would be super rare. So you need to buy them. And maybe sell the once you get.

So it is more like finding Watcher's Eye with mods you want.
And here comes a newbie with his questions right in the middle of upcoming changes discussion :)

First of all I would like to say BIG THANK YOU to Kelvynn for his enormous hard work to support that build development for such a long time !

As well special Kudos for those players ( sorry, I got bad memory for names) who are regularly participating in brainstorming with Kelvynn/share their own throughs /and support an army of newbies with their questions here !

I know that with upcoming changes it is hard to say exactly how the build should change, but it will be great if community may help me with my questions "as per current state".

1) Cluster version questions:

- Split personality with Int/energy shield is "a must" or I may start with Int/smth and when I will be able to farm 2x10 Ex switch to Int/Energy shield version ?
If it is ok to start with Int/smth - what is the most optimal "smth" for us ?

- Megalomaniacs - we just need 2 of them and they always has first as an empty one, it means that getting ( for example) Cold to Core from it means at minimum 3 pointts investment ( passive for Jewel slot, next one for empty on Megalo and thrid one for CtC itself) ?

- large cluster with Cold to Core, Additional benefits from added passives ( atop of 12%) - there are no general recommendations, just see what you are missing ( like res ot similar) correct ?

2) General questions:
- I am following the POB from the original guida, leveling vbersion for 91 level. I am just 90, but it seems like I already have everything correctly invested and when I will hit 91, I will have one additional passive point not invested. What did I miss ? (I hope that my char is open and you can see)
- Vaal Regalia as a base for mega armor. I just need any Crusader/Shaper Vaal Regalia or some other parameters are important ?
- Aspect of the spider on the gloves. Í must have open suff/prefix on the gloves to beastcraft it with Aspect of the spider or it comes atop ?
- I can't really estimate the value of curse related benefits on Doedre's Scorn. Looking at my setup now - should I replace it with some 200+ ES/50+ Int + Res helmet or it only worth to be replaves by ES/int/ %Int/res helmet ?

- any recommendations on how I may improve my build/gear will be highly appreciated (there is a minor mess with resistance yet, the goal is to leverage it a little to be able to withdraw Res enchant from body/gloves or both).

Thank ypu in advance !

Regards.
"
Kakabot237 escribió:
And here comes a newbie with his questions right in the middle of upcoming changes discussion :)

First of all I would like to say BIG THANK YOU to Kelvynn for his enormous hard work to support that build development for such a long time !

As well special Kudos for those players ( sorry, I got bad memory for names) who are regularly participating in brainstorming with Kelvynn/share their own throughs /and support an army of newbies with their questions here !

I know that with upcoming changes it is hard to say exactly how the build should change, but it will be great if community may help me with my questions "as per current state".

1) Cluster version questions:

- Split personality with Int/energy shield is "a must" or I may start with Int/smth and when I will be able to farm 2x10 Ex switch to Int/Energy shield version ?
If it is ok to start with Int/smth - what is the most optimal "smth" for us ?

- Megalomaniacs - we just need 2 of them and they always has first as an empty one, it means that getting ( for example) Cold to Core from it means at minimum 3 pointts investment ( passive for Jewel slot, next one for empty on Megalo and thrid one for CtC itself) ?

- large cluster with Cold to Core, Additional benefits from added passives ( atop of 12%) - there are no general recommendations, just see what you are missing ( like res ot similar) correct ?

2) General questions:
- I am following the POB from the original guida, leveling vbersion for 91 level. I am just 90, but it seems like I already have everything correctly invested and when I will hit 91, I will have one additional passive point not invested. What did I miss ? (I hope that my char is open and you can see)
- Vaal Regalia as a base for mega armor. I just need any Crusader/Shaper Vaal Regalia or some other parameters are important ?
- Aspect of the spider on the gloves. Í must have open suff/prefix on the gloves to beastcraft it with Aspect of the spider or it comes atop ?
- I can't really estimate the value of curse related benefits on Doedre's Scorn. Looking at my setup now - should I replace it with some 200+ ES/50+ Int + Res helmet or it only worth to be replaves by ES/int/ %Int/res helmet ?

- any recommendations on how I may improve my build/gear will be highly appreciated (there is a minor mess with resistance yet, the goal is to leverage it a little to be able to withdraw Res enchant from body/gloves or both).

Thank ypu in advance !

Regards.

1) Int/ES is the best one, but you can get started with Int/something. Armor works well and is pretty cheap.

You can get away without Megalomaniacs. Just get good rare jewel to that socket and put rest of passive points somewhere nice. If you use Megalomaniacs, you want one with two good nodes.

+int, resist if you need, ES. Main purpose is CttC and sockets, if you get something extra nice to small ones, nice, but not needed.

2) You are missing the "Damage and Mana" node next to templar start. With Path of the Templar in ascendancy you can put passives starting from Templar start place. Allocating one node there activates the Templar part of the Pure Talent jewel.

You want to stack as much int and ES in your armors and Vaal Regalia has highest base ES of chest armors. If you try to roll %int with alts, you need shaper/crusader influence in it. Other way is to have regalia with no influence, get high ES and flat int and empty suffix and use crusader orb in hopes of it rolling %int. You need ilvl75+ to be able to roll the 9-12% int. In addition scourge introduced variance in the armor defence values, so some regalia can have higher base ES than other regalia. When you look item, you should see ES value like 182 (171-197) meaning current base value is 182, when min is 171 and max is 197. There is currency to reroll that value, but its quite rare.

Aspect of the spider goes to empty suffix. Also it dosen't have to go gloves, rings and belt can do as well, where ever you get empty suffix for it. Or even amulet if you upgrade from Astramentis.

The curse thing doesn't really do that much. Just consider it is 180ES helmet with 28int.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 1 feb. 2022 12:10:19
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Kakabot237 escribió:

1).

Thanks for the delailed answer.

1) I got one wir armor . Another two has Accuracy and Mana. I will look for the omne with armor to make a pair.

Megalomaniacs - got it.

Switcching to cluster right now, at 91 and without Thread of hope. Which part of the tree I should sacrifice at first ? I am looking at https://pastebin.com/uq2Zr4hj now.

2) I believe you mean the node "Spell Damage and Int". Thanks for the hint !
Vaal Regalia - I got one with iLvl 82 and Energa shield of 185 (shaper or crusader, the one with "red stars"). I assume it is fine and I just need to collect few thousands of alts ( with my "Luck" with random).

Aspect - clear. Doedre - got it. Will replace for something with nice ES and flat Int and maybe resists.
Hey guys! I'm back for the new league, and this time the Ascendant version seems to make the most sense - for a boss kill league.

Reading the initial Dev Manifesto scared me a little (30% less damage on CwC) until I saw that every single spell gem got buffed and realized that they simply forgot to buff Icestorm because it's not a skill gem. I immediately emailed GGG about that, and folks on reddit reacted too. Thankfully, GGG saw their oversight and fixed the issue quickly. As a result, we get a 5% damage buff on CwC Icestorm (1.0 * 0.7 * 1.5) and a HUGE damage buff on self-cast Icestorm.

I am very tempted to try self-casting on the bosses. Clearing with Cyclone CwC will be the same as usual, but the single target damage with Intensify and Cold Pen instead of Cyclone and CwC looks SWEET. As long as the new bosses don't immediately 1-shot you if stop for a second to cast. We'll see.

That's another reason to play the Ascendant - she is immune to stun and doesn't require ACwC to be safe.

Yet another reason is the new jewels that give you an extra Ascendancy node. It's restricted by class, and the Ascendant will have some special set of available nodes that hasn't been posted yet. But I hope there is something interesting there. So having access to more jewel sockets should be good.

And one more potential upgrade: the new Divine Blessing Support gem. If I understand it correctly, it lets you cast an aura effect as a temporary buff that doesn't reserve mana. For example, for 233 mana you can cast Hatred on yourself for 10.9 sec. I'll take that! Ascendant has more free mana and extra gems slots available for that too.

All the buffs and new possibilities and no nerfs! Haven't had a league like that in quite a while. I'm going to bring the Ascendant guide up to speed with all the new stuff from 3.16 Occultist (mostly, the awesomeness of Block), update the PoB's etc. And then we're going to have some FUN with the new bosses in 3.17.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hey guys! I'm back for the new league, and this time the Ascendant version seems to make the most sense - for a boss kill league.

Reading the initial Dev Manifesto scared me a little (30% less damage on CwC) until I saw that every single spell gem got buffed and realized that they simply forgot to buff Icestorm because it's not a skill gem. I immediately emailed GGG about that, and folks on reddit reacted too. Thankfully, GGG saw their oversight and fixed the issue quickly. As a result, we get a 5% damage buff on CwC Icestorm (1.0 * 0.7 * 1.5) and a HUGE damage buff on self-cast Icestorm.

I am very tempted to try self-casting on the bosses. Clearing with Cyclone CwC will be the same as usual, but the single target damage with Intensify and Cold Pen instead of Cyclone and CwC looks SWEET. As long as the new bosses don't immediately 1-shot you if stop for a second to cast. We'll see.

That's another reason to play the Ascendant - she is immune to stun and doesn't require ACwC to be safe.

Yet another reason is the new jewels that give you an extra Ascendancy node. It's restricted by class, and the Ascendant will have some special set of available nodes that hasn't been posted yet. But I hope there is something interesting there. So having access to more jewel sockets should be good.

And one more potential upgrade: the new Divine Blessing Support gem. If I understand it correctly, it lets you cast an aura effect as a temporary buff that doesn't reserve mana. For example, for 233 mana you can cast Hatred on yourself for 10.9 sec. I'll take that! Ascendant has more free mana and extra gems slots available for that too.

All the buffs and new possibilities and no nerfs! Haven't had a league like that in quite a while. I'm going to bring the Ascendant guide up to speed with all the new stuff from 3.16 Occultist (mostly, the awesomeness of Block), update the PoB's etc. And then we're going to have some FUN with the new bosses in 3.17.

Thank you so much for keeping this build updated and alive. I will start with this build in 3.17 since it's one of the funniest builds i have played in PoE. <3
Are there some tips on fighting Maven using this build?

I guess I need to learn the fight (I'm not sure exactly when the memory game starts) given that it is now a gate to end game content (I play SSF). I just recently learned the animation in the Betrayal boss fight for her 'Arise my children' minions to know when to 'kill' them.

BTW, in case someone didn't know, the jewel can have '10% reduced reflected elemental damage taken' from Harvest crafting. Combined with 'Soul of Yugul', you can get reflected damage immunity without the need to change ring or using sextant (which isn't available for Shaper guardian).
Another question.

Do the implicit on 'Fingerless Silk Gloves', 'Synthesis Implicits' and the upcoming 'Eldritch Implicits' share the same slot or can they coexist?
I only know that the first one is incompatible with lab enchantment.

I'm trying to find a good base for my Harvest crafting 'Synthesise an item'. I currently have an ilvl 86 'Sorcerer Gloves' with 30q and max base ES. No luck on a 'Fingerless Silk Gloves' with max base ES yet.
"
Kakabot237 escribió:

2) I believe you mean the node "Spell Damage and Int".

No.
I mean "Damage and Mana" node next to _TEMPLAR_ start place.

Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 1 feb. 2022 21:38:23

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional