[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Hey guys! I'm back for the new league, and this time the Ascendant version seems to make the most sense - for a boss kill league.

Reading the initial Dev Manifesto scared me a little (30% less damage on CwC) until I saw that every single spell gem got buffed and realized that they simply forgot to buff Icestorm because it's not a skill gem. I immediately emailed GGG about that, and folks on reddit reacted too. Thankfully, GGG saw their oversight and fixed the issue quickly. As a result, we get a 5% damage buff on CwC Icestorm (1.0 * 0.7 * 1.5) and a HUGE damage buff on self-cast Icestorm.

I am very tempted to try self-casting on the bosses. Clearing with Cyclone CwC will be the same as usual, but the single target damage with Intensify and Cold Pen instead of Cyclone and CwC looks SWEET. As long as the new bosses don't immediately 1-shot you if stop for a second to cast. We'll see.

That's another reason to play the Ascendant - she is immune to stun and doesn't require ACwC to be safe.

Yet another reason is the new jewels that give you an extra Ascendancy node. It's restricted by class, and the Ascendant will have some special set of available nodes that hasn't been posted yet. But I hope there is something interesting there. So having access to more jewel sockets should be good.

And one more potential upgrade: the new Divine Blessing Support gem. If I understand it correctly, it lets you cast an aura effect as a temporary buff that doesn't reserve mana. For example, for 233 mana you can cast Hatred on yourself for 10.9 sec. I'll take that! Ascendant has more free mana and extra gems slots available for that too.

All the buffs and new possibilities and no nerfs! Haven't had a league like that in quite a while. I'm going to bring the Ascendant guide up to speed with all the new stuff from 3.16 Occultist (mostly, the awesomeness of Block), update the PoB's etc. And then we're going to have some FUN with the new bosses in 3.17.

Thank you for your consistent hard work in keeping the build up to date. I've been playing it the past 2 leagues and was really looking forward to pushing it further in this one. Hoping to make it to level 100 and clusters!
Hi Kelvin

Verry nice that you put in the work. Will miss the profane bloom and also it will a boss killing league the archnemesis perhaps would be much faster with the explosion. But i really miss the jewel slots in witch tree. mostly in endgame when i have the mastery jewels.

We will see how it works. Hopefully you dont change your mind in league as i hate lvl ing and dont want to switch over to the witch if ascendant dont work as you wish :-)
"
vbvan escribió:
Are there some tips on fighting Maven using this build?

I guess I need to learn the fight (I'm not sure exactly when the memory game starts) given that it is now a gate to end game content (I play SSF).

Video: AL9 Maven

You do need to learn the basic mechanics of the fight.

Maven phase: stay near her so that she doesn't use Cascade of Pain. Dodge the Laser Rake. When the Nexus shoots the 3 balls that chase you, park them on the outside of the ring.

Nexus phase: go to the side areas that open for this phase and avoid the explosion. Then get near the Nexus. The rotating laser beams will point at the side areas, so be on a different side. Stay near the Nexus and move slowly around as it rotates. If you touch the laser beams you cannot regain ES for 10 sec and have to just avoid all damage until the purple debuff disappears.

Memory game: go to the top side, you can see all 3 sectors from there. The first sequence is only 3 long, easy. After that it's 6 long. Assign the numbers 1 2 3 to the 3 sectors in your mind, and memorize them in pairs as they flash purple. It's hard to remember 6 numbers, but easy 3 pairs of 2. For example: 1-2 3-1 3-1.

Final phase: dodge the rotating lasers, they give the purple debuff. You can Frostblink or Flame Dash through the lasers. Chase the Maven as she teleports around. For the Memory Game, go to the right side and then move as the beams rotate. You'll be on the top side while the sequence is playing, to see all 3 sectors.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 2 feb. 2022 3:08:35
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Kakabot237 escribió:

2) I believe you mean the node "Spell Damage and Int".

No.
I mean "Damage and Mana" node next to _TEMPLAR_ start place.

Got it. Sorry, seems like I was tired yesterday, searching for it.

Just few follow ups:

1) Helm - I need just regular Hubris Circlet (iLVL 75-79) to start with crafting and it will become "Hunter" after I slam Hunter orb, or I need exactly Hunter version of Hubris Circlet to start with ?

2) Any interesting enchants for us in Labyrinth to hunt for or just "8/8 Eternal and forget it" ?

Regards
Hello guys, first i wanna thank you for keeping eye on this build.

"
Kakabot237 escribió:
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Kakabot237 escribió:

2) I believe you mean the node "Spell Damage and Int".

No.
I mean "Damage and Mana" node next to _TEMPLAR_ start place.

Got it. Sorry, seems like I was tired yesterday, searching for it.

Just few follow ups:

1) Helm - I need just regular Hubris Circlet (iLVL 75-79) to start with crafting and it will become "Hunter" after I slam Hunter orb, or I need exactly Hunter version of Hubris Circlet to start with ?

2) Any interesting enchants for us in Labyrinth to hunt for or just "8/8 Eternal and forget it" ?

Regards

I think there is no difference, you just need required ilvl and source of influence doesnt matter. Just pick up cheaper option. Hope somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: If you dont know, this website can help you.
https://www.craftofexile.com/
Editado por útlima vez por PefCandry en 2 feb. 2022 5:00:46
"
vbvan escribió:
Do the implicit on 'Fingerless Silk Gloves', 'Synthesis Implicits' and the upcoming 'Eldritch Implicits' share the same slot or can they coexist?
I only know that the first one is incompatible with lab enchantment.
Lab enchantment doesn't override anything except anointments (like breathstealer glove).

Implicits replace each other, so both synthesized and new boss ones will replace the base one.
we need list of new impl
mb some of them gona be great for us on gloves-boots or even helm-chest if % int in list xD
"
Kakabot237 escribió:

Just few follow ups:

Regards

You can't slam a Hunter orb on a helm already with hunter influence. Look for an uncorrupted non-influenced ilvl 75-79 Hubris with 43-50 intelligence, good ES, and a free suffix. Then slam the orb. You'll get either 8% or 10% int from it (use beastcrafting to reroll it cheaply until you get nearly max stats.)

You can essence craft 51-58 int on a ilvl 75-79 helm with deafening spite and hope you get good ES, but that's likely to cost you more.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 2 feb. 2022 13:50:16
i make the helmet every league with essence of spite for 58 and a good suffix and then harvest reroll prefixes. Worked every league good in 5 to 10 trys. i made it bevor with il 86 helmet and crafted good es and 60 int and from 23 trys i made only one had 10 inc int 2 8 inc int and all other something with conflux.
So for me the best thing is essence and and slam and then harvest if slam is good.
You can get pretty much the same result using ilvl 75-79 helms, ichbin, with the upside that your slam always works. (The only diff is T2 %ES versus T1 %ES on ilvl 84+ helms.)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional