[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

still not enough imho xD
remove storms cap!)or up it to 7-9
"
Cjin escribió:
"
TheD1rtyRider escribió:
Icestorm (granted by The Whispering Ice Unique Staff): Now has an Added Damage effectiveness of 100% (previously 60%), which affects the 3 to 5 base Cold Damage per 10 Intelligence that the Skill grants (this is a buff).

Not sure if this is enough to save the build or not.

It should be. If I understand right, it is 67% damage buff, so with the 30% CwC nerf, you get total of 16.9% INCREASE to damage.

You mean ~17% more damage, not "increased" as in the POE sense, right?
"
Graiaule escribió:

You mean ~17% more damage, not "increased" as in the POE sense, right?

Yes. 5/3*0.7

Only other change I can find, is the new implicts, but you cannot use them on influenced items so currently that leaves only gloves. If you don't find synthesized ones.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 27 ene. 2022 16:45:38
Just means spider aspect goes on synthesized belt, most likely.

Have to wonder if there's some way to use the staff without using CwC... maybe we're supposed to self-cast it now?

I'm trying to remember how it used to be before cyclone etc... searing ray and we stood in place. So we don't need the unique boots. Clear suffers, but boss damage goes up a LOT (since no CWC/Cyclone, so 2 more dps supports.)

Hmm.

I already stutter-step when playing toxic rain, but that's fast-cast. Hmm.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 27 ene. 2022 16:53:47
"
Graiaule escribió:
Just means spider aspect goes on synthesized belt, most likely.

Have to wonder if there's some way to use the staff without using CwC... maybe we're supposed to self-cast it now?

I'm trying to remember how it used to be before cyclone etc... searing ray and we stood in place. So we don't need the unique boots. Clear suffers, but boss damage goes up a LOT (since no CWC/Cyclone, so 2 more dps supports.)

Hmm.

I already stutter-step when playing toxic rain, but that's fast-cast. Hmm.

Every now and then there is someone who does it with cast on critical strike. But you still need to use some other skill. And CoC also got same kind of nerf as CwC.

Before Cyclone was channeling skill, we used Winter Orb, but you need to stay still to channel it. Being able to move all the time with cyclone is so huge defensive advantage, I would not try to live without anymore. And it is so much faster for clearing.

Of course you can go without Stampede, you just need good move speed flask, and good move speed on boots and you are not too much slower. But you need to keep using flask. Maybe with some of the new flask enchants it could work somehow.

But you would loose 2nd annoinment.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 27 ene. 2022 17:03:23
Yeah, no shit, I remember the days before cyclone very well.

We may just have to explore the options. It's possible GGG didn't buff us any further because they're thinking -- those idiots, why do they keep using Cyclone? Our in house WI builds do three times the damage Kelvynn comes up with... ---

I know there might be mana issues. We've solved them before.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 27 ene. 2022 17:16:53
Where are y'all seeing the CwC nerfs? I'm looking at the just released patch notes and don't see anything.
30% less damage on the CwC gems.

May still try and make this build work for 3.17. Map clear might be kinda meh but should be a decent bosser. I had no problems farming Maven/AL9 Sirus with the Occultist version back in Ritual league.
According to folks over on the Occultist forum -- the whispering ice/icestorm buff isn't actually a buff. Apparently, it looks like the 60% damage modifier never applied to the base damage, so changing it to 100% doesn't do anything to increase the base damage of the spell.

If this bears out, the build probably isn't worth trying in 3.17 IMO.
"
Graiaule escribió:
Yeah, no shit, I remember the days before cyclone very well.

We may just have to explore the options. It's possible GGG didn't buff us any further because they're thinking -- those idiots, why do they keep using Cyclone? Our in house WI builds do three times the damage Kelvynn comes up with... ---

I know there might be mana issues. We've solved them before.

maybe boss killer can be self-cast and mapping can be CwC.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional