[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Rumtum escribió:
Firstly, enjoying this build a lot.

I notice in the video, the character has ES well over 11k. ScourgeAnn character is lvl92 (delve is a great way to quickly level up) but my ES is still under 6k. What am I missing that would have such a dramatic effect??

would love to tell you but your character is private
"
would love to tell you but your character is private

Settings updated. Tell me what I’ve missed!
"
Rumtum escribió:

Settings updated. Tell me what I’ve missed!

You have quite low ES on your chest/helmet/gloves. To me for example (2900int) getting 100 more ES on an item means 800 more ES on character, because you get so much %increased ES from int. You really want to have all prefixes to have +ES or +%ES. 300 on chest is... when I got to maps, first item I bought was chest with 400+ ES.
So I tried this build this season and for the most part it was pretty smooth.

I have ran into a problem in late maps, in that I seem to be getting instant killed (one shot). Tends to happen once or twice per red map. I also have had a hard time taking dps to the next level (which may be why I get instant gibbed, as I might not be clearing mobs out quick enough)

Was thinking of trying this again in 3.17 as I did find it pretty fun, but the wall I hit in T15 and T16, was frustrating. I am sure it is something I have over looked but I cannot seem to find it. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
"
Zwingnut escribió:
So I tried this build this season and for the most part it was pretty smooth.

I have ran into a problem in late maps, in that I seem to be getting instant killed (one shot). Tends to happen once or twice per red map. I also have had a hard time taking dps to the next level (which may be why I get instant gibbed, as I might not be clearing mobs out quick enough)

Was thinking of trying this again in 3.17 as I did find it pretty fun, but the wall I hit in T15 and T16, was frustrating. I am sure it is something I have over looked but I cannot seem to find it. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

For not dying part, it is hard to say without seeing how you play. Does it happen outside scourge, or inside after you have stacked buffs? There is also always get more ES option. How much do you have?

For damage you are missing some int. Chest can have 12% int and benchcrafting can give you 6% increased attributes. Staff could have 2% more increased int. For belt, you can get Cyclopean coil with 18% inc attributes without corruption, or synthesized belt with 18%int and other stuff like 60+ flat int. Your gloves have no int at all. Helmet could have 45+ flat int and 10% increased int.

Those together are over 40% increased int and 130+ flat int (that gets multiplied by %increased int) you are missing. That is lot of dps and ES.

In addition you do not have any annoinment on your amulet, Tranquility is ton of dps, and boots have only +30int annoinment.

You also don't have cluster jewel version of the tree. Getting 2 Split personalities with +int can also give you lot of +int.
Thank you for your insight. I came across some currency and was able to afford some upgrades, and DPS is much better.

Still seem to get one shot a lot, as I approach packs to drop my Vortex. I will watch through your videos again and see if I could be doing things differently. I try not to approach a pack straight on circling around the outside.

it almost looks to me like projectiles, maybe spells seem to take me down in one shot. My ES might be a bit low at 6k.

I will keep practicing with it as I do find it fun. Just need to figure out why projectiles take me down so easily.

Do appreciate the responses though.
K mighta figured out the death thing. I had experimented with an Anomloous immortal Call which had 20% increased cooldown, and a base of 1s.

Putting a regular IC in and deaths have plummetted.
"
Zwingnut escribió:
K mighta figured out the death thing. I had experimented with an Anomloous immortal Call which had 20% increased cooldown, and a base of 1s.

It should not matter that much. I see you have also gotten little bit more ES, so it could be that.
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Zwingnut escribió:

It should not matter that much. I see you have also gotten little bit more ES, so it could be that.

The things that transmute me from dying often to dying rarely (and this happens every league) are (in no particular order):

1. CWDT/Immortal Call/Increased Duration
2. Watcher's Eye +ES on hit with discipline
3. Increasing ES from ~4000 at map start to ~9000 before red maps
4. Remembering leech doesn't work unless icestorm is hitting monsters
5. Deep focus on maximizing INT (for ES and DPS)
6. Improved amulet and cluster jewels (most leagues I never get the currency for these)
7. Stun immunity (if you don't have it already)

As a data point, my character on Standard hits a wall at around level 22 on simulacrum. Just not enough dps to leech enough to survive Kosis. (I ran out of exalts to redo the cluster jewels -- the gear can be improved.)
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 23 ene. 2022 15:35:44
That Cast While Channeling nerf seems like a pretty major blow to this build.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional